PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce face reality...the New York Yankees are winning the world series

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
theyve got all the tools, and theyre the most complete team in baseball. theyve been swept in only ONE series this year..ONE! and that was only a 2 game series with the Rays. Theyve easily kept hold of the best record in baseball, and they are only getting better. Girardi spoke after the last game against Toronto that both he and the players are not satisfied and are looking to improve. This is coming from the team that's 1st in all of baseball.

~The All Stars~

Jeter (starter)
Cano (starter)
Rodriguez
Hughes
Sabathia
Pettitte
Rivera
and then you can posibly add Swisher if hes able to win the final vote

On top of that..

Gardner is hitting .314.

Teixeira is getting his swing back..hitting .444 in 5 games in july, and has reached base in his last 26 games (every one since june 5th).

Vazquez is 6-3 in his last 10 starts with a 3.10 ERA. with 3 all-star starting pitchers, that makes for a solid #4 considering the run support of the yankees and their on base percentage which is 1st in the MLB.

#28 is on the way folks..

Cliffs:
-the yankees are winning the world series

melanimal_old
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
You forgot to list Hughes stats from his last 5 starts.

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
You forgot to list Hughes stats from his last 5 starts.

how about the last 7 starts, in which the yankees are 6-1...you mad? no worries. hows cole hamels last 7 starts in which the phillies are 1-6?..or halladay when the yankees torched him for 3 homers and a loss? solid "aces" right there..

melanimal_old
07-06-2010, 01:59 PM
how about the last 7 starts, in which the yankees are 6-1...you mad? no worries. hows cole hamels last 7 starts in which the phillies are 1-6?..or halladay when the yankees torched him for 3 homers and a loss? solid "aces" right there..

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jamie.jpg

lettuce be reality none of your starting pitchers belong in the all star game over Weaver.

MA5Bergey
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jamie.jpg

lettuce be reality none of your starting pitchers belong in the all star game.

Lettuce be reality our one starter who deserves to be in the all star game wasn't picked (Andy Pettitte).

melanimal_old
07-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Lettuce be reality our one starter who deserves to be in the all star game wasn't picked (Andy Pettitte).

victor gull the spoils. No arguments here.

MA5Bergey
07-06-2010, 02:05 PM
victor gull the spoils. No arguments here.

lol woops just realized Pettitte has been named to replace Buchholz on the roster. At least that gives me hope that Girardi will do the right thing and replace CC with Weaver.

NDame616
07-06-2010, 02:06 PM
lol @ All Stars meaning anything....especially when your manager picks them

Big_Pete1000
07-06-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/b85b0b6f650bddb7d58a6507a389abb1.gif

ebongo91
07-06-2010, 02:08 PM
you guys do realize Jeter only got in becuase of his name. Swisher deserves the vote, but Jeter should be staying in NY

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
lettuce be reality none of your starting pitchers belong in the all star game over Weaver.

i can agree with that for CC and hughes. Pettite has the same ERA as weaver though and more wins. that wasnt the point i was trying to make though. was more focused on the fact that the yankees have 3 all-star caliber starting pitchers

lol @ boston not making the playoffs

IraHays
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM

this^^^^^ lmao.

Also, OP's sig list the "greatest rappers of all time"

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
you guys do realize Jeter only got in becuase of his name.

um no..andrus should be staying at home so that alex gonzalez can go if anything

jeter is 2nd for mlb SS in HR and RBI, gonzalez is first in both.

andrus hits .290 to jeters .281 but has fewer HR (he has 0) and RBI and jeter plays better defense

gonzalez has more RBI/HR than jeter, but Jeters average is 23 points higher

also..jeter strikes out less than either andrus or gonzalez and his D is much better.

its pretty close, but u cant possibly say jeter doesnt deserve it

melanimal_old
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
um no..andrus should be staying at home so that alex gonzalez can go if anything

jeter is 2nd for mlb SS in HR and RBI, gonzalez is first in both.

andrus hits .290 to jeters .281 but has fewer HR (he has 0) and RBI and jeter plays better defense

gonzalez has more RBI/HR than jeter, but Jeters average is 23 points higher

also..jeter strikes out less than either andrus or gonzalez and his D is much better.

its pretty close, but u cant possibly say jeter doesnt deserve it

Erm Andrus has more runs, sb, a few hits below, higher avg, much much higher obp, a .400 avg with RISP, and has a better glove.

bustermac
07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
(not Yanks fan but...)
It could happen. They're the team to beat in the A.L. Texas can't keep up with them. Minnesota might if they get Cliff Lee.

