PDA

View Full Version : 2 months till college football!

johnnyj411
07-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Dayum,can't f'n wait! I dunno if we can do it 2 yrs in a row tho,lost alot of defense?! ROLL F'n TIDE!.............just sayin

Bowyermania
07-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I hear you bro ... football camp starts for me in 6 weeks ... pumped.

jd75
07-06-2010, 07:56 AM
cant fukin , when there is no football i dont feel right. the ufc has been holding me over til college and NFL football start

SwagMorris
07-06-2010, 08:20 AM
cant fukin , when there is no football i dont feel right. the ufc has been holding me over til college and NFL football start

Eww.

College football video games and following recruiting has been holding me over

mtomjr14
07-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Eww.

this...ncaa 11 in 1 week

JamesGatz83
07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Eww.

This.

Also, nastiest defense in the land this year. Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, Marvin Austin, Robert Quinn, Kendric Burney, Deunta Williams. In before six first-round picks.

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I can not wait either, I am flying up to the shoe for the home opener vs Marshall for a Thursday night game. It will be a rocking! Wanted to hit up the game vs Miami but I'll wait for the Buckeyes to come down here and see part II live.

SwagMorris
07-06-2010, 08:56 AM
This.

Also, nastiest defense in the land this year. Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, Marvin Austin, Robert Quinn, Kendric Burney, Deunta Williams. In before six first-round picks.

Yup. If the offense can score a few TDs a BCS bowl and ACC championship should be this season. Can't wait for the LSU game.

And I just bought tickets for Utah/Pitt. (my brother went to Utah). That game will be sick

4thelvofthegme
07-06-2010, 09:25 AM
ready to see nebraskas last year in the big 12. kinda sad, kinda happy, well see if we can win it this year

dmoneythegoat
07-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Can't wait to see if Jordan Jefferson has finally evolved into a better QB than last year. And if a lot of top recruits we have gotten over the last few years will finally live up to expectations (Tolliver, Loston, Randle)

johnnyj411
07-06-2010, 10:11 AM
My parents bought my wife and I tickets for the alabama vs. Penn st. game. I can't f'n wait! Its on our home turf and the new section of bryan denny stadium will be finished as well,will be a epic day for sure. I dunno even the last time we played Penn st.,maybe the 60's?!?!

SwagMorris
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
ready to see nebraskas last year in the big 12. kinda sad, kinda happy, well see if we can win it this year

I think Nebraska will take it this year, and then will win a national title in the next 2-3 years under Poleni. They've been racking up the oline recruits like crazy lately.

DRob27
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
My parents bought my wife and I tickets for the alabama vs. Penn st. game. I can't f'n wait! Its on our home turf and the new section of bryan denny stadium will be finished as well,will be a epic day for sure. I dunno even the last time we played Penn st.,maybe the 60's?!?!

This alabama v penn state series is gonna be epic. I'll definitely be there in the student section for when you guys come up here.

Calhexas
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Big10 phaggots won't be able to handle these two...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/885/F668859.jpg

but seriously...I can't wait to watch this game.

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
This alabama v penn state series is gonna be epic. I'll definitely be there in the student section for when you guys come up here.

In b4 SEC homers make conf comments...

Dam it, too late!

Calhexas
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
In b4 SEC homers make conf comments...

lol phail

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
lol phail

No shat huh!

Calhexas
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
No shat huh!

its because you big10 homers are too big and slow for us speedy SEC brahs

ryan36_1
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I can not wait either, I am flying up to the shoe for the home opener vs Marshall for a Thursday night game. It will be a rocking! Wanted to hit up the game vs Miami but I'll wait for the Buckeyes to come down here and see part II live.

That game will be good. It'll be 85% Buckeye fans because Cryami can't sell out their stadium unless they are contending for a MNC.

Welcome to the Big 10. Bo is a hellava coach.

