PDA

View Full Version : Best Whey while cutting

gorilla
11-06-2001, 09:29 PM
I need help deciding which protein supplement to use when i decide to start ym cutting phase in a few weeks, people have said that it needs to be a blend and some say it needs to be ion- exchange and. i have been taking nlarge2 for a while now maybe 2 months or so and i am leaning towards and isopure supplemnt for cutting? my only question is about the zero carbs is that good or bad you need cabrs postworkout right? but it is ion exchange whey but it has no fat? thats not good right ? overall i am confused about this subject because i have not gained to much weight but this will be my first cutting cycle so i dont want to dig a deep hole for myself. also if i took the isopure maybe i could mix some peanut butter with it and have a banana or something to get the carbs and fats in me? any help is appreciated. thanks
gorilla

ps- if anyone can recomend a good fat burner like animal cuts or thryoslim if youve had any expierences let me know

Beast 3
11-06-2001, 11:43 PM
Make sure its a high quality protein with low carbs. I would go for designer protein or nitrotech both are high quality products. About fat burners i went from a 20 to a 12 percent in bodyfat using the same old eca stack but the side effects are not that great so you want to stay in adaptation, using small doses then after a few weeks keep increasing it to the REGULAR DOSE. Adaptation is the key to everything especially muscle growth or either fat loss. Remember to cycle the fat burner too.

Beast 3
11-07-2001, 12:01 AM
Make sure its a high quality protein with low carbs. I would go for designer protein or nitrotech both are high quality products. About fat burners i went from a 20 to a 12 percent in bodyfat using the same old eca stack but the side effects are not that great so you want to stay in adaptation, using small doses then after a few weeks keep increasing it to the REGULAR DOSE. Adaptation is the key to everything especially muscle growth or either fat loss. Remember to cycle the fat burner too.

gorilla
11-07-2001, 10:36 AM
so do you think that isopure would work for me its low in carbs and low in fat so if i mixxed some peanut butter in with it and had a banana or something would it work or help out? i want to be able to still see some gains while losing some fat so i think im going to just ditch the fat burner and just watch my diet and see if i can do it on my own but i need a good whey to switch over from nlarge2
gorilla

gorilla
11-07-2001, 10:37 AM
im not a big fan of nitrotech or any of that or optiums 100% whey it did not work for me. but any suggestions i take seriously thanks?

Beast 3
11-07-2001, 02:36 PM
Well the key is to use the supplement right, lots of times people fail to achieve results because they are not using their supplements right. Nitrotech is one of the most advance protein's out there, and 100 percent optimum is nothing but trash, is not even pure and I heard rumors that the protein is very cheaply produce so you would get very cheap results. Nitrotech is the way to go.

Original Poster
11-08-2001, 10:37 AM
sorry to interrupt,

But optimum nutrition in my opinion is a reputable company overall (see I say overall, not that every product they make is reputable). Let's face it money rules the industry.

They make quality whey protein at an affordable price.
As far as quality, optimum's quality stands up pretty damn well when held upto other whey's on the market.

Maybe what some users of straight whey protein need is a weight gainer and not 100%whey protein.

I have been using a ton of optimum product over the past 2 years and I tell you they work and they save me a ton of money.

BULKING - doesn't mean pay more for supps because you don't know any better.
CUTTING - doesn't mean lightening the wallet. (hehe)

OPTIMUM ROCKS - and they don't rip you off.

James5567
11-08-2001, 02:33 PM
DOes ANy Low Carb Protein Powder taste reasonably good with water?? Methoxymeal is great but it costs way too much for me to spend on it, has anyone found a good powder or mrp that is low carb and mixes with water?

gorilla
11-08-2001, 10:19 PM
Hey bro man whats up , i saw your from crystal lake well im from palatine. anyways you seem to like optium, i did not really care for 100% whey but i was wondering if you have tried their PRO-COMPLEX its looks to me like a decent supplement to use while trying to pack on some mass and slim down some.
gorilla

Beast 3
11-09-2001, 12:09 AM
I don't think that guy over there believe that all protein's are made the same. Optimum has a nice reputation on non-gainers which are cheap and waste money on a 5 lb jug of protein which was poorly processed. Nothing in life comes big and cheap there is something behind everything which is what you don't know. Their protein is far from quality

casvg5
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Well the key is to use the supplement right, lots of times people fail to achieve results because they are not using their supplements right. Nitrotech is one of the most advance protein's out there, and 100 percent optimum is nothing but trash, is not even pure and I heard rumors that the protein is very cheaply produce so you would get very cheap results. Nitrotech is the way to go.

