PDA

View Full Version : Convenient in class meal

jimm714
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm an ectomorph and bulking right now at 125 lbs. I recently posted my diet, and was told that protein bars should not be a meal. Well, the only reason I have a protein bar as a meal is because I have class at that time and a protein bar is convenient. I also find that it adds up well into my total calories and nutrients at the end of the day. It's about 140 cals, 10 protein, 15 carbs, 5 fat.

If I really DO need to replace it, what would be convenient enough to eat in class as a meal?

Docta J
01-28-2007, 10:49 PM
If thats all you have its better than nothing really.

buddhastalin
01-28-2007, 10:56 PM
beef jerk. nuts. fruit. it's a complete meal.

infinitenexus
01-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Protein bars usually aren't bad in themselves, their problem lies in the overall lack of calories. If you're trying to gain weight, you'll need to eat about 5 of those to get enough calories for a meal. Honestly, you'd be better off buying some stoneground wheat bread, sliced turkey breast, dijon mustard and maybe some cheddar or something and making some sandwiches. With protein bars costing as much as they sometimes do, you might even save some money.

And trust me, a 600 calorie turkey on wheat with sharp chedder tastes much better than a powdery protein bar.

jimm714
01-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I know making a sandwich would be much better, but at this stage in my bulking (only 4 days into it), I'm shooting for 2500 calories a day, and the protein bar adds just the right amount into my diet.