PDA

View Full Version : My respect for KD has increased 1000%

Lloyd Braun
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Dude is the anti-LeBron.

This guy has all the talent in the world could become the best player in the league in the next few years, told everybody he doesn't care about playing in a big market and now he's backing it up.

He didn't even give himself the option to opt out of his contract. Totally commited to playing in Oklahoma City.

Kid is awesome.

5-O
07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Kid is awesome.

Good one.

Krunk Fu
07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Kevin Durantula is a cool dude.

MiscMessiah
07-07-2010, 03:30 PM
it takes a lot of courage to play in those disgusting uniforms

USAviator
07-07-2010, 03:32 PM
yeah I really respect the man. He is doing everything right.

BNR
07-07-2010, 03:32 PM
durant>james

BBGAMBINI31
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
anti-lebron? he chokes in the postseason too.. 35% lmao

elpermic
07-07-2010, 03:36 PM
lebron james is a fukn diva

Christopher J
07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
lebron james is a fukn diva

this is new

Lloyd Braun
07-07-2010, 03:38 PM

Anti-LeBron in the sense that he announced an extension on Twitter, didn't flirt with every city in the world and didn't schedule an hour-long ESPN special to announce his decision.

And the dude has played in one playoff series so far. That's not exactly a strong sample size to label the guy a choker.

BRB being the youngest guy to lead the league in scoring.

ThatGuy950
07-07-2010, 03:39 PM

brb only 21 years old
brb first trip to the post-season on an extremely young team

Durant will be a winner in the NBA, he's just getting warmed up.

cshugair23
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Durantula is the beez neez

Kupid
07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree, I love his committment and hope OKC does even better this year!

Da_tulipe
07-07-2010, 03:42 PM
i respect KD for that also.. but look at Barry Sanders, played all his life in Detroit and never won the title or even been close to.. dont know kinda sucks.

its50
07-07-2010, 03:42 PM
He will be a better play than Lebrick when it's all said and done. Book it.

It's already evident.

Tes45
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
That team is poised to take over the West in 2-3 years or so once the Lakers are done, their players start to hit their primes, and they add another piece or two.

Ton of fun to watch play too.

Vexed757
07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
The Thunder could have gone deep in the playoffs if they didn't get matched up with the Lakers in the 1st round. Can't really blame Durant for "choking", first playoff series and having Ron Artest smother you every second of the game?

Expect big things from the Thunder as they mature and get older.

Resinate
07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Tyreke Evans>Durant

Ok I'm halfway joking....but right now Durant is just a really good scorer, nothing else.

Durant = Melo

Evans = Lebron

Bobbinsk
07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Agreed i was stoked when i heard this. was also very impressed with melo signed the 3 year extension, i thought melo would love the free agency bullsh!t

BrawnySwoleman
07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I really like the Thunder, I think they'll win a few titles in the mid 10's.

BBGAMBINI31
07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
brb excuses

46% vs la in the regular season, 35% choking in the postseason

milkshow11
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I really like this guy.

anonymous123
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
uh, LBJ played for Cleveland for 7 years and will probably re-sign. And he was a WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger prospect than KD.

And on top of that, KD actually has a supporting cast. LBJ never really did. I mean, I like KD and all but come on....

sabonis224
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
inb4 he demands a trade 2-3 seasons from now

USAviator
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Tyreke Evans>Durant

Ok I'm halfway joking....but right now Durant is just a really good scorer, nothing else.

Durant = Melo

Evans = Lebron

this post requires moar

lolwutermelon.jpg

NoobThumper
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Even LeBron kept with his team and extended after his rookie contract is up.

If Durant and the Thunder don't get much accomplished in the next few years, don't think he won't wanna find a way out of town just the same.

logical281
07-07-2010, 05:08 PM
he's hard not to like

feardafronfz3
07-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I really like the Thunder, I think they'll win a few titles in the mid 10's.

just quoting because that's really weird to think about-"the mid 10s". doesnt have the same ring to it like, "jordan dominated the NBA in the 90s, Durant will dominate in the 10s"

ChillNoWork
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I absolutely love Durant.

