PDA

View Full Version : I'm from boston....and I want to see Fenway tore down...

lllBoneZlll
07-12-2010, 07:43 AM
u mad?

Been to plenty of games...they need a new park...fenway is a junk box with obstructed seats, of which by the way some dont even face home plate...srs... 4rd baselin faces the monster....da fuk?

I used to workoutside there, and they need a modernized ballpark...will bring in more revenue to the area as well...

On a side note: they need new owners....ones that care more about the game than money....Boston Red Sox- Most money grubbing organiztion in sports...

^^^^^^^^^^
My Opinion.......

in b4 haters...

DatMilkman
07-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Red SOx fan here and I agree. I'm 6'3" and I can't even fit in those small ass ****ing seats...

Nutella!
07-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Will never happen. Oldest stadium in the US.. they won't just tear it down

DatMilkman
07-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Will never happen. Oldest stadium in the US.. they won't just tear it down

Sincerely,

Old Yankee Stadium

ezra76
07-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I was working a block away from it last week. They'll have a hell of a time getting the construction equipment in there to do the job.

evilsteve02
07-12-2010, 08:13 AM
I am not a red sucks fan, but i do agree. I honestly never understood the whole "historical value" of the stadium...to me it always looked dirty. I think the Red Sox organization and fans would both greatly benefit from a new stadium. From what i understand it is still hard to get tickets? So wouldn't it make more sense to make a bigger stadium that way more people can get in, more revenue for the team, more money to get better players (continue to get better players)....makes sense to me.

lllBoneZlll
07-12-2010, 08:27 AM
I was working a block away from it last week. They'll have a hell of a time getting the construction equipment in there to do the job.

dood-guy.....there are logistical problems to all construction endeavours...O btw, the same company/family owns most if not all the immediate buildings surrounding fenway...just sayin...theyd shut down them streets...

TimDF
07-12-2010, 08:28 AM
They could find a spot for a new park, but Fenway ain't going nowhere.

Nutella!
07-12-2010, 08:48 AM
dood-guy.....there are logistical problems to all construction endeavours...O btw, the same company/family owns most if not all the immediate buildings surrounding fenway...just sayin...theyd shut down them streets...

Don't make me walk to the pru to beat your ass

darkninja67
07-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Fenway is a joke. Whenever I go it feels like I am sitting on the next guy's lap. They need to build a new ballpark but it will not happen in my lifetime. John Henry is cheap. The place smells like urine too.

Also, when there was talk of a new stadium they were not going to rebuild it in the same area, IIRC they wanted to build in the Lynn/Revere area.

Joe145
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Fenway is a joke. Whenever I go it feels like I am sitting on the next guy's lap. They need to build a new ballpark but it will not happen in my lifetime. John Henry is cheap. The place smells like urine too.

Also, when there was talk of a new stadium they were not going to rebuild it in the same area, IIRC they wanted to build in the Lynn/Revere area.

Jamaica Plains near Norton right(I don't know the area much)?

Anyways we need a new stadium, but I think either way, an ASG needs to be played at New Fenway the year its built, or Old Fenway the year before its torn down.

Dr Miscer
07-12-2010, 08:58 AM
f*ck the red sox, i'm a huge yankees fan.

HOWEVER,

Fenway Park is a landmark. I've been to a few games there, it's small and claustrophobic but overall it's a beautiful, intimate ballpark and it should never be torn down. that being said, GO YANKEES

DatMilkman
07-12-2010, 09:03 AM

Red Sox playing home games in LYNN? Would NEVER happen...

darkninja67
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Jamaica Plains near Norton right(I don't know the area much)?

Anyways we need a new stadium, but I think either way, an ASG needs to be played at New Fenway the year its built, or Old Fenway the year before its torn down.

JP is a neighborhood of Boston, enar Franklin Park.

GO YANKEES!

darkninja67
07-12-2010, 09:05 AM

Yeah well they canned that idea fast.

The Landsdowne area is way too small for a large stadium. Like someone said, the logistics would be a nightmare.

Joe145
07-12-2010, 09:07 AM
JP is a neighborhood of Boston, enar Franklin Park.

GO YANKEES!

Didn't see avatar/10

Fabs23
07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
build the new park over Whitey's body dumping ground. end of story. I like Fenway, I think it will be around for another 20 years.

lllBoneZlll
07-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't make me walk to the pru to beat your ass

dont threaten me w a good time...haha

lllBoneZlll
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM

this....i lold IRL.

Stray*Cat*Strut
07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
As much as I like going to Fenway to see a game, it's a piece of $#!+ and needs to be replaced to accomodate people over 5ft. tall. Fenway was only great compared to the old Garden and Foxboro/Sullivan stadium which made Fenway look like a palace.