PDA

View Full Version : Knicks fans, how much will you hate LeBron if he stays a Cav

Los_Diablo
07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Especially after some in the media have made it seem that it was a guarantee these last couple years?

LastChanceToWin
07-06-2010, 11:32 PM
I can guarantee you that Lebron James will go to the Knicks.

Los_Diablo
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM

How confident.

Like never posting in this section again confident?

Mind you I don't give a **** where he goes.

MA5Bergey
07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I won't.

I want to see him in NY, sure, but it's always a good thing for a city to have a lasting icon. I always like it when iconic players resign with their teams rather than forgoing loyalty and signing all over the place. Kind of the reason why I have more respect for Kobe than I do for Shaq.

sups31
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM

This.

Next thread.

dragicSR
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
i will root against him for the rest of his career. he strung new york saying he loved new york for 3 years. bitch better sign. (serious) ill even root for kobe when he plays against the cavs if such happens but cavs suck anyway

Pretty Boy Floyd
07-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I wouldnt hate him. You cant hate anyone for something like that.

I think Cavs fans will most likely boo if he leaves

InsanePain11
07-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't think the Knicks gave themselves a chance. They just needed to put together a decent roster for him to play with. Their cupboard is pretty bare, even with Amare on board.

Krunk Fu
07-07-2010, 01:04 AM
He has no loyalty to NY. He said he loved the city, but I'm sure LeBron loves many cities. To get mad at someone for not signing with them is ridiculous.

Krunk Fu
07-07-2010, 01:05 AM
i will root against him for the rest of his career. he strung new york saying he loved new york for 3 years. bitch better sign. (serious) ill even root for kobe when he plays against the cavs if such happens but cavs suck anyway

Cavs > Knicks.

Your roster is horrible.

SgSpartan
07-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Well, it depends on how Spike Lee reacts.

mchoodie
07-07-2010, 05:55 AM
I wouldnt hate him. You cant hate anyone for something like that.

I think Cavs fans will most likely boo if he leaves

The only city that can really be mad if LeBron signs elsewhere is Cleveland. It's where he is from, it's the team that drafted him, yadda yadda.

_Translucency
07-07-2010, 06:35 AM

He hasn't strung anyone much less an entire city. He said he loved the city, which he obviously does, but has never said he would play there.

And to truly believe the Cavaliers "suck" is foolish - at this point, they have far more to offer LeBron then the Knicks do.

Los_Diablo
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
If LeBron had signed with the Heat without the ESPN special, I probably would be far less angry, but the way he went about his business was immature, thoughtless and arrogant. These were people that had paid his salary and made him into this Messianic figure. His leaving wasn't going to sit well with those fans regardless, but had he just signed a contract behind closed doors and then held a presser where he explained that "Hey Cleveland, thanks for the years of support. I'm going to move on because the front office failed me/I made a pact to play with my best friends and Miami was the only place I could do it/whatever", I myself would have respected him for it.

The truth is, the act of taking a paycut to win a title is noble.

The truth is, LeBron James is still probably the best player on that team.

The truth is, Miami is still a favorite to win that division and is still a team that has a great chance to win a title (although as they're constructed now, a grizzled, hard PF would eat Bosh alive and any team with a decent PG could be a nightmare for them).

But the truth is, he handled the situation with such clumsiness, ignorance and downright unprofessionalism that it's hard to want to find any objective positives in this deal for him or for the Heat. He punched Cleveland (the fans, not Dan Gilbert or the Cavs organization... I feel no sympathy for greedy owners and clueless GMs) square in the collective testes. So yeah, I was probably way, way, way tougher on him than I objectively should have, but I'm not a journalist. I'm a message board poster. And I'll still never root for him again as long as I watch the NBA.

Still though, the idiot Knicks fans who crowded outside Carmelo Anthony's wedding just to boo him? **** them. Hard. In the ass. They need to get a life. Oh, boo hoo, LeBron didn't choose New York. You're not entitled. You don't get to feel the same way Cavs fans do. And whether they were Knicks or Cavs fans... you don't **** with a guy's wedding, especially a guy who had nothing to do with the whole ordeal at all.

strasburgnohit
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
If LeBron had signed with the Heat without the ESPN special, I probably would be far less angry, but the way he went about his business was immature, thoughtless and arrogant. These were people that had paid his salary and made him into this Messianic figure. His leaving wasn't going to sit well with those fans regardless, but had he just signed a contract behind closed doors and then held a presser where he explained that "Hey Cleveland, thanks for the years of support. I'm going to move on because the front office failed me/I made a pact to play with my best friends and Miami was the only place I could do it/whatever", I myself would have respected him for it.

The truth is, the act of taking a paycut to win a title is noble.

The truth is, LeBron James is still probably the best player on that team.

The truth is, Miami is still a favorite to win that division and is still a team that has a great chance to win a title (although as they're constructed now, a grizzled, hard PF would eat Bosh alive and any team with a decent PG could be a nightmare for them).

But the truth is, he handled the situation with such clumsiness, ignorance and downright unprofessionalism that it's hard to want to find any objective positives in this deal for him or for the Heat. He punched Cleveland (the fans, not Dan Gilbert or the Cavs organization... I feel no sympathy for greedy owners and clueless GMs) square in the collective testes. So yeah, I was probably way, way, way tougher on him than I objectively should have, but I'm not a journalist. I'm a message board poster. And I'll still never root for him again as long as I watch the NBA.

Still though, the idiot Knicks fans who crowded outside Carmelo Anthony's wedding just to boo him? **** them. Hard. In the ass. They need to get a life. Oh, boo hoo, LeBron didn't choose New York. You're not entitled. You don't get to feel the same way Cavs fans do. And whether they were Knicks or Cavs fans... you don't **** with a guy's wedding, especially a guy who had nothing to do with the whole ordeal at all.

carmelo is coming to new york anyway

**** lebrick