PDA

View Full Version : ITT: Ask someone who just finished their first year at uni taking IT anything

WinG.NuT
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I've noticed that lots of people are interested in going into this field because of the good pay and extremely high demand in the future.

I am going for my 2nd year in a Computer Information Technology program come September. Have any questions of what to expect? Go for it.

dcballer
07-13-2010, 09:39 PM
I just finished my 2nd year studying IT.
What field in IT are you concentrating on? For example, networking, security...

Evolutionary1
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
what kind of classes have you taken so far?

WinG.NuT
07-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I just finished my 2nd year studying IT.
What field in IT are you concentrating on? For example, networking, security...

what kind of classes have you taken so far?

Well the first two years of my IT course is very broad. (Then you can take another 2 years and get your bachelors in a certain field)

My courses in my first year were focused on (I left a few out):

Web development (fundamentals/web applications)
Human-Computer Interaction
Databases
Java Software Developement
Math
Business Communications

My course has A LOT more finals than most other fields in my uni.

Right now I am leaning towards web development. I have a solid set of graphic skills to go a long with it.

Evolutionary1
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Well the first two years of my IT course is very broad. (Then you can take another 2 years and get your bachelors in a certain field)

My courses in my first year were focused on (I left a few out):

Web development (fundamentals/web applications)
Human-Computer Interaction
Databases
Java Software Developement
Math
Business Communications

My course has A LOT more finals than most other fields in my uni.

Right now I am leaning towards web development. I have a solid set of graphic skills to go a long with it.

word, im in network security right now. i will have my AAS by november, but i mihgt go for a bachelors in MIS. Word of advice: get certifications, they will help you get get a job more than anything.

WinG.NuT
07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
word, im in network security right now. i will have my AAS by november, but i mihgt go for a bachelors in MIS. Word of advice: get certifications, they will help you get get a job more than anything.

Smart choice going into the networking field, you're gonna be ballin' srs. I wish I had interest in networking and the desire to study it. My heart just isn't there!