WTF are you talking about. Optimum is one of the most trusted names in bodybuilding. They are tried and true. Muscletech.....the makers of the BUNK product nitrotech, is one of the most laughed at, looked down upon companies in bodybuilding....by anyone who knows much about it.

Nitrotech is a tub of powderized **** if you ask me......but they put fancy diagrams on their labels...and it sells to ignorant kids all the time. I hate muscletech...they promise so much, and to these kids, trying out their first supplement and not gaining the 15 lbs the label promised can be a deal breaker for working out at all. I work at GNC, i HIGHLY advise my customers NOT to buy muscletech......havent sold anything muscletech in over a month ;)

lee__d
08-28-2009, 02:49 PM
i like ON , all the whey seems to taste amazing acc'd to most and has a nice protein/cal ratio....in the end, i would pick one that's tasty and has around 130 cals or less (i dont like too many cals just so i can more food throughout the day)

TheCore84
08-28-2009, 02:52 PM

do you work for craptech, i mean muscletech? muscletech is the most overpriced, do nothing for you supplement in bodybuilding! its not high quality, just high price. like that other guy said yeah they have charts and fancy graphs on the tubs but they dont do a thing for you except put your wallet and bank account on an extremely unhealthy cutting phase. celltech (muscletechs creatine blend) promises like what, you can gain 14 lbs in a week, are you effing kidding me!?! its a load of crap and i will never, ever buy anything from them again. op is def the way to go, musclemilk or cytogainer isnt bad either. where did you hear this "rumor" from that op produces cheap protein?

TheCore84
08-28-2009, 02:53 PM
WTF are you talking about. Optimum is one of the most trusted names in bodybuilding. They are tried and true. Muscletech.....the makers of the BUNK product nitrotech, is one of the most laughed at, looked down upon companies in bodybuilding....by anyone who knows much about it.

Nitrotech is a tub of powderized **** if you ask me......but they put fancy diagrams on their labels...and it sells to ignorant kids all the time. I hate muscletech...they promise so much, and to these kids, trying out their first supplement and not gaining the 15 lbs the label promised can be a deal breaker for working out at all. I work at GNC, i HIGHLY advise my customers NOT to buy muscletech......havent sold anything muscletech in over a month ;)

repped!

hodag1
08-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Several studies have been done on protein sources and overall muscle synthesis with a conclusion that there are any number of protein sources that will do the trick. Stated differently, while one may be a bit better than other, your body is not that sensitive that it makes much difference.

And do get some carbs with your protein. Muscle synthesis is triggered by a combination of biochemical signals, the two most important being the branch-chain amino acid leucine and the second being insulin. Given your body insulin without leucine or leucine without insulin does not get the process going. You may find this reference helpful:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15930468?dopt=Citation

EUROTEKM3
08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
why is ON diet whey protein have more calories than 100% whey ?

obesebeast
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
DOes ANy Low Carb Protein Powder taste reasonably good with water??

All The Whey or Muscle Gauge Nutrition(rebranded All The Whey) have whey isolates for ~$35-40 per 5lb tub, 103 calories, 25g protein, 0g fat, <1g net carbs....highest potency you can find, hands down, amazing price and taste is great w/ water, and I only use(d) water with these flavors

Cup Cake Batter - Favorite
Chocolate
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
Ice Cream Sandwich

these powders put ON to shame, ON has just got its stronghold via advertising and distribution to every retail supplement store....shop online, shipping is inexpensive and prices are phenomenal. I've gone through many of ONs flavors in the past, not only do they not taste as good but they're more expensive, more carbs, more fat, more calories, less protein, same AA profiles

EUROTEKM3
08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
All The Whey or Muscle Gauge Nutrition(rebranded All The Whey) have whey isolates for ~$35-40 per 5lb tub, 103 calories, 25g protein, 0g fat, <1g net carbs....highest potency you can find, hands down, amazing price and taste is great w/ water, and I only use(d) water with these flavors

Chocolate
Ice Cream Sandwich

these powders put ON to shame, ON has just got its stronghold via advertising and distribution to every retail supplement store....shop online, shipping is inexpensive and prices are phenomenal. I've gone through many of ONs flavors in the past, not only do they not taste as good but they're more expensive, more carbs, more fat, more calories, less protein, same AA profiles

I looked at their website, and the offer whey iso expresso !! lol might have to give that a try....

NACMaverick
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
That All the Whey stuff almost looks to good to be true... 8 mg of Cholestrol @ 3% DV per scoop. Pretty stellar. I know the GNC stuff puts you at like 20% DV with two scoops of Cholestrol. Ingrediants are pretty straightforward too. Not a whole lot but Whey.

