PDA

View Full Version : Extremely over looked snub, Marco Scutaro.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Derek Jeter(Starter)
.281 BA, .348 OBP, 8 HRs, 16 2Bs, 1 3B, 79 G
Elvis Andrus(Reserve)
.292 BA, .375 OBP, 0 HRs, 8 2Bs, 2 3Bs, 77 G
Marco Scutaro(Snub)
.280 BA, .347 OBP, 4 HRs, 21 2Bs, 79 G

Lettuce be cereal Boston should've voted this guy in.

KingCanuck
07-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Alex Gonzalez

15 HR, 22 doubles, (best defense, .slg, .ops out of all the SS who made the all star team)

TexasHeat
07-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Alex Gonzalez

15 HR, 22 doubles, (best defense, .slg, .ops out of all the SS who made the all star team)

.298 obp

Joe145
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
.298 obp

I love you Canuck, but that's the reason I don't think hes an all star, I think Scutaro was a better representative of AL SSs because he had the mixture of 25 XBH with a .280 BA.

KingCanuck
07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I love you Canuck, but that's the reason I don't think hes an all star, I think Scutaro was a better representative of AL SSs because he had the mixture of 25 XBH with a .280 BA.

Bottom line is that Andrus shouldnt have made it.

A-Gon > Andrus
Scutaro > Andrus

AriGhold
07-04-2010, 05:59 PM
he's not an "extremely overlooked scrub" just because you are a red sox fan you phaggot. give it a break.

kalmamd
07-04-2010, 06:15 PM
andrus steals bases...

89FoxBody
07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
lol @ people on this board all of a sudden thinkin that journeyman shortstops with pedestrian career numbers belong on the all-star team.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 07:17 PM
lol @ people on this board all of a sudden thinkin that journeyman shortstops with pedestrian career numbers belong on the all-star team.

I lol'd
"Yankees for life"

Joe145
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
he's not an "extremely overlooked scrub" just because you are a red sox fan you phaggot. give it a break.

Lol, a lot of people could argue hes a far better choice than Elvis.

89FoxBody
07-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I lol'd
"Yankees for life"

I have been watching baseball longer than you have been alive.

Your opinion is invalid.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM

I have been watching baseball longer than you have been alive.

Your opinion is invalid.

You've been watching the Yankee company, not Baseball team. Company theres a huge difference.

HRShoveNStuff
07-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I fail to see how a .354 OBP and a .384 SLG qualifies as snubbed.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I fail to see how a .354 OBP and a .384 SLG qualifies as snubbed.

Look at who made it in his stead.

HRShoveNStuff
07-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Look at who made it in his stead.
Three guys who have been better than that. Andrus defense wins out in a tiebreaker of sorts. Gonzalez has been better offensively, this is not debatable. A .303 OBP/.492 SLG is more productive than .351/.384, and Gonzalez rates better defensively as well. There's really no point in complaining about this

jacketfan
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
omar infante. **** yeah.

89FoxBody
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
You've been watching the Yankee company, not Baseball team. Company theres a huge difference.

lol get out of here with that john henry shiit.

Red Sox are nothing but marketing, oh and a 170 million payroll as well so stop acting like they're the Pirates or some shiit.

wakeboy21
07-04-2010, 09:22 PM
andrus steals bases...

22-32....

Joe145
07-04-2010, 09:43 PM

Red Sox are nothing but marketing, oh and a 170 million payroll as well so stop acting like they're the Pirates or some shiit.

Lol, theres a lot of comparisions, but going to the Yankees is 90% money, aside from Derek Jeter name someone that might take a pay cut to stay in New York?

NDame616
07-05-2010, 05:00 AM

Holy sh!t is Jeter doing awful this season.

Worst OPS of his career
Worst BA of his career
Gonna be towards a career low in runs

The fact that Scutaro and Jeter have very similiar offensive numbers is lulz worthy......

ChrisM0509
07-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Holy sh!t is Jeter doing awful this season.

Worst OPS of his career
Worst BA of his career
Gonna be towards a career low in runs

The fact that Scutaro and Jeter have very similiar offensive numbers is lulz worthy......

Despite having an awful year, Jeter's year is still better than Scutaro's career OPS.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Despite having an awful year, Jeter's year is still better than Scutaro's career OPS.

Whats your point?

I'm comparing this year Marco Scutaro to this year Derek Jeter. They are equal, luls

ChrisM0509
07-05-2010, 05:49 AM
Whats your point?

I'm comparing this year Marco Scutaro to this year Derek Jeter. They are equal, luls

Jeter 2010 OPS+ - 106
Scutaro 2010 OPS+ - 92.

Go back to bed, kid.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Jeter 2010 OPS+ - 106
Scutaro 2010 OPS+ - 92.

Go back to bed, kid.

So because, essentially, DJ has a higher slugging percentage due to 4 more HRs, their seasons aren't comparable....even though most stats they're neck and neck.

