PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Amaro has cursed the Phillies franchise.

B_Nelley35
07-05-2010, 10:49 AM
First off, I am a huge Philly 4 for 4 fan. 76ers, Eagles, Flyers, Phillies.

I was one of the few fans sitting in the stands and watching almost every game as a young fan in the late 90s early 2000s. The Phillies have won the hearts of this city the past 4 years, but what Ruben Amaro and the Phillies ownership have done to this team the last year is unforgivable.

First, I undrstand Amaro isn't the sole one to blame here, because I am sure the greedy, cheap, ownership of the Phillies did not allow him to keep both Lee and Halladay, but Amaro and his scouts traded Lee way too fast.

When the rumors last off-season that the Phillies were interested in Doc still I was so excited. Then Rosenthal had an article that the Phillies might trade Lee for Doc. I was not happy about even though I recognized Doc was a sick SP and would resign with us. I understood that Lee may only be with us for another year.

To trade Lee for 3 guys who have all absolutely SUCKED in the minors the SAME day that you trade for Doc is just embarrassing. Lee - Doc - Hamels - X - X could have garuanteed this team a world series appearance. Instead Amaro decided to trade Lee, one of the best SP in this league for 3 scrubs because of 9 million dollars? They couldn't just keep Lee's contract on the budget for one more stinkin' year?

The Phillies suck this year, and with the injuries, lack of good minors besides one of the best prospects in baseball (dominic brown) who for some reason isn't up with the team right now, is ALL Amaro's fault.

I will still root for my home team, but I will never forgive the Phillies owner,scouts, and GM for the opportunity that they let slide by them. I hope Lee goes to the Mets and they win the World Series.

FKCU you Ruben Amaro.

AriGhold
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
you are a ****ing idiot. no team that won a world series less than two years ago is cursed. check back in 60 years.

melanimal_old
07-05-2010, 11:06 AM
The Ibanez contract was more retarded than trading Lee.

However you dont know anything about the farm system. We have 3 prospects that are in about every scouts top 25 right now.

JuicintheJuice
07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
You won the world series 2 years and go and appeared in it last year. Stfu. On paper, this team is even better than last years team. They're just underperforming. Also why call up brown when you have werth, victorino and ibanez in your outfield? Brown would end up sitting on the bench and lose an entire year of development. Instead he'll spend the year in aaa and come up next year to replace werth after he leaves in free agency.

melanimal_old
07-05-2010, 11:11 AM
You won the world series 2 years and go and appeared in it last year. Stfu. On paper, this team is even better than last years team. They're just underperforming. Also why call up brown when you have werth, victorino and ibanez in your outfield? Brown would end up sitting on the bench and lose an entire year of development. Instead he'll spend the year in aaa and come up next year to replace werth after he leaves in free agency.

Ibanez if phucking awful.

OP dont give into the Philly fan stereotype. The Phillies have close to the same record they had at the allstar break last year.

jacketfan
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM

OP dont give into the Philly fan stereotype. The Phillies have close to the same record they had at the allstar break last year.

but this year the braves are back to kicking the **** out of the phils lulz

JuicintheJuice
07-05-2010, 11:29 AM

Ibanez may be having a bad year, but the Phillies aren't going to bench a guy who is making over 10 million dollars this year. Especially since he had such a good year last year.

melanimal_old
07-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Ibanez may be having a bad year, but the Phillies aren't going to bench a guy who is making over 10 million dollars this year. Especially since he had such a good year last year.

He had a good first half of last year. Since the all star break last year hes batting below .250 with somewhere around 10 home runs. Hell id take Ben Fransisco starting over him. However on pretty much every other team in baseball Brown would be up.

Like I said his monstrosity of a contract is the reason they refused to pay Lee and very well may lead to them losing Werth. However I expect them to sign Werth with a back loaded deal because in 2011 Ibanez and Lidges contracts are up. Freeing about 35 million a year up.

Jacketfan plz go.

JM2412
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
He had a good first half of last year. Since the all star break last year hes batting below .250 with somewhere around 10 home runs. Hell id take Ben Fransisco starting over him. However on pretty much every other team in baseball Brown would be up.

Like I said his monstrosity of a contract is the reason they refused to pay Lee and very well may lead to them losing Werth. However I expect them to sign Werth with a back loaded deal because in 2011 Ibanez and Lidges contracts are up. Freeing about 35 million a year up.

Jacketfan plz go.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.