BA .284
OBP .351
OPS .735
H 93
2B 21

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT BELOW

Player A contract $21M
Player B contract $5M

I can't wait to see what the Yankees sign Jeter for this offseason after having the worst season of his career. I'm guessing he's gonna get $150/5 or so.

in before "you think Derek Jeter is better than Scutaro?"
in before moronic comments about Red Sox obsessed with the Yankees

Hoop_Dreams
07-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Might wanna fix Jeter's OBP.... he's having a bad year but not .249 OBP bad

NDame616
07-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Might wanna fix Jeter's OBP.... he's having a bad year but not .249 OBP bad

.348. two typos. Whoops!

ChrisM0509
07-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Jeter is having a bad first half of the season, Scutaro has had a bad career. What the **** is your point? Jeter brings fans to the park, and that is the reason why the Yankees will give him a contract extension that is beyond what his production would indicate.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Jeter is having a bad first half of the season, Scutaro has had a bad career. What the **** is your point? Jeter brings fans to the park, and that is the reason why the Yankees will give him a contract extension that is beyond what his production would indicate.

What if their numbers are similiar at the end of the season? That would mean this season, Jeter played just as good as Marco Scutaro.

I find it luls worthy that as of the halfway point of the season Jeter = Scutaro

ChrisM0509
07-05-2010, 05:48 AM
What if their numbers are similiar at the end of the season? That would mean this season, Jeter played just as good as Marco Scutaro.

I find it luls worthy that as of the halfway point of the season Jeter = Scutaro

Just because you hope it is true doesn't make it so.

Jeter 2010 OPS+ - 106
Scutaro 2010 OPS+ - 92

Uncontested
07-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Quit crying, your boy fatass sloppy ortiz got on the AS team when some with 3 more HRs (For 2nd in the MLB) 3 more RBIs (5th in the AL) and 30 more pts BA and 20 less strike outs didn't

NDame616
07-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Quit crying, your boy fatass sloppy ortiz got on the AS team when some with 3 more HRs (For 2nd in the MLB) 3 more RBIs (5th in the AL) and 30 more pts BA and 20 less strike outs didn't

This post hurts my head......

darkninja67
07-05-2010, 07:10 AM
BRB purchasing tickets to Cooperstown.

Huse
07-05-2010, 07:28 AM
BRB purchasing tickets to Cooperstown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/solidruss/hrmbert.jpg

darkninja67
07-05-2010, 07:30 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/solidruss/hrmbert.jpg

Not from MA originally.

razorsedgepit06
07-05-2010, 07:40 AM
I cant believe we are comparing crappy Marco Scutaro to Derek Jeter.

-Jeter is a 5-time World Series Champion

-10 time American League All-Star

-4 Time Gold Glove Award Winner

-All-Star Game & World Series MVP

-Rookie of the Year

-Most hits all time as a Yankee

-Most hits all time as a shortstop in baseball history

-Most hits all time in the postseason

He will be a first ballet hall of famer.... I could go on forever. And here you are comparing him to freakin Marco Scutaro... Is this real life?

The Yankees will pay Jeter for what he has brought to the Yankee organization. He helped build this empire you see today.

Red Sox fans always living in the Yankees shadows. Very sad.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 07:42 AM

-Rookie of the Year

He will be a first ballet hall of famer.... I could go on forever. And here you are comparing him to freakin Marco Scutaro... Is this real life?

The Yankees will pay Jeter for what he has brought to the Yankee organization. He helped build this empire you see today.

What does any of this have to do with the fact his 2010 season is practically identically to Marco Scutaro?

razorsedgepit06
07-05-2010, 07:48 AM
What does any of this have to do with the fact his 2010 season is practically identically to Marco Scutaro?

The comment about his next contract.

He is worth every penny regardless of what numbers he puts up.

He puts fans in the seats. Lots of them, because of his hall of famer career. Everyone wants to see Derek Jeter. No one wants to see Marco Scutaro.

Jeter creates an insane amount of revenue for the organization. Team purchases new awesome players like CC Sabathia and Mark Texeira. Team wins World Series.

Process Repeats.

Derek Jeter isnt putting up his typical stats (we are 81 games into the season btw), but he will come around. He does every year. He was third in MVP voting last year.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 07:56 AM
The comment about his next contract.

He is worth every penny regardless of what numbers he puts up.

He puts fans in the seats. Lots of them, because of his hall of famer career. Everyone wants to see Derek Jeter. No one wants to see Marco Scutaro.

