PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Hawks make two year offer to Shaquille O'Neal

ZidaneValor
07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Report: Atlanta Hawks make two year offer to Shaquille O'Neal (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/report-atlanta-hawks-make-two-year-offer-to-shaquille-oneal.php)

The Big Peach?

Shaquille O'Neal is seriously considering a two-year offer from the Atlanta Hawks, according to Tim Potvak at FanHouse.

The Hawks got pushed around by the Orlando Magic and swept out of the playoffs in the second round for the second consecutive year. There had been talk about trying to get bigger and more physical inside, rather than starting Al Horford at center.

With Shaq, they could start him at center, make Horford the four, Josh Smith the three, the newly re-signed Joe Johnson at the two then either Mike Bibby or a new player at the point. (Hawks fans are praying it's a new player.) This may not work well, though -- Josh Smith was good but far less productive in the limited time he played three. However, the limited time Horford played the four he was dominant.

Or, the Hawks could just trade Smith, something they have been exploring, according to the FanHouse report.

Is Shaq, along with new coach Larry Drew maybe trying something crazy like off-the-ball movement and not just isolation basketball, enough to put them over the top? Well, let's wait until LeBron, Bosh and Wade get around to making up their mind before we decide who wins the East next season.

Tyler44
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Shaq did pretty much nothing for the Cavs in the playoffs so Im nor sure what the Hawks appeal is with him.

Lloyd Braun
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Shaq would fit in better with the Hawks than the Cavs. Hawks are seriously undersized in the frontcourt.

Bowyermania
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Shaq a fit for the Celtics?

MontelWilliams
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
shaq wont/wouldn't fit in byron's style of play...if atlanta picks him up they aren't really getting any better

Pretty Boy Floyd
07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Shaq should sack up and go to the Lakers for vet's minimum

would be awesome IMO

poppa_boner
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
To be honest, I dont see this as a bad signing, I think its a solid signing. Obviously he wont make huge changes and that is not expected however the Hawks definitely need a solid C and they would only need a solid 20 minutes from Shaq every night with this team. 2 year, 12 million or so, I would say would be worth it.

IllPhill
07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Shaq did pretty much nothing for the Cavs in the playoffs so Im nor sure what the Hawks appeal is with him.

You can say the exact same thing about joe johnson

sparkblade
07-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Shaq is irrelevant in the league now. But the Hawks sure do need a big guy.

seebee
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Shaq a fit for the Celtics?

Nah. The Celtics shouldn't have everyone. They already have the Big 3.

Any update for Lebron James by the way?

Tony_S
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM

would be awesome IMO

that would be sick

Pauly-Walnuts
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I personally loved Shaq but he's a bench role player at best now. Sucks as I enjoyed watching him.

Bowyermania
07-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Nah. The Celtics shouldn't have everyone. They already have the Big 3.

Any update for Lebron James by the way?

Idk they need a big man at a mid level exception to replace Sheed, and that was thier biggest problem in the playoffs, lack of length. To have Shaq come off the bench like Sheed did this year would be a smart move.

ezra76
07-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Shaq can still be a factor in a set offensive surrounded by shooters. He'll be an anchor for a team that likes to get out on the break, like he did with Cleveland.

AriGhold
07-05-2010, 10:02 PM
sounds about right. hawks seem to like making bad decisions this offseason.

21Classic
07-05-2010, 10:19 PM
In b4 his new nickname is:

Shaqlanta

Howiester
07-05-2010, 10:39 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/qs39xh.jpg

elpermic
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM

would be awesome IMO

will never happen. not after all the **** he talked about jerry buss. he will retire a laker though

Mistermidas
07-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I personally loved Shaq but he's a bench role player at best now. Sucks as I enjoyed watching him.

This man. Shaq was my favorite player for the longest while he was in his prime. Now Shaq has gone from "The Big Aristotle" to "The Big Fatass". I heard he was officially the oldest player in the league now, even though I though Jason Kidd was. But whats so bad, Kidd is still good enough to start on over half the teams in the league, Shaq aint good enough anymore to start on 1.

Mistermidas
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/qs39xh.jpg

I lmao at that gif....I love how he gently pushes him down at the end.

thecreed
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I lmao at that gif....I love how he gently pushes him down at the end.

that would be a suspension if it happened this year. The league has gotten so soft.

ilikebeer
07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
that would be a suspension if it happened this year. The league has gotten so soft.

its gotten soft but that wouldnt be a suspension, just a technical or flagrant.