I'm a huge Kobe fan, and once Kobe's done, I'm counting on Durant to provide great competition against Lebron. He'll probably be the best player in the league in 3-4 years.

He's also very humble.

DURANTULA (NO BANDWAGON)!

BrawnySwoleman
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
just quoting because that's really weird to think about-"the mid 10s". doesnt have the same ring to it like, "jordan dominated the NBA in the 90s, Durant will dominate in the 10s"

lol I know, I felt weird writing it

In Bill Simmons' book of Basketball he actually calls the 2000's the "Double Zeros."

FryDude
07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Tyreke Evans>Durant

Durant = Melo

Evans = Lebron

Durant does more than score...

Kupid
07-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Durant does more than score...

O'rly?

jumpman023
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
uh, LBJ played for Cleveland for 7 years and will probably re-sign. And he was a WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger prospect than KD.

And on top of that, KD actually has a supporting cast. LBJ never really did. I mean, I like KD and all but come on....

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/andyrgee/tomcruiselaugh.gif

anonymous123
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/andyrgee/tomcruiselaugh.gif

Mo Williams was his number 2

nuff said

DJS2
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Mo Williams was his number 2

nuff said

he had enough of a supporting cast to win 60+ games in the regular season when everyone was talking **** though? :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy Floyd
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
he had enough of a supporting cast to win 60+ games in the regular season when everyone was talking **** though? :rolleyes:

some teams roll during the reg season, look at the Suns all those years.

but when the playoffs come, you need proven superstars, Mo Williams and Jamison are known playoff bums

xzp
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM

This.

Durant's supporting cast was a rookie and a 2nd year pg.

Plus..err..who? Nenad Kristic?Jeff Green? Come on brahs.

BBGAMBINI31
07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
the best player for the thunder this postseason was westbrook

anonymous123
07-07-2010, 05:57 PM

this

supporting cast doesn't just mean good during the regular season. I consider clutch playing and being able to play well in the playoffs. Mo Williams and the Cavs didn't have that. That =/= a good supporting cast. Westbrook however was ridiculous during the postseason.

InsanePain11
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM

True that. Westbrook and Durant ftmfw!!!

Mj23foreva
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
some teams roll during the reg season, look at the Suns all those years.

but when the playoffs come, you need proven superstars, Mo Williams and Jamison are known playoff bums

so youre saying Lebrons teammates were all regular season players and couldnt step up in the playoffs...its not Lebrons fault at all, I mean he showed up every game right?

FryDude
07-07-2010, 06:35 PM
O'rly?

Yes really. Saying Jamal Crawford only scores is an accurate statement, saying KD only scores is more along the lines of wrong.

He's an average rebounding forward for his position, capable defender and formidable play maker imo.

evilsteve02
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Dude is the anti-LeBron.

This guy has all the talent in the world could become the best player in the league in the next few years, told everybody he doesn't care about playing in a big market and now he's backing it up.

He didn't even give himself the option to opt out of his contract. Totally commited to playing in Oklahoma City.

Kid is awesome.

oh he is awesome, he will break every scoring record by age that LeBron ever set. His problem is he doesn't have a supporting cast yet. He is like Carmelo...he's a great scorer and players but he doesnt have the "it" factor.

lacey23
07-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I like Durant a lot.

But you are comparing apples to oranges. The 2 situations arn't even remotly similar.

In the NBA players coming of their rookie contracts that become free agents are restricted. So Durant couldn;t have left even if he wanted to. There's no use in checking with other teams, or talking about big markets when you have zero options and are stuck with one team.

He could've signed 3 years to become a free agent sooner instead of the 5 years. But he signed the 5 year deal because he wants to cash in before the new CBA is made which will reduce how much players can make.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-07-2010, 07:45 PM
But he signed the 5 year deal because he wants to cash in before the new CBA is made which will reduce how much players can make.

nice brah. was hoping somebody would actually realize the real reason he signed the extension.