EUROTEKM3
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I dont see these flavors on their website ?

Ice Cream Sandwich

mlalahoi
09-04-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm not that impressed with ON either, it is super thin when mixed with water, the artificial flavors are just off, and the fat and carbs are higher than other proteins at the same price point. All the Whey is an awesome source, I also like Isopure Zero-Carb when cutting, 50g protein in two scoops and just 210cals, no fat or carbs. If you shop around you can find it cheaper than on this site too. Best flavor is Cookies and Cream.

kyo_clone
09-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm not that impressed with ON either, it is super thin when mixed with water, the artificial flavors are just off, and the fat and carbs are higher than other proteins at the same price point. All the Whey is an awesome source, I also like Isopure Zero-Carb when cutting, 50g protein in two scoops and just 210cals, no fat or carbs. If you shop around you can find it cheaper than on this site too. Best flavor is Cookies and Cream.

So everyone is confusein me i see lots of good talk about the ON but den peeps here are puttin it down......Im tryin to lose weight while getting the protein i need....Wich should i take ....Im da same situation as da person who made da thread.........Ill with wat mostly all the people go with .

stilldoinit
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM

I doubt he's still around. This thread is 8 years old.

casvg5
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM

haha....damn, didnt even notice that.

kyo_clone
09-04-2009, 08:46 AM

ilmao....

blizo843
09-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I need help deciding which protein supplement to use when i decide to start ym cutting phase in a few weeks, people have said that it needs to be a blend and some say it needs to be ion- exchange and. i have been taking nlarge2 for a while now maybe 2 months or so and i am leaning towards and isopure supplemnt for cutting? my only question is about the zero carbs is that good or bad you need cabrs postworkout right? but it is ion exchange whey but it has no fat? thats not good right ? overall i am confused about this subject because i have not gained to much weight but this will be my first cutting cycle so i dont want to dig a deep hole for myself. also if i took the isopure maybe i could mix some peanut butter with it and have a banana or something to get the carbs and fats in me? any help is appreciated. thanks
gorilla

ps- if anyone can recomend a good fat burner like animal cuts or thryoslim if youve had any expierences let me know

Muscle milk light

DeltaSkyWolf
09-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Muscle milk light

+1.

100 cals, 15g Protein :)

obesebeast
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I dont see these flavors on their website ?

I buy from bodybuilding.com's online store, you can get like 10+ free samples and 10% off every order you make as well....awesome place to buy your protein

if you guys don't use slickdeals already, check it out, I'll see whey specials from time to time up there, yesterday there was a link to n u t r a p l a n e t dot com which now has All the Whey blended protein, 5lbs for $25...I picked up 5lbs of the caramel....sounds awesome. Also, be sure to bookmark, wheycheap.com and whey2buy.com, both have daily specials, sometimes protein, sometimes creatine, sometimes garbage....I've seen a few good deals from time to time, especially on casein. Picked up 4lbs of banana casein 2 months ago for $30.

do work!

cyclistgod
09-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I buy Body Fortress Whey Protein Powders at Wal-Mart, because i think that the Body Fortress Whey Proteins of Wal Mart are pretty good and one of the lowests in the market. Optimum Nutrition whey proteins are getting too expensive, and the Body Fortress are almost the same quality of Optimum Nutritions.

I get 5lbs. of Whey Protein Body Fortress protein for 32 dollars around here. While the same quantity of Optimum Nutrition whey proteins run around 45 dollars per 5 lbs.

cyclistgod

gorilla

kyo_clone
09-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Isnt all that cholestrole bad...? Or is it normal...Cause my dad has high cholestrole n he is very healthy ...i dun wanna have the same problem wen i get older....or now....How much should a protein shake have....

Negativecreep0
09-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm a fan of Dymatize elite protein...........105 cals a scoop 2 scoops = 44 g protein at 210 cals good ****

th3pwn3r
09-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm a fan of Dymatize elite protein...........105 cals a scoop 2 scoops = 44 g protein at 210 cals good ****

Ya know...I was trying to let the 8 year old thread die again but you had to mention Dymatize Protein, that stuff is amazing. Best tasting and best whey protein that you'll get for your money. I paid less than $60.00 to have 10 pounds shipped to my door. I get the Elite whey which is 117 calories per scoop and packs 24 grams of protein. I'm not sure which one you're taking that has what you've posted above.

homerj742
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Protein Factory 10lb bag 39.99 + sh. good deal.

