PDA

View Full Version : lmao at TSN and Sportsnet having a 'Where is Ilya Kulvachuk going' tracking section

Da_tulipe
07-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Theyre making it like he's a Lebron James of the NHL. The guy sucks and is no difference maker infact in the NHL, theyre is no 1 player difference maker. and lmao at him being him being a difference maker for the Devils last year.

They have this section called : 'Ilya Watch'

wtf is this sh*t. Sometimes Im really embarassed to be canadian because of how dumb some canadiens sports journalists are.

Mac_xX
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
He's the biggest free agent on the market

/thread

Da_tulipe
07-04-2010, 06:58 PM
He's the biggest free agent on the market

/thread

biggest OVERRATED free agent on the market.

Trust me, first of all the guy is Russian okay, no diss to Russians, but the best is not to give them too much money, second Russians are incredibly talented.. but thats it.. they have no work ethic, no heart, they have no team chemistry and they have the highest reputation to not lead their teams far in the playoffs or to win the cup.

Lets see Kova played for 2 incredible teams full of good players.. the Thrashers and the Devils.. infact the Devils were better w/out him and the Thrashers last year were better w/out him.

I mean Denis Savard is more significan then he is. We already know Denis will work hard.

/ Thread.

Stompin_Tom
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
he is the lebron james of the nhl. he hasn't won anything.

Mac_xX
07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Never said he wasn't overrated, but he IS the best player on the market. No, he does not deserve 10 mill a season over 10 years like the Islanders are apparently offering but he's a pretty good player.

BTW, that stereotype of Russian players not working hard is outdated. Both Malkin and Ovechkin break that stereotype.

SpartacusJones
07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
TSN makes me sick with all this hockey coverage.

Mikehc69
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Welcome to my world with ESPN and NBA.

nyr469
07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
he is the ONLY good free agent this year...the free agent market sucks. so an 'ilya watch' is the same as 'free agency watch' this year

wakeboy21
07-04-2010, 10:15 PM
hes not that overrated... he didnt fit in well with the devils style of hockey.

in my eyes hes the best in the nhl at rushing the puck and getting his own shot....

sign him to a team and he should play with 3rd line players that just give him the puck and that would make 3 really good lines because hes always a threat.

its50
07-04-2010, 10:35 PM
biggest OVERRATED free agent on the market.

Trust me, first of all the guy is Russian okay, no diss to Russians, but the best is not to give them too much money, second Russians are incredibly talented.. but thats it.. they have no work ethic, no heart, they have no team chemistry and they have the highest reputation to not lead their teams far in the playoffs or to win the cup.

Lets see Kova played for 2 incredible teams full of good players.. the Thrashers and the Devils.. infact the Devils were better w/out him and the Thrashers last year were better w/out him.

I mean Denis Savard is more significan then he is. We already know Denis will work hard.

/ Thread.

Malkin disagrees with your racist ass.

Kenetics
07-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Im an nhl fan and love hockey but sometimes the TSN coverage of it makes me want to puke.

Its just so much they dont even show the world cup and when they do they show pictures not video. WTF?

VTheKing
07-04-2010, 10:52 PM

At least the Cavs made it to the finals once and been a constant playoff presence with LeBron. The Thrashers... they made it to the playoffs once over the course of 7-8 years with Kovalchuck and were swept 4-0 on the first round.

It's much harder for a single player to make a difference in hockey, though, since you're using a lot more players than in basketball (up to 19 in a single match, 20 including goalie swap). You need at least one great line to make an impact instead of a single player.

Davis_Ever
07-04-2010, 11:15 PM
did anyone watch the nhl draft? That was so amateurish its embarrassing...I watch NFL and NBA draft every year and they never disapoint...i watched the NHL draft this year and facepalmed MULTIPLE times. Im not sure if its the network (TSN) or the draft itself but wow...

CHCubs
07-05-2010, 12:21 AM

http://i47.tinypic.com/2a8fb80.jpg

SpartacusJones
07-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Im an nhl fan and love hockey but sometimes the TSN coverage of it makes me want to puke.

Its just so much they dont even show the world cup and when they do they show pictures not video. WTF?

It probably has to do with copyright stuff. I dunno lol.

But typical TSN Sportscenter update "BREAKING FREE AGENT NEWS! (I'm thinking its something important like Lebron or DWade) 42 year old Mark Recchi has agreed to a one year deal with the Boston Bruins. We'll have complete analysis including breakdown of the contract and Top 10 Mark Recchi moments during Sportscenter. Oh and in other news, Uruguay beat Ghana in the most epic ending ever."

They really go overboard with the hockey stuff. A few years back they were showing Predators/Oilers (or some crap like that) regular season highlights before showing the Raptors playoff game highlights on Sportscenter.

thegenerel
07-05-2010, 11:03 AM
they have the highest reputation to not lead their teams far in the playoffs or to win the cup.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3WkIQw4ovq0/SjlCxBfjBaI/AAAAAAAAILI/mYEFKdkD3FY/s800/evgeni-malkin-conn-smythe.jpg

Kovalchuk is the biggest FA in NHL history.

Kovalchuk
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
10 yrs. 100 million here I come OP!

Kilale
07-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I would advise you to go back and watch the Summit Series, then come talk about Russian hockey players.

Wendel_Clark_17
07-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I would advise you to go back and watch the Summit Series, then come talk about Russian hockey players.

You mean the one they lost against a thrown together, out of shape, no team chemistry NHL all star team.

VTheKing
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3WkIQw4ovq0/SjlCxBfjBaI/AAAAAAAAILI/mYEFKdkD3FY/s800/evgeni-malkin-conn-smythe.jpg

lol @ Red Wings fans on the background

Da_tulipe
07-05-2010, 03:48 PM

you mean the team the just lost to the Czechs a month and a half ago in the gold medal game at the The Ice Hockey World Championships? a Russian team that had their exact same squad as in the Olympics.. you mean that team?