PDA

View Full Version : LMAO at the Knicks....

evilsteve02
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
wow, how ****ed are you.... you let david lee go and signed a guy who doesnt' play D or rebound and scores pretty much the same amount of points a game (only becuase he had Steve Nash)....nice move Knicks, you continue to be the most dysfuncional franchise in the nba right now....

Scatdude1999
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Seems like you dont know much about basketball buddy, Amare is better than lee

GetBigyo
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
OP pls go...

kennylo
07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
wow, how ****ed are you.... you let david lee go and signed a guy who doesnt' play D or rebound and scores pretty much the same amount of points a game (only becuase he had Steve Nash)....nice move Knicks, you continue to be the most dysfuncional franchise in the nba right now....

Needed to change something

MA5Bergey
07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
lol @ you acting like it's a big surprise that the Knicks are a terrible organization and that it hasn't been that way for years (yes Knicks fan)

dragicSR
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
david lee is worthless

God Gifted
07-06-2010, 01:48 PM

David Lee has the worst defense of a big man in the league. He has no D whatsoever. Amares D although bad is much better than Lees.

Otaman
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM
David Lee has the worst defense of a big man in the league. He has no D whatsoever. Amares D although bad is much better than Lees.

he gets the boards, he's healthy, he gets 20/game with no good point guard and most importantly

he makes $7 million a year next to stoudamire's $20 million

Money Shot
07-06-2010, 01:57 PM
as a Knicks fan, I don't like this move. I would have loved for them to have gotten Amare but not for the max. He is an upgrade over david lee but they are not a playoff team right now. I would have rather they just saved their money and waited for 2011. I understand the strategy behind getting him though since it would make the knicks a more attractive destination. However, lebron james, dwayne wade, and chris bosh have no chance of coming to the knicks at this point

BeanieWells
07-06-2010, 02:02 PM

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7749/hrcwzr.gif

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I to laugh at the Knicks, they over pay Amare and I think they will not land another big name. He will be pissed when his team sucks and demand a trade within two years.

thecreed
07-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I would've kept lee over amare since Lee will probably make half as much. but i understand their need to make moves to appease the fans. They gave up a ton to clear this cap space over the past few years. They need to justify it. If Amare is able to attract a true max player, it's worth it.

marcus142
07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I would've kept lee over amare since Lee will probably make half as much. but i understand their need to make moves to appease the fans. They gave up a ton to clear this cap space over the past few years. They need to justify it. If Amare is able to attract a true max player, it's worth it.

lee will make in the 10-12 million range..for the pay difference it is not worth it amare is a top 5 big man. it is more enticing for lebron/wade to come to NY when they see amare than lee. (which i dont believe either will come to NY still). lee is a good 3rd option on a great team but amare is a legit two option on a great team. (which he will be if they strike gold with lebron or wade).

two of clevland,chicago,nets,clippers,knicks, and heat were going to get shut out of the big free agency sweep stakes this year and it wont be the knicks with this signing.

it also shows they are serious about signing somebody else and in all honestly they have nothing to lose at this point.

T2TL
07-06-2010, 02:40 PM

I think it's this more than anything. Amare is a solid player, but it's hard to justify paying him all that money compared to Lee. A lot has to do with the fans though. Amare will sell tickets, people who haven't gone to Knicks games in years will be going. He deserves a decent contract, but no chance he deserves max. Also by getting Amare you hope to attract another big FA this year or next. If they didn't make a move this year I would have been furious. While Amare for max isn't the best move, I will gladly be rooting for the Knicks this year. Should be interesting

evilsteve02
07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Seems like you dont know much about basketball buddy, Amare is better than lee

no...numbers are pretty darn close...actually lean towards Lee in most cases...plus lee never had Steve nash...maybe u need to watch a few more games yourself....

Money Shot
07-06-2010, 02:51 PM

that is a no brainer. However let's be reality, and I am the biggest knicks fan in NY, but they are not getting bron, wade, or even bosh right now. I am just praying they don't overpay for some scrub like miker miller or somebody else similar and either wait until next year or try to make a big trade for a star player now or before the trade deadline. My dream is chris paul but i doubt the hornets would trade him. Honestly they should make a play for Darren Collison IMO

T2TL
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
that is a no brainer. However let's be reality, and I am the biggest knicks fan in NY, but they are not getting bron, wade, or even bosh right now. I am just praying they don't overpay for some scrub like miker miller or somebody else similar and either wait until next year or try to make a big trade for a star player now or before the trade deadline. My dream is chris paul but i doubt the hornets would trade him. Honestly they should make a play for Darren Collison IMO

They could end up with Wade. I know it isn't likely, but if Lebron and Bosh end up with the Cavs or Bulls together that doesn't leave Wade with much. Maybe Lee or Boozer in Miami. Probably no one with the Nets. I don't think it will happen, but if it does I'll be crying I'll be so happy (no homo). Wade is one of my favorite players.

Sean_A_Nitro
07-06-2010, 03:00 PM

If it was all about stats then Zach Randolph would be an MVP candidate. Amare is not gonna lead this team to a championship but he's gonna draw attention down low and make shooters like Gallinari more dangerous. Give him a nice point guard like Tony Parker or even Felton and the Knicks will be a 5 or 6 seed. Baby steps people...

Big_Pete1000
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Amares knee is only gonna last maybe 2 more seasons before he needs surgery on it again.

evilsteve02
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
If it was all about stats then Zach Randolph would be an MVP candidate. Amare is not gonna lead this team to a championship but he's gonna draw attention down low and make shooters like Gallinari more dangerous. Give him a nice point guard like Tony Parker or even Felton and the Knicks will be a 5 or 6 seed. Baby steps people...

i am not saying David Lee would put the Knicks in the big series...my point is, those 2 are basically the same player...and Lee never had anyone good on his team like Amare has.....

sabonis224
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
disagree, i like Amare, he will actually bring a little legitimacy to the Garden again, and if he can recruit players like Carmelo, tony parker, etc. that makes it all the better. plus he will be playing in an offense he has flourished in.

sabonis224
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Amares knee is only gonna last maybe 2 more seasons before he needs surgery on it again.

where did you get your PhD?

Pretty Boy Floyd
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM

early post is early!

Bron, Wade, Arenas, Boozer, Felton, Beasley, Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Monta Ellis, Al Jefferson, Rip Hamilton, Prince are all potential Knickerbockers by late October

David Lee can go in a S&T and Curry's expiring $20 mil are attractive for potential trades.

LOL at thinking that Amare is it for the Knicks!

Big_Pete1000
07-06-2010, 03:52 PM
where did you get your PhD?

lol. its all over espn and coming from GM's of other NBA teams. I didn't come up with that theory. I guess with the type of microfracture knee surgery he had a couple years ago it needs to be re-done after so many years. This is why almost all teams were very reluctant to give him a max contract including his own team (phoenix) because they know what the future will probably hold. Not a 100% shot on needing a new surgery but a very high probability of it.

Ching0n
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM

pls go.

NYSackExchange
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
http://www.mocksession.com/30fps//NOLANLOL.gif

WeWannaChill
12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.mocksession.com/30fps//NOLANLOL.gif

strong irony of gif to thread content