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
its because you big10 homers are too big and slow for us speedy SEC brahs

I hate EVERY team in the B10 minus the Buckeyes, conf runners are phaggy!

Calhexas
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I hate EVERY team in the B10 minus the Buckeyes, conf runners are phaggy!

so are you a buckeye fan, or are you just the only guy in the world who likes the buckeyes and hates the rest of that irrelevant ass conference?

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
so are you a buckeye fan, or are you just the only guy in the world who likes the buckeyes and hates the rest of that irrelevant ass conference?

I love the Buckeyes, grew up in Ohio. Can't stand these other B10 teams, gonna learn to hate Nebraska too. This conf nut hugging is the single gayest thing in sports that I have ever seen. Imagine statingthe NL west is my pick??? The AFC Central BABY!!! And so on, wtf, you are retarded if you do this!

based_mane
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
yo brehs, im really happy for your teams and ima let you finish but the canes are the best team of all time!!

o and theyre taking it all this next season

Backus24
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I love the Buckeyes, grew up in Ohio. Can't stand these other B10 teams, gonna learn to hate Nebraska too. This conf nut hugging is the single gayest thing in sports that I have ever seen. Imagine statingthe NL west is my pick??? The AFC Central BABY!!! And so on, wtf, you are retarded if you do this!

Welcome to the SEC, where middle-of-the-pack and bottom of the conference teams can talk sh it to everyone else meanwhile their school sucks cock.

I am from Ohio, I go to Ohio State, and that is my only team. I'm not going to feel any better if another big ten school wins the NC

Tyler44
07-06-2010, 04:43 PM
OH-

Cant wait to tap Miami's ass at the Shoe

mdmass06
07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Eww.

this and the real games

based_mane
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
OH-

LOL!!!

good joke bro. i literally lol'd

repped

Tyler44
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
LOL!!!

repped

Sad little guy thinking they will actually win. Got beat up by Wisconsin and think you are going to beat the Buckeyes in the Shoe? Im lulzing at your logic, keep dreaming though.

Clives_Bicep
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
cant wait!! Thinking about heading to Knoxville for the Oregon game, Im for sure going to either the alabama or florida game, havent decided which one though.

Pauly-Walnuts
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the SEC, where middle-of-the-pack and bottom of the conference teams can talk sh it to everyone else meanwhile their school sucks cock.

I am from Ohio, I go to Ohio State, and that is my only team. I'm not going to feel any better if another big ten school wins the NC

Dude I live in the SEC heartland now. The young non Alum fans are retarded, the older guys are honest. Happy with their TEAM'S success but laugh at the conf nut hugging. My buddy is UF Alum and almost punched a kid for rooting for Bama vs Tx.

ryan36_1
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Irrelevant? Yea, because the history of college football goes back 7 years.

OH-

I - O!!!!

LOL!!!

repped

Based on what logic?

Answer these:

1. Name your starting O Line. What about them inspires confidence?

2. Do you think Harris regressed or improved as last year progressed? That is rhetorical. Are you concerned about the fact that he regressed?

3. Two teams have scored 30 points in the Shoe in the Tressel era. Teams that didn't include one of the best college football teams ever assembled, 05 TX. Explain why you think you guys will or why your defense that couldn't stop Wisconsin will stop our O that returns basically 10 starters.

If you are a typical Miami fan you can't answer any of these. The only thing you have going for you is the fact that OSU teams sometimes come out of the gate slow.

johnnyj411
07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Me,being a bama fan. Think I am gonna be more worried about auburn this year. They had a pretty damn good recrutting class this year. I know they got a couple awsome runningbacks and recievers and a fair pick of QB's.