Deadikated
09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
MGN is pretty good and only has 100 cal a serving. I found Myofusion in any flavor to have a much better taste than MGN and is a lot thicker, but at 160 cal a serving. It also has egg and casein in it too.

sbbc
09-04-2009, 03:03 PM
dymatize chocolate mint... nom nom.. er.. glug glug..

dlbrown06
11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
gorilla

Your in luck! Nearly any whey will work. Just look for a high protein vs calorie content. Optimum nutritions gold standard or BSNs Syntha 6 would work fine. Whey is a perfect supplement for people building mass or cutting.

ar2112
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Optimum nutrition works for me

cleo26
11-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Right now i use optimum whey and casein for my protein needs

jvmustang09
03-11-2010, 04:31 PM
I've been through Body Fortress products, hate them compared to Optimum.
Optimum 4 life baby! They make a good multi-vitamin too.

kidwitbigchest
03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
MGN isolate whey 10lbs $60

TimJM2
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
optimum is pretty good

i also like gapsari myofusion

kidwitbigchest
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM

no fat 104 calories per scoop
24g per scoop...

ddesmondad
05-28-2010, 10:48 AM
i'm sorry for bringing this old thread up again, but i found this thread on google. which whey protein do you think is the most suitable for cutting? dymatize elite, nutrabolics isobolic or gaspari myofusion?
thx

19Delta4Lyfe
12-29-2010, 08:24 PM
gorilla

for protein i take dynatize elite, good carbs about 130 calories! i use the mocha flavor. for fat burner i use hemodrene, it works nice has AMAZING energy and doesnt make you dizzy and give nausea. good product makes you sweat easy but helps me run longer some how!

19Delta4Lyfe
12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Optimum nutrition works for me

the only difference between dynamize elite and optanum 100% whey is dynatize is better on carbs and calories.

zummo91
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
i like to use on... i think anyone is crazy to say they suck... If u use it right its going to work great for u..

lee__d
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
the best tasting & most cost efficient. i like mgn.

adamrochester
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
does not matter dude as long as you hit your macros !

get what ever you think taste best !

or whats cheapest!

or even beter have whole foods !

i personaly use dymatize elite whey 10lb choc cheap and taste good with everything

Bo DeLone
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
There are a lot of solid protein powders out there.

Right now I am using Muscle Pharm Combat and Optimum Casein.

MGN (mentioned earlier) is also top quality protein.

aussieangie
01-13-2011, 08:28 PM
high protein, low carb whey protein isolate.
I use isoflex.

Cloudstryfe
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Scivation whey is pretty badass

dchae85
04-22-2013, 09:38 AM

This is an old thread I'm bringing back, but I'm trying to cut right now and wondering what I should use. I have Dymatize Elite Gourmet protein, ON 100% Whey, and something that I got for sale, which I'll mention once I go home. I'm wondering where you can find 10 lbs of the MGN isolate whey for $60, because it looks good with a low calorie/high protein ratio. I think I might switch it off with the Dymatize and ON because the Dymatize seems like a good mix of BCAAs and protein blend and the ON is a pretty popular/natural choice for anything.

Anyone have any good recommendations from their own experiences on what worked well during your cutting?

csb5731
04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
This is an old thread I'm bringing back, but I'm trying to cut right now and wondering what I should use. I have Dymatize Elite Gourmet protein, ON 100% Whey, and something that I got for sale, which I'll mention once I go home. I'm wondering where you can find 10 lbs of the MGN isolate whey for $60, because it looks good with a low calorie/high protein ratio. I think I might switch it off with the Dymatize and ON because the Dymatize seems like a good mix of BCAAs and protein blend and the ON is a pretty popular/natural choice for anything.

Anyone have any good recommendations from their own experiences on what worked well during your cutting?

I don't think you will find whey priced today as what it was 3 years ago. Also, I don't think you'll find anybody who can honestly associate a successful cut with any particular brand/formulation of whey (and I've cut many a time without any whey).

I mean, if you really want a whey that doesn't have much tag-along fats/carbs, get an isolate. If you can fit something less pure into your macros, then get a concentrate or a blend.

dchae85
04-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't think you will find whey priced today as what it was 3 years ago. Also, I don't think you'll find anybody who can honestly associate a successful cut with any particular brand/formulation of whey (and I've cut many a time without any whey).

I mean, if you really want a whey that doesn't have much tag-along fats/carbs, get an isolate. If you can fit something less pure into your macros, then get a concentrate or a blend.

Thanks for the good reply. I think I'll just finish what I have and then try to find a good quality isolate at the lowest price possible and supplement that with animal pak and possibly with a BCAA powder.