Boston and Tampa will fall back as the season goes on.

Robinson Cano may win AL MVP too. (srs)

MA5Bergey
07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
(not Yanks fan but...)
It could happen. They're the team to beat in the A.L. Texas can't keep up with them. Minnesota might if they get Cliff Lee.

Cano's a candidate but the current AL MVP is Josh Hamilton.

evilsteve02
07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
theyve got all the tools, and theyre the most complete team in baseball. theyve been swept in only ONE series this year..ONE! and that was only a 2 game series with the Rays. Theyve easily kept hold of the best record in baseball, and they are only getting better. Girardi spoke after the last game against Toronto that both he and the players are not satisfied and are looking to improve. This is coming from the team that's 1st in all of baseball.

~The All Stars~

Jeter (starter)
Cano (starter)
Rodriguez
Hughes
Sabathia
Pettitte
Rivera
and then you can posibly add Swisher if hes able to win the final vote

On top of that..

Gardner is hitting .314.

Teixeira is getting his swing back..hitting .444 in 5 games in july, and has reached base in his last 26 games (every one since june 5th).

Vazquez is 6-3 in his last 10 starts with a 3.10 ERA. with 3 all-star starting pitchers, that makes for a solid #4 considering the run support of the yankees and their on base percentage which is 1st in the MLB.

#28 is on the way folks..

Cliffs:
-the yankees are winning the world series

way to state the obvious...they have the highest payroll idiot....hey...let me throw out a prediction here.... "THE FIRST DAY OF 2011 WILL BE JANUARY 1"

89FoxBody
07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
way to state the obvious...they have the highest payroll idiot....hey...let me throw out a prediction here.... "THE FIRST DAY OF 2011 WILL BE JANUARY 1"

Ya cause the highest payroll team always wins the World Series.

lol.

MA5Bergey
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM

Baseball has more parity than any other major sport (Football, basketball, hockey), and it's the only one without a salary cap.

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Erm Andrus has more runs, sb, a few hits below, higher avg, higher obp, a .400 avg with RISP, and has a better glove.

lol @ better glove...he has 10 errors to jeters 4. check the stats. also..he has only ONE more run. considering he has guerrerro and hamilton hitting behind him who are 2nd and 4th in RBI's, i would imagine hed have more runs.

so andrus/jeter/gonzalez are all pretty close...so someone HAS to get the short end of the stick. cant please everyone

but anyways...

ITT: people focus attention on all-stars as a way to defer attention from the fact the yankees are the best team in baseball

IraHays
07-06-2010, 02:51 PM
lol @ better glove...he has 10 errors to jeters 4.

Hard to make errors when you can't get to a ball unless it's right at you. Just sayin.

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Hard to make errors when you can't get to a ball unless it's right at you. Just sayin.

lol..stupid argument is stupid. right..cuz jeter obviously never makes hustle plays..do u even watch baseball? u say that like uv watched every ball thats come towards jeters direction.

melanimal_old
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
lol @ better glove...he has 10 errors to jeters 4. check the stats. also..he has only ONE more run. considering he has guerrerro and hamilton hitting behind him who are 2nd and 4th in RBI's, i would imagine hed have more runs.

so andrus/jeter/gonzalez are all pretty close...so someone HAS to get the short end of the stick. cant please everyone

but anyways...

ITT: people focus attention on all-stars as a way to defer attention from the fact the yankees are the best team in baseball

you obviously have never seen Andrus play in the field much. The kid is a freak. He is Ozzie Smith. Errors dont tell the whole story. It was pure joke he didnt get the gold glove last year. Gonzalez and Andrus are both better fielders than Jeter but the media cant get there mouth off Jeters balls. Which is why the gold glove is a joke anyway. But its ok Jeter is one of the best ever back there, just not right now.

I give props to Girardi for not over valuing power stats and recognizing what Andrus brings to the game.

Theres 3 SS's with .370 obp

Hanley, Tulo, and Andrus. The next is Jeter at .340

Huse
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Lettuce face reality...Boston is 2.5 games back despite having half a roster of minor leaguers and having a historically bad month of april

razorsedgepit06
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I dont really see any other team in MLB that is going to be able to beat the Yankees 4 out of 7 times in a series. Of course, they have to make the playoffs first, but I expect them to win atleast 100 games this year.

#28. Its coming.

razorsedgepit06
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Lettuce face reality...Boston is 2.5 games back despite having half a roster of minor leaguers and having a historically bad month of april

Lettuce face reality. Boston is in third place and not making the playoffs as of right now.

Better start getting healthy.