Oh,and miami and the ACC won't do anything this year IMO....just sayin

johnnyj411
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
bump

stevedarsh
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
i'm sure with slimy Saban you can win several, and it will be several years before they are taken away, just like with pete carroll

saban = carroll = calipari = kiffin

bunch of slimeball immoral used car salesmen

ryan36_1
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Alabama
Ohio State
Florida
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Texas
USC
Virginia Tech
Oregon
Miami, Fla.
Iowa
Wisconsin
Auburn
Georgia
LSU
Penn State
West Virginia
Georgia Tech
Oregon State
Notre Dame

If your name isn't on this list, then you have no shot at winning the MNC. Discuss.

ryan36_1
07-07-2010, 09:36 AM
My criteria:

1. Must be from BCS conference. History has shown that no Moutain West/WAC team is getting in. Get over it.
2. Must have a chance of going undefeated or a resume that is strong to make it with one loss (1 loss team will be from SEC, B10, or B12 or play big OOC game, ala Miami if they can beat OSU)

I can almost promise that I missed someone.

cncman
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
i'm sure with slimy Saban you can win several, and it will be several years before they are taken away, just like with pete carroll

interesting

Calhexas
07-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Irrelevant? Yea, because the history of college football goes back 7 years.

Yea, because I forgot the BCS has an all-time winning percentage factor for determining the rankings.

Big10 is irrelevant, and I root for Bama. No middle-of-the-pack nonsense goin on round here. The tide sits on the throne of the SEC which has been the dominant conference for the past four years...meaning an SEC team has been a champion since the currents seniors were freshmen (RS aside). I always root for SEC teams in OOC (with the exception of the barn usually) because the better record Bama's opposition has, the better Bama looks when they beat them. In today's system, that sh!t matters...unfortunately.

Calhexas
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM

kiffin is by far the worst

Saban may be an azzhole and a jerk...but he wins football games and turns broken programs into elite ones. That and he's yet to break any major rules (or at least been dumb enough to get caught). Can't say the same for Kiffy...who lets his mouth get him in trouble every other day.

macmoney
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I can't remember a season with so many questions/ big story's as this one. with USC, Oregon and some serious OOC games going on this year...... and well, the SEC, then you also have Bosie State.... well ****s looking like its going to be a GREAT ****ing year

=T Bone=
07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0beIdKI65093Z/x610.jpg
http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/99fc806244671aaf727099c15cd97541/BCS-Championship-Alabama-vs-Texas.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/34hxabm.jpg
http://media.al.com/press-register-sports/photo/aptopix-lsu-alabama-footbaljpg-be17a915c82279d8_large.jpg
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/885/F591051.jpg

http://imgur.com/Y0bz8.jpg

209vaughn
07-07-2010, 10:39 AM

For as much as I don't like Alabama, I would not include Saban in with Calipari, Kiffin and Carroll. In terms of being a slimy coach.

ryan36_1
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Yea, because I forgot the BCS has an all-time winning percentage factor for determining the rankings.

Big10 is irrelevant, and I root for Bama. No middle-of-the-pack nonsense goin on round here. The tide sits on the throne of the SEC which has been the dominant conference for the past four years...meaning an SEC team has been a champion since the currents seniors were freshmen (RS aside). I always root for SEC teams in OOC (with the exception of the barn usually) because the better record Bama's opposition has, the better Bama looks when they beat them. In today's system, that sh!t matters...unfortunately.

Yeah, luckily for you these things aren't cyclical. :rolleyes:

brb Michigan and Penn St. are irrelevant because B10 hasn't won a MNC in 7 years.

b3rtstare
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
IMO, your a complete idiot to cheer for The other schools in your respective conference. If your a bama, Florida, or Georgia fan it's retarted to cheer for Auburn, Tennessee, or any other SEC team. That kind of logic is the equivalent of a Yankees fan Cheering for the Red Socks because they are in the same conference or division.

Max~Power
07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
IMO, your a complete idiot to cheer for The other schools in your respective conference. If your a bama, Florida, or Georgia fan it's retarted to cheer for Auburn, Tennessee, or any other SEC team. That kind of logic is the equivalent of a Yankees fan Cheering for the Red Socks because they are in the same conference or division.