Jeter creates an insane amount of revenue for the organization. Team purchases new awesome players like CC Sabathia and Mark Texeira. Team wins World Series.

Process Repeats.

Derek Jeter isnt putting up his typical stats (we are 81 games into the season btw), but he will come around. He does every year. He was third in MVP voting last year.

You fail.

His #s are much worse than they always are at the All Star break, with the exception of 06. Every other year, in the first half he's batting like .330. He usually has a slow month. Not a slow half a season.

I'm gonna lol when the Yankees give him like $30M a season becaue of everything he did and watch his career dwindle and he will be signed to the worst contractin baseball history.

Huse
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM

-Rookie of the Year

better than to be sucking off the yankees because my team sucks and is from florida

rippedandforty
07-05-2010, 08:12 AM
does it really matter.......you guys spend 150-200 mil a year and win a championship every now and then...

razorsedgepit06
07-05-2010, 08:45 AM
better than to be sucking off the yankees because my team sucks and is from florida

Born and raised in NY but currently living in Florida. Pussy.

razorsedgepit06
07-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm gonna lol when the Yankees give him like $30M a season becaue of everything he did and watch his career dwindle and he will be signed to the worst contractin baseball history.

Strong hate towards Derek Jeter.

And who is a red sox fan to be talking about big contracts?

Look at your damn team. The declining Josh Beckett who has back issues... 5 more years? Lol at that. Jon Lackey? 5 more years. Good luck with that one.

Threads like these prove why red sox fans are major losers. You cant get Great Yankee players out of your head. You know its true.

Huse
07-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Born and raised in NY but currently living in Florida. Pussy.

lmao

NDame616
07-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Strong hate towards Derek Jeter.

And who is a red sox fan to be talking about big contracts?

Look at your damn team. The declining Josh Beckett who has back issues... 5 more years? Lol at that. Jon Lackey? 5 more years. Good luck with that one.

Threads like these prove why red sox fans are major losers. You cant get Great Yankee players out of your head. You know its true.

facepalm @ comparing salaries/contracts of the Yankees and Red Sox. Theo has never signed a guy to a 100M contract...The Yankee have FOUR guys signed to $100M+ contracts.

lol @ you basing if a contract was good or not a half season into a 5-year deal.
And AJ Burnett is 6-7 with a 4.9 ERA. Nice contract.

AriGhold
07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
lets be reality... what player do you want on your team? maybe the reason why the red sox couldn't win for almost a century is because of complete phaggotry like this fan.

AriGhold
07-05-2010, 10:05 AM
facepalm @ comparing salaries/contracts of the Yankees and Red Sox. Theo has never signed a guy to a 100M contract...The Yankee have FOUR guys signed to $100M+ contracts.

lol @ you basing if a contract was good or not a half season into a 5-year deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_teams_by_payroll

4/30??

NDame616
07-05-2010, 10:14 AM
lets be reality... what player do you want on your team? maybe the reason why the red sox couldn't win for almost a century is because of complete phaggotry like this fan.

Yes, I am clearly the reason the Red Sox didn't win the WS in 86 (or whatever it was) years. Obviously, it's my fault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_teams_by_payroll

4/30??

Any reason you're using 2008 as the measure, and not 2010?

Since 08, the Red Sox have cut ~16M in salary. We are now 6th in MLB in salary, not 4th.

Try to keep up.....

bking10
07-05-2010, 10:18 AM
dont really care about baseball, but doesnt this kind of discredit the larger payroll excuse people use after the yankees win?

your saying the yankees pay $21 million for around the same production that another team pays $5 million for. so they arnt really buying championships, just over paying for them. interesting take on this, you have

BBadonis30
07-05-2010, 10:30 AM
27-7...

Win 20 more then talk..

MA5Bergey
07-05-2010, 10:36 AM
LOL at NDame acting as if the Red Sox payroll isn't #2 and $16 million more than the #3 team.

Yes, I am clearly the reason the Red Sox didn't win the WS in 86 (or whatever it was) years. Obviously, it's my fault.

Since 08, the Red Sox have cut ~16M in salary. We are now 6th in MLB in salary, not 4th.

Try to keep up.....

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries/teams
http://content.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2010
http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4299:inside-the-numbers-2010-mlb-opening-day-payrolls&catid=26:editorials&Itemid=39

Where are you getting your numbers? Yankees' payroll has gone down since 2008, Red Sox has gone up by over $20 million.

Huse
07-05-2010, 10:38 AM
27-7...