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM

lol..i give them probs, but there is no way in hell they can get it together to pass the yankees or even the rays. theyre stuck at 3rd. the yankees meanwhile r only getting better. talk to me in a month, when they slip to 8+ out of 1st in the division

Huse
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Lettuce face reality. Boston is in third place and not making the playoffs as of right now.

Better start getting healthy.

They are .5 games back, despite having key injuries EVERYWHERE in the roster. gtfo you'd have to be seriously retarded to think they won't pick up steam when people start coming back (ellsbury, beckett, pedroia, etc.,)

Huse
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
lol..i give them probs, but there is no way in hell they can get it together to pass the yankees or even the rays. theyre stuck at 3rd. the yankees meanwhile r only getting better. talk to me in a month, when they slip to 8+ out of 1st in the division

lmao.... okay are you trolling or retarded?

razorsedgepit06
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
They are .5 games back, despite having key injuries EVERYWHERE in the roster. gtfo you'd have to be seriously retarded to think they won't pick up steam when people start coming back (ellsbury, beckett, pedroia, etc.,)

Just for the record, I do think they will make the playoffs. I dont see the Rays holding them off. Not enough offense.

But the Yankees will run away with the division in the second half just like last year. Enjoy the fight for the wild card.

Erik2806
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
lmao.... okay are you trolling or retarded?

typical delusional boston fan. your team cant keep up the pace of the yanks, thats all im saying. even if they slip into the playoffs, the yankees have a better team. that is all. either way, thread subbed for later bump when the sox are well out of the playoff scene

RyzinEnagy
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
There really is no argument about the fact that the Yankees are the best team in baseball right now. That could change if a contending team trades for Lee, but as of right now the road to the trophy still goes through the Bronx. And please Sox fans, don't whine about losing Ellsbury and Pedroia and finding a way of stashing Beckett on the DL because he forgot how to not get lit up by the Yankees. Better find a way to win despite this. Ellsbury isn't going to carry your team, Pedroia probably doesn't come back until September, and it's entirely possible that Beckett still sucks.

milkshow11
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Lettuce be real, the champs are coming from the AL East, Yanks/Sox/Rays

richard02
07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Pettite has the same ERA as weaver though and more wins. that wasnt the point i was trying to make though.

LOL @ you thinking wins is an important stat for a pitcher. let me guess, you count wins for quarterbacks too?

John Lackey has 9 wins with a 1.54 WHIP and a 4.40 ERA, whereas Jeff Niemann only has 6 wins with a 1.08 WHIP and a 2.80 ERA.

GIMME LACKEY!!

Tyler44
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/b85b0b6f650bddb7d58a6507a389abb1.gif

Will be in the NLCS at the VERY least.

Nastiest offensive team in the MLB with some of the best young pitching staff in the league.

Come at us bro.

bustermac
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM

Nastiest offensive team in the MLB with some of the best young pitching staff in the league.

Come at us bro.

When is your Cuban pitcher coming up? SO much preseason hype...where is he?

Erik2806
07-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Come at us bro.

we're talking about the best team in baseball, not some team that is going to lose in the NLCS. for the yankees, losing in the ALCS would be a failure. good thing theyre winning the world series again..

Erik2806
07-07-2010, 09:27 PM
teixeira home run tonight..arod with 2 last night off cahill, the all-star pitcher who hasnt lost since may...LOLL.

yankees are about to complete the sweep tonight...feels good man

rampagefc77
07-07-2010, 09:35 PM
but at what cost brah?

TexasHeat
10-26-2010, 10:33 PM
bump

Hardcore_D00d
10-26-2010, 10:36 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1418/6328000/22884592/386276612.jpg

TexasHeat
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I dont really see any other team in MLB that is going to be able to beat the Yankees 4 out of 7 times in a series. Of course, they have to make the playoffs first, but I expect them to win atleast 100 games this year.

#28. Its coming.

(not Yanks fan but...)

Lettuce be real, the champs are coming from the AL East, Yanks/Sox/Rays

we're talking about the best team in baseball, not some team that is going to lose in the NLCS. for the yankees, losing in the ALCS would be a failure. good thing theyre winning the world series again..

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/gsmith1236/nolanlaughing.gif?t=1287884484

ShweezyBTFO
05-12-2013, 11:49 PM
lol at texasheat bumping any thread.

BobbyGz
05-13-2013, 05:37 AM
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/gsmith1236/nolanlaughing.gif?t=1287884484[/mg]

Damn, I was just in Arlington and that World Series trophy was beautiful! They got it right there on display.