^brb not understanding how the BCS rating system works.

kenonator
07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.gridirongenerals.com/images/NCAA/BigEast/Cincinnati-Bearcats/Zach-Collaros/zach-collaros.jpg

Zach Collaros is gonna be stuntin on the Big East!

jwest529
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
can't fckn wait, return i think 18-19 starters

http://photos.upi.com/topics-Tostitos-Fiesta-Bowl-West-Virginia-vs-Oklahoma/72df40c8439443b3affbb1ad25fe43f6/N_1.jpg

ryan36_1
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Thank the BCS. The Yankees don't have their fate tied to a group of people who vote based off of Sportscenter highlights (if we're lucky at least, some voters might not even put that much effort into it)

Related note: Within this decade, ESPN will be the epicenter of the biggest shakeup in college football since the Bowl Coalition. They have a rooting interest in the SEC in the form of $$$ and now also the BCS bowl rights. And they directly affect BCS rankings based on their coverage. The fact that they swooped in to save Texas and it's 9 kids only compounds this conflict of interest.

ryan36_1
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.gridirongenerals.com/images/NCAA/BigEast/Cincinnati-Bearcats/Zach-Collaros/zach-collaros.jpg

Collaros fan, but don't see him flourishing w/o Kelly. Kid is just a winner though, so who knows.

kenonator
07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Collaros fan, but don't see him flourishing w/o Kelly. Kid is just a winner though, so who knows.

You see what Butch Jones did with Dan Lefevour? Collaros is pretty much a Lefevour prototype.

johnnyj411
07-07-2010, 11:40 AM

I must be a complete idiot then guy. I do this.... I'm a bama fan and I will cheer for any other SEC team if they are playing a non-SEC team. Like hell,even when FL was playing oklahoma in the championship a while back I was pulling for FL b/c they are SEC(even tho I really don't like FL). SEC all the way!

stevedarsh
07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
For as much as I don't like Alabama, I would not include Saban in with Calipari, Kiffin and Carroll. In terms of being a slimy coach.

the guy recruits 30 guys when they only have 22 scholarships available, with the intention of dumping some down the road. its just plain slimy.

Backus24
07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
g]

Collaros drilled a 3 in my face from about 25 feet out in basketball in HS.

srs

johnnyj411
07-12-2010, 09:03 AM
the guy recruits 30 guys when they only have 22 scholarships available, with the intention of dumping some down the road. its just plain slimy.

don't hate....

thegenerel
07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
OH-

I heard Jacory Harris is gay, so good fortune might be in your favor.

cncman
07-12-2010, 09:19 AM
i sea bama wagon fans wont be falling off til next year...

johnnyj411
07-12-2010, 09:33 AM
i sea bama wagon fans wont be falling off til next year...

Roll f'n tide brah! Are you.....(still mad)

Indians79
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
NCAA 11 tomorrow, whats good!

kenonator
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM

srs

bet that made you cream your jeans

KingAxel707
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Ohio State is the way to go.

But i definitely wish the big-10 was stronger.

Especially since the michigan phaggots fell off.

Calhexas
07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Yeah, luckily for you these things aren't cyclical. :rolleyes:

brb Michigan and Penn St. are irrelevant because B10 hasn't won a MNC in 7 years.

Think what you want. SEC recruiting hasn't fallen off, and last I checked the SEC still has 3 coaches who've won a BCS national championship in the past few years. (2 if Meyer wakes up with an itch to quit today...again)

Michigan: No.
Penn State: Yes.

Lions actually proved themselves worthy by beating an SEC team in a bowl game. Something Blowhio State would know nothing about, despite getting two chances in a row and getting clowned in both.

As a whole though, the Big10 is not comparable to the SEC. Maybe Nebraska can help you guys out with that.

johnnyj411
07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Holy shiat! I was looking on craigslist for Alabama vs Penn st game tickets,and some ppl were selling them for $350 and up! I saw a set of 3 together seats selling for $1,500! I might be watching it on tv.....but I really wanna go to that game damnit!