Thanks, kid.

GetBigyo
07-05-2010, 06:19 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/f09j5d.gif

NDame616
07-05-2010, 06:25 AM

Please make the case that outside of the fact Jeter has 4 more HRs, that he's had a much better season than Scutaro

ChrisM0509
07-05-2010, 06:27 AM
So because, essentially, DJ has a higher slugging percentage due to 4 more HRs, their seasons aren't comparable....even though most stats they're neck and neck.

Thanks, kid.

The raw stats say that Jeter is having a better year. You used OPS to prove your point, I used OPS+, which normalizes by park and gives you a universal standard to judge by.

If you take away about 20 hits from Robinson Cano, he's not an MVP candidate anymore. You judge players based on the years that they are having, and Jeter has hit more HRs and slugged better than Scutaro. Those are the facts. You can't just take those stats out of the equation just to prove your point.

Oh wait, yes you can, and you already do. That's your M.O. That doesn't mean the rest of us don't see through your transparent game. Grow up, kid.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 06:46 AM
The raw stats say that Jeter is having a better year. You used OPS to prove your point, I used OPS+, which normalizes by park and gives you a universal standard to judge by.

If you take away about 20 hits from Robinson Cano, he's not an MVP candidate anymore. You judge players based on the years that they are having, and Jeter has hit more HRs and slugged better than Scutaro. Those are the facts. You can't just take those stats out of the equation just to prove your point.

Oh wait, yes you can, and you already do. That's your M.O. That doesn't mean the rest of us don't see through your transparent game. Grow up, kid.

lol @ "raw stats"

You're essentially saying that because Jeter has a slighly higher slugging percentage he's clearly the better player this season an ignoring all the other stats that are similiar. You're cherry picking to make your point.

They have very similiar BA, OBP, Runs, hits, 2B. Jeter also has more Ks and less walks.

So, Jeter has 4 more HRs and more RBIs. But hey, we will ignore all the other categories!!

I'm assuming you will say Youkilis has had a better season than Cano though, since Youkilis has more HRs and a higher slugging

GetBigyo
07-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Please make the case that outside of the fact Jeter has 4 more HRs, that he's had a much better season than Scutaro

No im not going to because any retard with a brain can tell they are similar. Jeter has slightly better numbers and no one besides Red Sox fans want to see ****ing Scutaro in the AS game. I gave up arguing wth you because it's pointless and if this is a "Jeter overrated" or Scutaro>Jeter thing han I am def. not wasting my time arguing.

Uncontested
07-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Biggest snub by far was fat fuk ortiz getting in over Paul Konerko

fuccking joke.

ChrisM0509
07-05-2010, 09:30 AM
lol @ "raw stats"

You're essentially saying that because Jeter has a slighly higher slugging percentage he's clearly the better player this season an ignoring all the other stats that are similiar. You're cherry picking to make your point.

No, you are the one that is cherrypicking. I am not taking anything out of either's player's stats. You are. You are doing the textbook definition of cherrypicking - not me. I am judging the player based on the sum of their season's so far, you are judging players based on - "hey, if [player A] didn't hit 4 more home runs than [player b], he wouldn't be better than [player b]. You are dealing in hypotheticals here. I am dealing in cold, hard facts.

They have very similiar BA, OBP, Runs, hits, 2B. Jeter also has more Ks and less walks.

Yet, when it is all said and done, if you use OPS+ as a standard for measure, Jeter is having a much better season than Scutaro, despite the fact that this is a career worst season for Jeter and a normal season in Scutaro's career.

So, Jeter has 4 more HRs and more RBIs. But hey, we will ignore all the other categories!!
In all the other categories, Jeter is just as good or better than Scutaro. Overall, Jeter is having a much better year. You cannot dispute this, so you choose to fall back on an argument that simply states that "if Jeter didn't do this, he wouldn't be as good as Scutaro". It really is a laughable argument, but par for the course for yourself.

I'm assuming you will say Youkilis has had a better season than Cano though, since Youkilis has more HRs and a higher slugging

No, they are having rougly similar seasons. Youkilis is a joke as an all-star snub. He deserves to be on that team.

You have been dismissed. I will not be entertaining any more arguments from you.

RyzinEnagy
07-05-2010, 12:19 PM
OPS+ is the most important offensive stat in the game. Any argument that ignores it in favor of other stats is automatically flawed. It also takes into account that Scutaro has that nice green wall to bang doubles off and poke homers over.

NDame616
07-05-2010, 12:21 PM
OPS+ is the most important offensive stat in the game. Any argument that ignores it in favor of other stats is automatically flawed. It also takes into account that Scutaro has that nice green wall to bang doubles off and poke homers over.

I'm well aware of the fact that OPS+ is a great measure of offense. but I think you can't ignore all the other stats that show the two are comparable.

ezmac31
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM

this..lets not act like any of the red sox titles were bought and paid for or anything...