I know KD is every Lebron hater's wet-dream, but this was 100% a business decision, so let's everybody calm down with the warm and fuzzies. he locked himself in for big money before it's too late.

TimDF
07-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Durant is the most stand up guy in the NBA. I have more respect for him than anyone else in the game today.

atao16
07-07-2010, 07:58 PM
cant wait for KD to get put on some muscle and become a beast

Fastforward7
07-07-2010, 08:09 PM

60+ wins. Twice. You know how I know you're a fool?

Lloyd Braun
07-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I know KD is every Lebron hater's wet-dream, but this was 100% a business decision, so let's everybody calm down with the warm and fuzzies. he locked himself in for big money before it's too late.

According to some big-city pimps star NBA players can make up the difference in endorsements deals in bigger markets.

Wasn't aware that guys coming off rookie contracts could not become UFA though. Learn something new everyday.

The CBA thing is huge though. All these players seem to be nearly freaking out about it.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-07-2010, 08:20 PM
60+ wins. Twice. You know how I know you're a fool?

60+ wins with those teammates says more about Lebron's talent than any stat sheet ever will.

gotta lol at those who think the Cavs won 60+ back to back because his supporting cast was ever anything more than completely average.

Lloyd Braun
07-07-2010, 08:20 PM
BTW, always thought Lacey23 was the best hoops poster in this section.

Dude should post here more often.

3000RT
07-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I believe he just signed a 5 year contract with OKC.

CobyWan
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
That team is poised to take over the West in 2-3 years or so once the Lakers are done, their players start to hit their primes, and they add another piece or two.

Ton of fun to watch play too.

They have been saying the same thing about the Blazers. I have my fingers crossed but you never know with injuries.

Tyreke Evans>Durant

Durant = Melo

Evans = Lebron

No.

I think Durant is already more mature than Melo even though he's younger. First off just look at the chemistry with his teammates. You can tell they genuinely get along unlike Melo.

FlexGunmetal
07-07-2010, 08:27 PM
They have been saying the same thing about the Blazers. I have my fingers crossed but you never know with injuries.

No.

I think Durant is already more mature than Melo even though he's younger. First off just look at the chemistry with his teammates. You can tell they genuinely get along unlike Melo.

Tell me someone not named AI or JR that doesn't get along with Melo.

edit: KD is a beast. My fav. player in the west not on the nuggs. Great attitude.

CobyWan
07-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Tell me someone not named AI or JR that doesn't get along with Melo.

George Karl and Larry Brown.

Erik2806
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM

do u even watch basketball? lol...cuz almost 7.6 rebounds a game for a small forward just sucks? he had 19 rebounds against the lakers in a postseason game this year

cant wait for KD to get put on some muscle and become a beast

this. i heard he could only rep 135 at texas once..not sure how much truth there is in that though. if he puts a little weight on, hed be down right scary good

kooldude
07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Durant is one of my fav players.

But the reason he signed with Thunders is bc he's a humble and shy dude. He doesn't want the attention bc he can't really handle it. He just likes basketball.

BBGAMBINI31
07-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I like Durant a lot.

But you are comparing apples to oranges. The 2 situations arn't even remotly similar.

In the NBA players coming of their rookie contracts that become free agents are restricted. So Durant couldn;t have left even if he wanted to. There's no use in checking with other teams, or talking about big markets when you have zero options and are stuck with one team.

He could've signed 3 years to become a free agent sooner instead of the 5 years. But he signed the 5 year deal because he wants to cash in before the new CBA is made which will reduce how much players can make.

Stop bringing logic into this thread

If you're a fan of basketball, and you didn't know this info you need to GTFO

OTG
07-07-2010, 09:00 PM
That's how he's always been. Dude's a shy guy, saw him on the campus all the time. Saw him riding the same campus bus at me dude was sitting all the way back alone keeping a low profile. Some hot bish recognized him, asked him if he was KD he softly said yeah and bish started to take pics with him.