Backus24
07-12-2010, 10:32 AM
bet that made you cream your jeans

Felt bad man at the time. It was also a pull up jumper from that deep.

Now, feels slightly better man.

Think what you want. SEC recruiting hasn't fallen off, and last I checked the SEC still has 3 coaches who've won a BCS national championship in the past few years. (2 if Meyer wakes up with an itch to quit today...again)

Lions actually proved themselves worthy by beating an SEC team in a bowl game. Something Blowhio State would know nothing about, despite getting two chances in a row and getting clowned in both.

As a whole though, the Big10 is not comparable to the SEC. Maybe Nebraska can help you guys out with that.

Shouldn't have been playing LSU or in the NC in the first place. We wen't from the Capital One bowl to the NC in two weeks because everyone in front of us decided to blow it the last two weeks.

We weren't a NC worthy team

mtomjr14
07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Shouldn't have been playing LSU or in the NC in the first place. We wen't from the Capital One bowl to the NC in two weeks because everyone in front of us decided to blow it the last two weeks.

We weren't a NC worthy team

stop using that excuse...LSU shouldn't have been there either.

krogtaar
07-12-2010, 10:44 AM

I remember posting last jan. "in b4 SEC fans forget this bowl season"...
OSU and Iowa were both underdogs and soundly beat the other teams
Alabama played a close game against a team that lost the winningest and most accurate college QB and played a RS freshman with no experience
Florida beat Cincinnati without the coach that made them any good.
big 10 #3 v SEC #3 Penn state beat LSU.

Backus24
07-12-2010, 10:46 AM
stop using that excuse...LSU shouldn't have been there either.

Not an excuse when it's the truth.

The best team we beat that season was ranked #19.

LSU beat 6 ranked Top 25 teams. While they may not have deserved to be there either, whoever would have been in their place would have beat our ass too.

Terrible Big Ten+bad BCS system+ teams ****t ing the bed the last two weeks= getting pwned.

SwagMorris
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Quan Sturdivant got caught with herb. May be suspended against LSU. Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Good thing his backup is Zack Brown.

wbeaver
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Lots of coaches do that. Besides, some of the kids won't make it due to grades. That's why you try to get more than you need.

kenonator
07-12-2010, 12:14 PM

looking forward to the UC OSU game especially since Collaros will be Senior then. To bad OSU had to wuss out and pay to have the game moved to the shoe

Calhexas
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I remember posting last jan. "in b4 SEC fans forget this bowl season"...
OSU and Iowa were both underdogs and soundly beat the other teams

Good for them. Who were those gais again? Oh yeah...that thugass Misoli and Oregon (who at the time I admit I thought were good but obviously it was just because they play in the pac10), and Iowa beat Georgia Tech...an ACC team that lost to a middle of the pack (if not bottom tier last year) SEC team. Even then the game was close as hell. Not impressed.

Alabama played a close game against a team that lost the winningest and most accurate college QB and played a RS freshman with no experience

Did you watch that game? If you did then you'd realize that Colt McCoy wasn't the only good thing on the Texas offense like all the ruhtard Texas fans would like you to think. That 30year old Shipley made him look 5x as good as he really was, and that's evident by Shipley still tearing it up once Colt was down. My grandmother could've made those passes to Shipley his routes were so good. Texas is a bunch of idiots for running an inside option play against Bama with a 6'1 215lb QB. Bama was one of the biggest, most physical defenses in the nation last year. They punished teams constantly and injured quite a few opposing players...just ask LSU.

Florida beat Cincinnati without the coach that made them any good.

So what? The SEC CG gave Meyer a damn heart attack and made him decide to resign. To everyone that was apart of Gator Nation that was his last game at Florida.

big 10 #3 v SEC #3 Penn state beat LSU.

