PDA

View Full Version : Knicks about to sign Amare in a few hours

AXnyc
07-05-2010, 02:31 PM
"Knicks and agent Happy Walters worked out "finer" points of deal, 4 pm meeting and presentation w/ owner and then Amar'e must give final nod"
- Adrian Wojnarowski via Twitter.

Its about to go down bitches!! Now Amare alone is not gonna make a difference unless we get another big name max contract. While im excited for Amare to play for us, im more excited for his ability to bring other names. We have another meeting with Lebron on Wednesday so hopefully we'll have STAT on board by then. With that said.......fk Lebron, i want Wade instead.

http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

lee4
07-05-2010, 02:42 PM
in b4 the knicks commit themselves to a player that will be injured within two years.

he barely survived under the SUNS MED STAFF, NY is SOOOOO going to regret this.

AXnyc
07-05-2010, 02:43 PM
After several hours of talks on Monday, Amaríe Stoudemire(notes) and the New York Knicks are on the brink of completing a five-year contract worth nearly $100 million, a source close to process told Y! Sports.

The Knicks and agent Happy Walters have worked out the contractual language, a source said, and Stoudemire has a 4 p.m. meeting with Knicks owner Jim Dolan. The Knicks are expected to make a more formal presentation to the All-Star forward at the meeting.

Stoudemire became the Knicks primary power forward target on Friday, but the team is still trying to recruit LeBron James(notes) to join him on the Knicks.

Stoudemire has had a whirlwind weekend in New York City, attending a Broadway play, a Yankees game and a Fourth of July party at Dolanís estate in the Hamptons.

http://tinyurl.com/2at2575

GetBigyo
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
"Knicks and agent Happy Walters worked out "finer" points of deal, 4 pm meeting and presentation w/ owner and then Amar'e must give final nod"

Its about to go down bitches!! Now Amare alone is not gonna make a difference unless we get another big name max contract. While im excited for Amare to play for us, im more excited for his ability to bring other names. We have another meeting with Lebron on Wednesday so hopefully we'll have STAT on board by then. With that said.......fk Lebron, i want Wade instead.

Link?

Lloyd Braun
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
BRB trying to re-form the 2005 Suns in 2010 in NY without Steve Nash and failing miserably.

sups31
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
in b4 the knicks commit themselves to a player that will be injured within two years.

He's had the knee and eye injuries, that's it. This guy isn't Greg Oden.

Lowporkwa
07-05-2010, 03:04 PM

Greg Oden = Microfracture surgery
Amare = Microfracture surgery + screwed up retina + older

so yeah you're right, he is no greg oden.

lee4
07-05-2010, 03:06 PM

greg oden didn't have the suns medical staff.

see steve nash and grant hill.

God Gifted
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM
greg oden didn't have the suns medical staff.

see steve nash and grant hill.

how do you know the suns medical staff is better than another teams? You're a fckin homer. GTFO.

lol @ being bitter the suns will be **** without Amare next year. MAD.

sups31
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM

His eyes will be fine, he wears goggles for christs sake. And if you can't get the Oden analogy, then he's not Jermaine O'neal.

AXnyc
07-05-2010, 03:10 PM

Except he was the best player in the NBA in the 2nd half of the regular season avging 30ppg......

God Gifted
07-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Except he was the best player in the NBA in the 2nd half of the regular season avging 30ppg......

The suns medical staff were the only reason lulz. they work medical miracles over there.

WheyneNewton
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
even though I like him Amare shouldn't get a max contract

sups31
07-05-2010, 03:16 PM

And Darko shouldn't have gotten 20 mil and Gooden shouldn't have gotten 32 mil. At those rates, Amare at 100 doesn't sound too bad

God Gifted
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
if i get cancer im going to the phx suns medical staff

AXnyc
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM

I think you are missing the bigger picture. Amare is a great player still, wheather he deserves a max or not is definitely debatable but both James and Wade both expressed interest playing with him. I think the sooner knicks sign Amare the better their barganing will be. Also if Wade signs with the Bulls, we have a much better getting James since he can't go to chicago anymore. Same goes for Wade, if Lebron signs with Bulls then we might possibly get wade. Also this is one less free agent off the market. No way Lebron or Wade will stay with their current teams if none of those teams will sign a big free agent.

