PDA

View Full Version : Finalized Clean Bulk - PLEASE tell me if I've got it right!

Xfade326
07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Ok so I'm about 6'2, 182 lbs and I've been cutting for about a year on and off. I was originally around 235lbs but the fat has not come off so easily anymore. I'm probably around 15-18% bf. So I plan on clean bulking for a while instead of cutting so I have a better base to make the push to around 12% bf. Here's what I plan on eating:

Meal 1:
4 egg whites
Protein shake (1 scoop whey + 2 cups milk)
1 cup oats + 1 cup milk

Meal 2:
6 oz chicken breast
6 oz broccoli
2 oz almonds

Meal 3:
5 oz tuna
2 slices whole grain bread

WORKOUT

Meal 4:
Protein Shake (1 scoop whey + 1 cup milk)
1 banana

Meal 5:
6 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup veggies
1 whole grain tortilla

Meal 6:
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
3 tbs natural peanut butter

Totals: 3150 calories / 85g fat / 330g carbs / 285g protein

(1) I'm not sure of the placement of the first protein shake, but I needed it in there somewhere to hit my macros and the protein in my first meal seemed lacking.

(2) Is 285g protein too much?

Any other suggestions? (Note: I'm on a tight budget, but aren't we all?)

MarkVI
07-11-2010, 10:50 PM
looks great, but get rid of the whey and 2 cups of milk in the morning, instead add 2 whole eggs to your whites and profit!

Holyspokes
07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
looks great, but get rid of the whey and 2 cups of milk in the morning, instead add 2 whole eggs to your whites and profit!

This, but I would also increase the rice to a full cup if your not gaining on that.

themoose333
07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
That is almost identical to mine which is working great so far. I'm up 5lbs the past 6 weeks or so and gaining strength in pretty much all my lifts (deads and squats especially).

Differences:
-I do 2 whole eggs instead of the whey in the morning
-I take a whey shake w/ an apple for preWO about 45 mins before (not the tuna sandwich)
-I swap the brown rice/tortilla at dinner for a delicious big sweet potato
-Make all meat servings 8oz at least

Other than that it's the same