Only legit thing I see in your argument. Penn State did their job against LSU in one of the ****tiest bowl games of the season. Didn't help that LSU was missing a sh!t ton of their RBs though (no Colt McCoy)

ryan36_1
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM

srs

What school you go to? Collaros was sick in basketball, but it was overshadowed because he was even more sick in football and baseball.

You could argue that the Big Ten is the strongest conference going into the year. OSU, PSU, Wisconsin and Iowa are all have legit top 15 potential.

My last time responding, because you clearly aren't following. The SEC has been the best conference for the past 7 years or so. The decade prior to that it the Big 10 was top dog. The next ten years? Who knows, but just because it has been the SEC, doesn't mean that it will stay there by default.

In regards to my post about being relevant, saying a few bad years makes you irrelevant is just being short-sided. Will Michigan be good this year? No (LOL thanks DickRod) Are they still relevant to college football? Well they still are the winning-est college football program of all time, so I would say yeah they may be relevant.

All time conference strength, it goes Big Ten, SEC, and then off on the horizon those two conferences can kind of maybe still make out the Pac 10 in their rear view mirror. If you want to say it goes SEC, Big Ten, everyone else, I would disagree, but I could see where you were coming from.

Lots of coaches do that in the SEC. Besides, some of the kids won't make it due to grades. That's why you try to get more than you need.

FIFY. SEC isn't the only conference that does it, but they are far and away the biggest offenders. Pac 10 (insert USC joke here) and Big 10 actually have very strict rules to prevent this.

looking forward to the UC OSU game especially since Collaros will be Senior then. To bad OSU had to wuss out and pay to have the game moved to the shoe

I'm sure that UC, doesn't mind the doubling of the revenue that they will make by having the game moved

johnnyj411
07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
can tell already its going to be a exciting season! Can't f'n wait brahs!

Calhexas
07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
My last time responding, because you clearly aren't following. The SEC has been the best conference for the past 7 years or so. The decade prior to that it the Big 10 was top dog. The next ten years? Who knows, but just because it has been the SEC, doesn't mean that it will stay there by default.

Nobody can tell the future...so I'll give you that. But to say that these things are cyclical is just speculation. It appears that in the past they were, but there is so much sh!t going on now and the game has become so much more than it was 10 years ago what with all the advancements in recruiting and conference swapping, there's no reason to think that unless some major changes happen in the SEC, they won't be the most dominant conference year in and year out. They're recruiting like crazy, they have 3 NC coaches, and frankly, its just plain brutal down here. The problem is, when one SEC team fall off, another one seems to rise just as much, if not more, and maintain the SEC dominance that has been going on. Other conferences...not so much.

In regards to my post about being relevant, saying a few bad years makes you irrelevant is just being short-sided. Will Michigan be good this year? No (LOL thanks DickRod) Are they still relevant to college football? Well they still are the winning-est college football program of all time, so I would say yeah they may be relevant.

A few collective bad years makes you irrelevant, and you remain irrelevant until you prove you aren't. That's pretty much how the college football world works (unless you're USC and then you're apparently always relevant no matter how sh!tty your team is). Michigan may have won the most of any program, but they aren't winning now...which is what matters...what you're winning now.

All time conference strength, it goes Big Ten, SEC, and then off on the horizon those two conferences can kind of maybe still make out the Pac 10 in their rear view mirror. If you want to say it goes SEC, Big Ten, everyone else, I would disagree, but I could see where you were coming from.

We agree to disagree. The dominance of the SEC is apparent, and despite the Big10 having had more teams that were dominant in the past, the SEC is dominant in the present. As a Bama fan I respect having a strong history of winning, so I see what you're saying. But at the same time, you have to maintain that history of winning to keep the respect up. I dealt with about 8-9 years of BS thanks to sanctions, and all I can say is I'm glad to be out of it and not having to rely on the old..."well we used to be really good a long time ago" argument.