God Gifted
07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I think you are missing the bigger picture. Amare is a great player still, wheather he deserves a max or not is definitely debatable but both James and Wade both expressed interest playing with him. I think the sooner knicks sign Amare the better their barganing will be. Also if Wade signs with the Bulls, we have a much better getting James since he can't go to chicago anymore. Same goes for Wade, if Lebron signs with Bulls then we might possibly get wade. Also this is one less free agent off the market. No way Lebron or Wade will stay with their current teams if none of those teams will sign a big free agent.

let's be reality, the king is coming to NY and will rule NY and bring back the best electric sports arena in history MSG back to its feet.

the king is coming

lee4
07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
how do you know the suns medical staff is better than another teams? You're a fckin homer. GTFO.

lol @ being bitter the suns will be **** without Amare next year. MAD.

actually, i like amar'e and hope he does well where ever he goes.

giving credit to the suns medical staff isn't a baseless claim, as it's known as the fountain of youth throughout the league. if you think it's not, then i'd question your fanhood.

and does cursing and assuming behind a bandanna somehow make your accusations more credible? i made a statement that is obviously a concern for EVERY SMART GM around the league and this is the first reply you come up with? try having a conversation next time before jumping to conclusions.

sups31
07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
It's official. MSG press conference at 6:30

MA5Bergey
07-05-2010, 04:12 PM

lol.

Not saying he's not going to get injured, but he's in NY. NY undoubtedly has the best doctors in the country.

Krunk Fu
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
It's all about DEFENSE for the Knicks!!

sups31
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
http://knickstweets.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/welcome-amare.jpg

Krunk Fu
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
lol.

Not saying he's not going to get injured, but he's in NY. NY undoubtedly has the best doctors in the country.

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings

So does Cleveland, Baltimore, Minneapolis and Boston... All about the same level if not better than NYC.

LastChanceToWin
07-05-2010, 04:16 PM
It was obvious -- for already three days -- that Amare would sign with the Knicks

Ol Dirty Scrapper
07-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Good luck having no PG to run a pick and roll with!

Pretty Boy Floyd
07-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Good luck having no PG to run a pick and roll with!

this is far from over.

The Knicks will be a whole different team come late October

Krunk Fu
07-05-2010, 04:34 PM
let's be reality, the king is coming to NY and will rule NY and bring back the best electric sports arena in history MSG back to its feet.

the king is coming

You motherfukers better respect his hometown! If LBJ does go there and all he hears is bashing of Akron and Cleveland, dude will flop on purpose and his elbow will magically hurt.

AXnyc
07-05-2010, 04:41 PM
its done:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67854/20100705/amare_formally_agrees_to_deal_with_knicks/

MontelWilliams
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
knicks are still going to be bottom dwellers

lulz

evilsteve02
07-05-2010, 05:21 PM

ok, well David Lee isnt' comming back..so you have Amari...i don't think Lebron is gonna go to NY, forget D-Wade.....i don't know who you can trade to get Tony Parker (becuase a first round pick for the next 5 years won't cut it)..and Anthony isn't going to get traded there and i bet signs an extension in the next month or 2 anyways...

so you'll have

Amari......... and a team filled with guys who can't shoot or play D

championship!!!!!!

TheAssassin50
07-05-2010, 05:27 PM
If the Knicks can get Chris Bosh as well, they'd have a chance of being a pretty good team. I just have a feeling Knicks are only going to get 1 star player though, and the rest of the team will be mostly average guys.

GetBigyo
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
If the Knicks can get Chris Bosh as well, they'd have a chance of being a pretty good team. I just have a feeling Knicks are only going to get 1 star player though, and the rest of the team will be mostly average guys.

Bosh and Amare at the front court.

Team would give up about 120+ a game.

PHX04
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
SUNS medical staff is the best.

Brought back these players.
Shaq
Steve Nash
Grant Hill
Amare Stoudemire
Antonio Mcdyess

and most SUNS players are health freaks. i read blogs. and these players eat VERY healthy
Leandro Barbosa
Steve Nash
Grant Hill
Jared Dudley
Amare Stoudemire
Lou Amudson

Pro_Shark
07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Grats on overpaying and giving 5 years to a bigman who:

-Can't play D
-Can't rebound
-Can't dribble
-Benefited from the fast-paced Phoenix system/Steve Nash
-Is one eye poke/knee tweak away from being done

sups31
07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
and most SUNS players are health freaks. i read blogs. and these players eat VERY healthy
Leandro Barbosa
Steve Nash
Grant Hill
Jared Dudley
Amare Stoudemire
Lou Amudson

Most pro athletes period are health freaks, but they also have team chefs/nutritionists that cook them anything anytime