At the same time you'd see bum ass football players and they'd be trying to holla every girl on their path.

ilikebeer
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
well him and his team are about to be beastly the next few years for sure.

thegenerel
07-07-2010, 09:20 PM
it takes a lot of courage to play in those disgusting uniforms

it takes a lot of courage to crawl of the teen misc

Walzber
07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
stand up guy for sure, I really like his game

Fastforward7
07-07-2010, 10:10 PM
60+ wins with those teammates says more about Lebron's talent than any stat sheet ever will.

gotta lol at those who think the Cavs won 60+ back to back because his supporting cast was ever anything more than completely average.

Great. Then the playoff chokes are Lebron's chokes. Can't have it both ways. Take your pick.

JBDW
07-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I like Durant a lot.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

And it's a perfect business decision on Durant's part, but I genuinely believe he loves OKC and wants to stay with his teammates. He's one of the athletes I most respect, and is easily my favorite non-Laker NBA player.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Great. Then the playoff chokes are Lebron's chokes. Can't have it both ways. Take your pick.

facepalm

or it could be that you don't play the same 1 to 4 teams from the playoffs all 82 games over and over during the season, and unlike the regular season, the team that can make the most efficient adjustments usually wins in the playoffs. strong mike brown.

in after everyone congratulates mike brown for winning coach of the year by telling him he should give the award to lebron, but mike brown isn't responsible for being outcoached every single playoff series of his life. it's lebron's fault.

lebron haters are some funny folk. brb drowning in da nile.

wish4aswish
07-07-2010, 11:56 PM

i dont get it, why does everyone say lebron doesnt have a supporting cast? look at his team!?!?!?1 Shaq- hall of famer, mo- allstar, jamison- allstar, anthony parker- amazing 3 point shooter, ilgauskas- decent center, hickson- underrated, and varejao is decent too

Daewoo_Lanos
07-08-2010, 12:02 AM
i dont get it, why does everyone say lebron doesnt have a supporting cast? look at his team!?!?!?1 Shaq- hall of famer, mo- allstar, jamison- allstar, anthony parker- amazing 3 point shooter, ilgauskas- decent center, hickson- underrated, and varejao is decent too

jamison isn't as good anymore as his stats with the wizards would indicate. and if he is, he failed to show up in cleveland.

shaq - old, avg center in spurts

mo - all-star one time only because the real all-star couldnt play that day... and he was the 2ND alternate all-star picked for that team. strong all-star selection.

varejao is the 2nd most important player on the cavs.

lol'd at the rest.

cavs supporting cast the last 2 seasons has been completely average. their coach imploded in the playoffs and got outcoached by everyone. the end.

and when they seemed to have things going in the right direction, delonte had to go smash the homie's mama.

anyway, KD... 17+ million a year to try to bring some glory to the tumbleweeds. good luck brah (srs).

SgSpartan
07-08-2010, 12:04 AM
And on top of that, KD actually has a supporting cast. LBJ never really did.

One man can account for 60+ wins back-to-back...I concur, brah.

Fastforward7
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
facepalm

or it could be that you don't play the same 1 to 4 teams from the playoffs all 82 games over and over during the season, and unlike the regular season, the team that can make the most efficient adjustments usually wins in the playoffs. strong mike brown.

in after everyone congratulates mike brown for winning coach of the year by telling him he should give the award to lebron, but mike brown isn't responsible for being outcoached every single playoff series of his life. it's lebron's fault.

lebron haters are some funny folk. brb drowning in da nile.

So to sum up your position Lebron can claim sole credit for Cleveland's wins and bears zero responsibility for their losses? Gotcha.

Myopia truly is amazing.

FlexGunmetal
07-08-2010, 09:17 AM
George Karl and Larry Brown.
Everyone who was decent hated Larry Brown. And ya sitting your scoring leader in the Olympics could piss him off. Find me a good player Brown got along with.
And I'm sure GK and Melo get along great and have for the past few years.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-08-2010, 09:17 AM
So to sum up your position

lol'd. fail

strong lack of comprehension on all levels