PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss Advice

KDuffy
07-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Hey people,

New to the forum and had a bit of a search around for various different ways to loose some weight.

Im 22 years old 13 stone but skinny build. The main bulk of the weight is on my stomach which pokes out like a pregnant woman haha

Basically im going on holiday in september and wanting to strip this stomach away and tone up a little

Ive cut down massively on the nights at the pub. Once a month now. Drinking water instead of coffee at work etc etc. Healthier eating and getting more fruit and veg in my diet.

Also started back at the gym on the cardio doing

20mins cycling
20 mins cross trainer
15mins rowing

Sometimes swimming depending what im doing that evening.

Any suggestions to what will help strip the weight and how long it should take (ish)

Thanks and sorry for the essay

lerider
07-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Read this:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

Drinking water instead of coffee at work etc etc.

You will burn more fat by switching back to drinking coffee, as long as you drink it black (no sugar, no milk, no nothing)

KDuffy
07-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Cheers mate

So basically,
Do weights 3 times a week, keep the cardio as i am and cut the calories down.
I have whey protine so will continue to use that.

Also i cant drink just black coffee, i need milk and sugar so water would be best.

PirateFace
07-06-2010, 06:45 AM
One cup of coffee won't kill you, but increasing your water intake is a really easy way to get a lot of health benefits. Not the least of which being decreased appetite and water weight, both of which should be good for your plan.

I second the notion of weight training. All of my cardio is high-intensity, short duration HIIT. There are many, many articles about how best to do this, so I will let you find one that works for you. I personally can't handle steady-state cardio without a running partner or something, so I tend to avoid it.

KDuffy
07-06-2010, 06:54 AM
One cup of coffee won't kill you, but increasing your water intake is a really easy way to get a lot of health benefits. Not the least of which being decreased appetite and water weight, both of which should be good for your plan.

I second the notion of weight training. All of my cardio is high-intensity, short duration HIIT. There are many, many articles about how best to do this, so I will let you find one that works for you. I personally can't handle steady-state cardio without a running partner or something, so I tend to avoid it.

When on the cycling machine i put it on 'random' mode. Levels increase and decrease in terms of difficultys so one minute your belting along the next your pushing hard.

I take it what im doing at the moment is pretty good and just stick at it?

PirateFace
07-06-2010, 07:03 AM
When on the cycling machine i put it on 'random' mode. Levels increase and decrease in terms of difficultys so one minute your belting along the next your pushing hard.

I take it what im doing at the moment is pretty good and just stick at it?

If you're doing it for 20 minutes plus 20 minutes on the cross trainer afterwards, I wouldn't call that high enough intensity. HIIT should pretty much kick your ass to the point where you're not doing much afterwards. That said, if it ain't broke don't fix it - just keep it in mind if and when your results start to slow down.

I'm at work so I can't link you to most good HIIT pages, but this is a start:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=HIIT