PDA

View Full Version : what's your favorite football drill?

demetriusvillegas
07-07-2010, 04:42 PM
i personally say mine is oklahoma's two people lay on their back, one with the ball in hand the whistle is blown they both roll over and the defender hits the guy with the ball.

yours??

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 04:48 PM
That's not an Oklahoma drill, this is.

cBKNQZcUG_I

And it's definitely my favorite. Sometimes we used to do it with 1 RB and 3 OL vs 2 DL and 1 LB.

The_Source
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
And it's definitely my favorite. Sometimes we used to do it with 1 RB, 3 OL, 2 DL, and 1 LB.

yeah same. loved Oklahomas. You'd be tired as ****, but it felt so good to knock an OL 60 pounds heavier than you on his ass, and getting that tackle lol.

cbad7676
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
the best i did was when the O-lineman was leaning forward way too much. so when the drill started i just swam over him and bucked the running back about a second after he got the ball.

felt great man

BMatt
07-07-2010, 05:37 PM
That's not an Oklahoma drill, this is.

cBKNQZcUG_I

And it's definitely my favorite. Sometimes we used to do it with 1 RB and 3 OL vs 2 DL and 1 LB.

How come all these players are hopping around like monkeys after every snap.

Do they know its practice? What a joke. Give the people in the drill some damn space.

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
How come all these players are hopping around like monkeys after every snap.

Do they know its practice? What a joke. Give the people in the drill some damn space.

^^^Has never played football^^^

dirtdickens
07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
playing biscuit in the shower room after practice.........................

BMatt
07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
^^^Has never played football^^^

Actually I did.. I played all throughout middle school, and high school.

Our practices were actually organized however, and if we tried that **** we would be running wind sprints. The damn coaches have to break up the entire team after every snap.

The_Source
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
^^^Has never played football with black people^^^

fixed (no racist) lol

Erik2806
07-07-2010, 06:35 PM
anyone else here play college ball?

IraHays
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
I played Sam. I always enjoyed the 7 on 7 full contact drill. (for some reason I forget the name..)

bigcc
07-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Oklahoma drill was fun but I played MLB so I got to start the drill a few yards back from regular defensive position, often times I'd say "**** the ball carrier" and just blast the hell out of the lineman right after the whistle was blown lulz

EDIT: And yes I realize small for a LB (I was even 10 lbs lighter when I played), but we had a lot of size but not much speed so we ran a 5-2...... was not as fun as it could have been I wish I had played safety

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
anyone else here play college ball?

Played for a short time. Not nearly as many super-hard hitting drills just because injuries are so much more likely when you have guys twice the size and speed as normal high school players. A lot of days, even in spring, weren't even full contact (shoulder pads and shorts). If you didn't know how to hit anyways you wouldn't have been recruited.

jump_man23
07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I played Sam. I always enjoyed the 7 on 7 full contact drill. (for some reason I forget the name..)

what the hell is the point of full contanct 7 v 7, to hurt your recievers???

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 07:16 PM

lol this, I couldn't imagine seeing receivers just running route after route across the middle. As a LB you would know it's a pass so you wouldn't even have to take an initial step forward, you'd just be looking for blood.

bigcc
07-07-2010, 07:33 PM

brb takin heads off

Mac_xX
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm a DB, skelly is the best part of practise.

quietstormx1
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
used to do one where the team would make a big circle around 1 player. the player in the middle would have to be on a constant swivel, have his feet chopping, looking around constantly and paying attention.

coach would call out a number of a player in the circle, and that player would charge the person in the middle.

obviously if the guys back is turned you wait for him to turn around.

it was good because it taught you to A) take a hit B) be ready for anything, at any time, from any direction

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 08:04 PM
used to do one where the team would make a big circle around 1 player. the player in the middle would have to be on a constant swivel, have his feet chopping, looking around constantly and paying attention.

coach would call out a number of a player in the circle, and that player would charge the person in the middle.

it was good because it taught you to A) take a hit B) be ready for anything, at any time, from any direction

Bull in the Ring... fun stuff

bigcc
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM

when we did it you didn't have to wait for him to turn around, you could just earhole him lol

squirrell751
07-07-2010, 08:38 PM

missed those days. atleast our coach would tell you to turn one way or another then call out a name it was still a suprise because even though you were facing the half circle of guys it could be anyone of them

Mac_xX
07-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Never was a fan of this drill, saw so many guys get stupid injuries in it.

