PDA

View Full Version : Ask the most Difficult Religious/philosophical question you have

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I will try to answer it

ITT i am bored

inb4 "could jesus microwave a burrito so hot, that he himself could not eat it?"

BigBeard86
07-05-2010, 06:26 AM
how high up is god?

wildphucker
07-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Not the most difficult I can think of(because that one truly is impossible to answer)

But here goes

How do we 'explain' everything in a way we can understand?

How do we solve a causality paradox? If every event has a cause and requires a cause to exist, how do we escape the paradox of an infinite regress?

Though you are red so not expecting a great answer

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 06:29 AM
how high up is god?

is there a god, or is it just some sort of idea, that helps us sleep at night, or make us feel better about ourselves.

obviously you cannot prove that god exists,..... but also you cannot prove that he does not exist (without a shadow of doubt)

so I ask you Mulder.......... do you believe?

so to answer your question..... about tree-fiddy!

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Not the most difficult I can think of(because that one truly is impossible to answer)

But here goes

How do we solve a causality paradox? If every event has a cause and requires a cause to exist, how do we escape the paradox of an infinite regress?

this should answer your question

w4IEqnM5GaI

wildphucker
07-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Oh ok, I get it. You are a troll and decided to troll where it really isnt funny.

Gotcha

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Oh ok, I get it. You are a troll and decided to troll where it really isnt funny.

Gotcha

lol i will try to answer your question, but thats a long question so will take a few mins

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 06:51 AM

But here goes

If i understand you correctly, the causality paradox is when you go back in time, and change the events so that you are not born etc.

but i think you are talking more about cause and effect, where each cause has it's effect, and that effect then becomes a cause, in an infinite chain of cause and effects. The problem is that if causality is comes to an end, say there is and effect which is not a cause, then that means technically it is the end of existence, and if there is a effect that just pops up out of nowhere, with no cause, then that would be the beginining of existence right.

since this is infinite, that means there is no god (or initial cause), who created, or there was no creation to begin with, as what was the cause of god (in b4 god does whatever he likes). I think the "paradox" can be summed up with the cyclic universe theory where, the universe expands and collapses in a cyclic order, that way the cause and effect will be infinite, and the universe will be infinite aswell

wildphucker
07-05-2010, 06:53 AM
If i understand you correctly, the causality paradox is when you go back in time, and change the events so that you are not born etc.

but i think you are talking more about cause and effect, where each cause has it's effect, and that effect then becomes a cause, in an infinite chain of cause and effects. The problem is that if causality is comes to an end, say there is and effect which is not a cause, then that means technically it is the end of existence, and if there is a effect that just pops up out of nowhere, with no cause, then that would be the beginining of existence right.

since this is infinite, that means there is no god, who created, or there was no creation to begin with, as what was the cause of god (in b4 god does whatever he likes). I think the "paradox" can be summed up with the cyclic universe theory where, the universe expands and collapses in a cyclic order, that way the cause and effect will be infinite, and the universe will be infinite aswell

Well that just opens up another door.

If you want to accept the universe as cyclic, you are stuck with some perptual existence, ultimately complete and contained in itself, completely self supporting and imprisoned in some ratmaze of pointless circularities and inescapable necessities.

I dont like solving paradoxes with other paradoxes.

DangerDan
07-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Why is there something rather than nothing? WHY?! **** trips me out thinking about it.

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Well that just opens up another door.

If you want to accept the universe as cyclic, you are stuck with some perptual existence, ultimately complete and contained in itself, completely self supporting and imprisoned in some ratmaze of pointless circularities and inescapable necessities.

I dont like solving paradoxes with other paradoxes.

thats not a paradox, thats an assumption that you are living in a ratmaze of pointless circularities, how do you know that in this cyclic universe you will be born again, to live the same life you have now. I propose a not so predeterministic solution, where each cause and effect is not predetermined, so in another cycle of the universe you may not even exist, because earth was not created, but then the paradox arises, if there is "free-will" that these events take place then how can you have a cyclic universe. My theory is that, there must be some sort of law that governs the universe itself, therefore a multiverse theory, and this universe has a law that governed to be in cyclic order.

btw this is quite a difficult concept, so obviously paradoxes will not always be solved, people come up with ideas of how they can be solved, doesnt necessarily have to be correct. i.e who knows what happened, for all we know maybe there is a guy with a grey beard sitting up their in clouds behind it all (highly unlikely though lol)

Large_Emu
07-05-2010, 07:28 AM
I will try to answer it

ITT i am bored

inb4 "could jesus microwave a burrito so hot, that he himself could not eat it?"

Who was phone?

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Why is there something rather than nothing? WHY?! **** trips me out thinking about it.

at first there was neither existence nor non-existence, there was no death or immortality, at first there was only darkness, then creation came, who knows how it came..... even god/gods came after this creation (from our minds) so who knows how it came about.... does god know.... or maybe he doesnt even know when creation happend

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Who was phone?

4chan has been trying to figure this one for ages, and you expect me to answer this

/thread

Harbinger
07-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I will try to answer it

ITT i am bored

If you believe in the absurdity known as the god of Abraham, why did he do it? Why did he create all of this/us? I'll hang up and wait for my reply.

GoJu
07-05-2010, 07:56 AM
why can my hands touch anything but themselves?

http://madeiracityschools.com/project2/michels_p2/website%20pics/Lrrr.gif

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 08:00 AM
why can my hands touch anything but themselves?

http://madeiracityschools.com/project2/michels_p2/website%20pics/Lrrr.gif

well King Lrr of the Omicronians......when you start to see your fingers 'fing', then you will know

http://download.lardlad.com/framegrabs/DABF11/059.jpg

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 08:18 AM
If you believe in the absurdity known as the god of Abraham, why did he do it? Why did he create all of this/us? I'll hang up and wait for my reply.

i dont believe in the god of abraham, seems like a very weird thing to do, offer your son as a sacrifice to show your faith and devotion.

The whole point of the story is not to question god, and show obedience, your question is questioning gods motives.....sacrilege lol

all I will say is, poor ram

LordDarwin
07-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Is God the father my father, or is my father my father?

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Is God the father my father, or is my father my father?

the milkman is your father

http://animalshow.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/milkman.jpg

LordDarwin
07-05-2010, 08:33 AM
the milkman is your father

http://animalshow.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/milkman.jpg

Well that does make sense, my father is a milkman after all.

deltbrah
07-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Well that does make sense, my father is a milkman after all.

i'm glad i could help