Win 20 more then talk..

celtics
bruins
pats

guess NY fans should stfu about any other sport but moneyball

NDame616
07-05-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL at NDame acting as if the Red Sox payroll isn't #2 and $16 million more than the #3 team.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries/teams

I was looking at 09. Cots doesn't have '10 for whatever reason.

And is Bergy gonna act like the Yankees aren't 42M above the Red Sox?

MA5Bergey
07-05-2010, 10:42 AM

lol this is like Shane Carwin saying Brock Lesnar doesn't deserve the belt because he's a little bigger. Sox are still head and shoulders above most other teams in payroll.

GetBigyo
07-05-2010, 10:42 AM

Try to keep up.....

http://i45.tinypic.com/f09j5d.gif

sups31
07-05-2010, 10:50 AM
We gonna act like you'd rather have Scutaro on your team than Jeter? lol.

Huse
07-05-2010, 11:23 AM

I think the point is similiar stats for a fraction of the price

89FoxBody
07-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I think the point is similiar stats for a fraction of the price

Obviously.

But I don't think Steinbrenner is gonna cry over the 15 million dollar difference considering Jeter has probably earned him an ungodly amount of money in the form of team merchandise. I don't see too many people walking around in Scutaro t-shirts. Just sayin.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Obviously.

But I don't think Steinbrenner is gonna cry over the 15 million dollar difference considering Jeter has probably earned him an ungodly amount of money in the form of team merchandise. I don't see too many people walking around in Scutaro t-shirts. Just sayin.

Look up revenue sharing brah. The Yankees, Nationals, Orioles, etc make the same amout off every Jeter jersey, hot dog sold at The Toilet, etc

I Jeter at 21M for the same prouction as Scutaro at like 5M? I think I'd rather have Scutaro and Cliff Lee for 21M than Jeter....

RyzinEnagy
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Obviously.

This.

Jeter makes more than 4x the amount of money for the Yankees than Scutaro makes for the Red Sox, so the fact that he makes 4x what Scutaro makes is sound economics at work.

Also, Jeter is 36. You want to let me know how Scutaro is having a better year than Griffey was before he finally realized it's time to hang them up?

A more pressing question for you is the contract the Red Sox are going to give Ortiz if he keeps having the year he's having.

RyzinEnagy
07-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Look up revenue sharing brah. The Yankees, Nationals, Orioles, etc make the same amout off every Jeter jersey, hot dog sold at The Toilet, etc
Jeter was part of the crew that got "The Toilet" filled up for every single game after the lean years of the early 90s. The contract he's on now has been worth every single penny, and probably the next contract he signs too, even if he's declining in this final year of a contract he signed in his mid-20s.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 11:52 AM
This.

Jeter makes more than 4x the amount of money for the Yankees than Scutaro makes for the Red Sox, so the fact that he makes 4x what Scutaro makes is sound economics at work.

Also, Jeter is 36. You want to let me know how Scutaro is having a better year than Griffey was before he finally realized it's time to hang them up?

A more pressing question for you is the contract the Red Sox are going to give Ortiz if he keeps having the year he's having.

Ortiz's contract will probably be 20% of the total value of Jeter's next contract.....if we resign him

RyzinEnagy
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Ortiz's contract will probably be 20% of the total value of Jeter's next contract.....if we resign him
1. Pretty sure you guys are re-signing Ortiz because he's the best thing that's going to be available to you guys, and you guys know well how awesome your offense is when Ortiz isn't hitting.

2. Because of this, I'm pretty sure you're way off on these figures. The Yankees didn't give any of the Core 4 more than 3 years when their contracts were up, and they're not going to start now. I'd be very surprised if Ortiz gets less than $15 million a year for at least 2 years assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff in the second half. Jeter is going to be overpaid, but so is your dude considering that he's pretty much the player he was in Minnesota when off the juice.

As an aside, I went to Fenway for the first time last year, and from then on I could never understand what a Sox fan means when they call Yankee Stadium a "toilet." I'd be more willing to accept it, though, if Sox fans also called their park a "sewage treatment plant."

NDame616
07-05-2010, 12:12 PM
1. Pretty sure you guys are re-signing Ortiz because he's the best thing that's going to be available to you guys, and you guys know well how awesome your offense is when Ortiz isn't hitting.

2. Because of this, I'm pretty sure you're way off on these figures. The Yankees didn't give any of the Core 4 more than 3 years when their contracts were up, and they're not going to start now. I'd be very surprised if Ortiz gets less than $15 million a year for at least 2 years assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff in the second half. Jeter is going to be overpaid, but so is your dude considering that he's pretty much the player he was in Minnesota when off the juice.

