PDA

View Full Version : You all have legit AS snub complaints, but

richard02
07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Jered Weaver is the biggest snub.

"Leads the league in strikeouts and strikeout ratio. Tied for the lead in quality starts. Fourth in WHIP. Seventh in ERA. The game is being played in his home park. How'd they leave him off? I don't get it." - Jayson Stark

i haven't watched an all star game in years because of the fan voting and it looks like i'll continue to skip watching this ridiculous event. hell the entire all star weekend is in my backyard this year and i wont be going to any of those events either and i hope no one else in Orange County goes. record lows for everything! maybe they'd figure it out then.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Jered Weaver is the biggest snub.

"Leads the league in strikeouts and strikeout ratio. Tied for the lead in quality starts. Fourth in WHIP. Seventh in ERA. The game is being played in his home park. How'd they leave him off? I don't get it." - Jayson Stark

i haven't watched an all star game in years because of the fan voting and it looks like i'll continue to skip watching this ridiculous event. hell the entire all star weekend is in my backyard this year and i wont be going to any of those events either and i hope no one else in Orange County goes either. record lows for everything! maybe they'd figure it out then.

I'd say tied with Adrian Beltre, the guy had .50 better BA over the second best competition, with just as good power numbers. Jered Weaver is no doubt a huge snub though.

Tyler44
07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I have a SOLID 3 snubs just from the Reds, beat that.

richard02
07-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I have a SOLID 3 snubs just from the Reds, beat that.

i dont need to, i have THE BIGGEST snub of 'em all.

Uncontested
07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Paul Konerko 2nd in the MLB in HRs, 5th in AL of RBIs and barely getting consideration for the AS game.

melanimal_old
07-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd say tied with Adrian Beltre, the guy had .50 better BA over the second best competition, with just as good power numbers. Jered Weaver is no doubt a huge snub though.

Beltre made the team bro

Joe145
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Beltre made the team bro

Fackk, I had no idea as a reserve I went on the earlier thread, and I checked the roster and they said he wasn't there.
Feels good man

TexasHeat
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
This coming from a Rangers fan who hates the Angels and Jared Weaver...

The Angels need to take a stand and make a huge deal out of his snub... He absolutely deserves to be there, especially since its in Angels stadium...

One of the biggest and horrific snubs I can ever remember.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Price
Buchholz
Lester
Hughes
Lee
Which one is he better than? Nope he's not better than any of them. He will more than likely end up as an AS in place of Buchholz.

TexasHeat
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Price
Buchholz
Lester
Hughes
Lee
Which one is he better than? Nope he's not better than any of them. He will more than likely end up as an AS in place of Buchholz.

Hughes 3.83 era, 1.2 whip 86k's

Weaver 2.82 era 1.06 whip 124k's

Yep, hes not better than Hughes.

/facepalm

Joe145
07-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Hughes 3.83 era, 1.2 whip 86k's

Weaver 2.82 era 1.06 whip 124k's

Yep, hes not better than Hughes.

/facepalm

I didn't check Hughes stats in a while, they went down, quickly though. I'm still adamant that I think Hughes has had the better season, just an awful past couple of months maybe.

TexasHeat
07-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I didn't check Hughes stats in a while, they went down, quickly though. I'm still adamant that I think Hughes has had the better season, just an awful past couple of months maybe.

just an awful past couple of months maybe

So hes had 2 bad months and 1 good month but is better than Weaver still?
Nice to know

Also

AriGhold
07-04-2010, 06:41 PM
blah blah blah everyone in this thread is a homer

Tyler44
07-04-2010, 07:03 PM

pls leave this section, you know nothing about what is going on in sports apparently.

MA5Bergey
07-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Hughes started off as strong as anybody but there are players who should have gotten in before him. Weaver is one of them (especially since it's in his home park), and Pettitte is the other.

Joe145
07-04-2010, 08:10 PM
just an awful past couple of months maybe

So hes had 2 bad months and 1 good month but is better than Weaver still?
Nice to know

Also

Lol, you know I didn't mean a couple literally, I just meant a few bad starts. Thats literally my ****in point, a majority of the votes were before he went downhill, that and he's a Yankee so if he has a good season he's an auto all star.

IQ: 24

TexasHeat
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Lol, you know I didn't mean a couple literally, I just meant a few bad starts. Thats literally my ****in point, a majority of the votes were before he went downhill, that and he's a Yankee so if he has a good season he's an auto all star.

IQ: 24

Oh so we should throw out those bad starts and just count when he was good right? Lets not take a look at the complete body of work up to this point, in which Weaver has been significantly better in every meaningful statistic for a pitcher.

You are a complete idiot.