The_Source
07-07-2010, 09:42 PM

hell yeah loved this one too. Me and my coach were real chill and I was one of the stronger guys on the team, so whenever he was pissed at someone on the team, he'd call them out on me a lot more than others lol

gta95
07-07-2010, 10:20 PM
One on one pass rushing. DE ftw.

thebestrbevr21
07-07-2010, 10:26 PM
from high school: F&G's aka Fun and Games haha (yes corny) but yea its pick a whole but
closer contact= more/better hits

----Off----
[]---[]---[]
[]---[]---[]
[]--------[]
[]--------[]
----Def----

I play college football and the white boys get just as hype, if not more, than we do in practice drills.

God Gifted
07-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Our coach sucked but one day at practice he made the whole secondary rotate to being rb and CB and the CB was supposed to come up and wrap up. As the RB you get a pitch from the QB and try to make a move on the CB.

I was the RB and I ****ing leveled this sophmore right on his back as he tried to make the hit. His whole grill was bleeding n **** lulz.

deeezyyy
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
one on ones wit cornerbacks, trucked this lil freshman kid, he got up like WTF MAN WUTS UR PROBLEM. Lol gud times

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 11:15 PM

F*ck yea dude, played that in HS and should have in college (switched to OLB). Soooo f*cking fun. Push, Pull, Rip!!!

PatrickBateman1
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
one on ones wit cornerbacks, trucked this lil freshman kid, he got up like WTF MAN WUTS UR PROBLEM. Lol gud times

Congrats on trucking a kid that had probably just started puberty. lmao.

Erik2806
07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Played for a short time. Not nearly as many super-hard hitting drills just because injuries are so much more likely when you have guys twice the size and speed as normal high school players. A lot of days, even in spring, weren't even full contact (shoulder pads and shorts). If you didn't know how to hit anyways you wouldn't have been recruited.

ya i feel that..in highschool it seemed like it was all about building toughness with the hitting drills in stuff. i remember doing a gauntlet drill where there was a ball carrier, and they had to run 10 yards into a tackler, and then repeat this with 3 more guys. college ball is definitely more lax with the hittiing in practice. our coaches flip sh*t if we take someone to the ground instead of just wrapping them up

The_Source
07-07-2010, 11:24 PM

played mostly OLB, but played a lot of snaps at DE cause I wasn't too great at pass coverage lol

cbad7676
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM

makes me think of the scene from the program. cant find clip

bigcc
07-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Lol I was playing receiver once and caught a screen, a freshman CB tried to tackle me as I was running upfield and I stiffarmed him to the point he was lifted off his feet.

For the rest of the season we called him "pez" like the pez dispenser lmao, he ended up not joining the team the next year

IraHays
07-08-2010, 05:48 AM

lulz.

No receivers. It was basically interior offense/defense. All runs. Brutal/fun.

dirtdickens
07-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Hoot and Holler at Ohio State.

Its kinda like Oklahoma, but its like 3 on 3, 4 on 4, pretty much however Tressel wants it. Even the kickers do it.

Its basically set up for a huge fight to start and every year it does. Saw Malcolm Jenkins punch out Alex Boone and Boone didnt do anything to retaliate(What a bitch). Saw AJ Hawk take his helmet off and crack Rory Nichols in the face with it. Dude it was the hardest ish I have ever seen. Fukcin Kickers and Punters scrappin against WRs and ish.

Damn I miss those days.

demetriusvillegas
07-14-2010, 11:45 AM
you guys ever do the west point drill?

we learned it at football camp last year

looks like this

l FS l
l WR l
l LB l
l RB l
l DL l
l OL l