As an aside, I went to Fenway for the first time last year, and from then on I could never understand what a Sox fan means when they call Yankee Stadium a "toilet." I'd be more willing to accept it, though, if Sox fans also called their park a "sewage treatment plant."

By your logic with #1, we would've signed Bay, held on to Manny, etc. Just because a guy is good, doesn't mean you hold on to him. Also, Ortiz is our 4th most valuable offensive player, and when you factor in the fact he only hits, he's our 5th most valuable non-pitcher on the team. Our offense doesn't revolve around Ortiz...it revolves arou Youkilis/Pedroia. Also, the Red Sox have a 12.5M option on Ortiz. It will likely be picked up, meaning he isn't a FA until 2012. Som his next contract is 1 year/12.5M....if we pick it up (which I think is likely)

We call Yankee stadium the toilet because it's shaped like a fukking toilet.

Huse
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM

?? most sox fans acknowledge fenway is a sh!thole

not to mention how expensive ticket prices and food is

RyzinEnagy
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
By your logic with #1, we would've signed Bay, held on to Manny, etc. Just because a guy is good, doesn't mean you hold on to him. Also, Ortiz is our 4th most valuable offensive player, and when you factor in the fact he only hits, he's our 5th most valuable non-pitcher on the team. Our offense doesn't revolve around Ortiz...it revolves arou Youkilis/Pedroia. Also, the Red Sox have a 12.5M option on Ortiz. It will likely be picked up, meaning he isn't a FA until 2012. Som his next contract is 1 year/12.5M....if we pick it up (which I think is likely)

We call Yankee stadium the toilet because it's shaped like a fukking toilet.
I will never figure out why you guys didn't keep Bay (pitching and defense?), and it's obvious that Ortiz isn't the headcase that Manny was. The fact that Bay isn't there anymore is more of a reason why the Sox would want to keep Ortiz. Ortiz has also been your team's third best hitter this year, and one of the two ahead of him is playing WAY above his head offensively. After the May/June that Ortiz had your team would be smart have the Ortiz/Youk 3-4 punch that you had until Ortiz fell off a cliff.

I forgot about the option since it figured to be a non-factor until the last couple of months. If Ortiz can keep up an OPS above .900 it makes sense to get another year out of him at that price.

WheyneNewton
07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
You Red Sox fans try way too hard, NDame spends so much time comparing salaries and stats of Yankees and Sox players I don't know how he even has time to watch any games...

NDame616
07-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I will never figure out why you guys didn't keep Bay (pitching and defense?), and it's obvious that Ortiz isn't the headcase that Manny was. The fact that Bay isn't there anymore is more of a reason why the Sox would want to keep Ortiz. Ortiz has also been your team's third best hitter this year, and one of the two ahead of him is playing WAY above his head offensively. After the May/June that Ortiz had your team would be smart have the Ortiz/Youk 3-4 punch that you had until Ortiz fell off a cliff.

I forgot about the option since it figured to be a non-factor until the last couple of months. If Ortiz can keep up an OPS above .900 it makes sense to get another year out of him at that price.

Why didn't we keep Bay? Because we spent that money updating 3B, SS, and our OF defense. Without Bay ad Ellsbury we have one of, if not the, best offene in the game. THATS why we didn't keep him....

Ortiz may be our 3rd best hitter (arguably 4th, however) but when you factor in defense, he's our 5th best player (who does't pitch) Who is playig over their head offensively? Youkilis, who has been putting up the same numbers for a few years, or the former MVP Pedroia?

NDame616
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
You Red Sox fans try way too hard, NDame spends so much time comparing salaries and stats of Yankees and Sox players I don't know how he even has time to watch any games...

I apologize for looking up stats.

duuuuuuuuur derek jeter is the best defensive shortstop eveerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and should be MVP this year because he's Derek jeterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

razorsedgepit06
07-05-2010, 06:05 PM

I agree. These type of threads are a complete waste of time.

The wild-card race began tonight. (Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox)

sups31
07-05-2010, 06:06 PM
lmao he mad jeter doesn't play for the sox

PatrickBateman1
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
WAAHHHHHHH!!! WAHHHHHH!!!

OMG OUR PRECIOUS LITTLE SS DIDN'T GET INTO THE ALL-STAR GAME BECAUSE THEY PICKED ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN RECENT DECADES WITH THE SAME STATS!!!

WAAAAHHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!l!

sups31
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
brb getting 3000 hits