PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Notice In Lesnar's Fight....

Barry Bonds
07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
the ref let him get pounded about 4X as long as they usually do without stepping in and stopping the fight?

I'm thinking Dana wanted to get back at Brock for the "Coors Light" remark.

RedAuerbach
07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
not at all sir

looked alright to me

Luno7
07-04-2010, 12:14 PM
those were two massive men doing battle in there, you're not gonna stop it for some pu@@y sh@# like that. especially with everybody paying 60+ for it.

Barry Bonds
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
those were two massive men doing battle in there, you're not gonna stop it for some pu@@y sh@# like that. especially with everybody paying 60+ for it.

When you get hit about 4-5 hard shots and don't try to fight back, yes they usually stop it. I'll be glad to post vids....

Mitch339
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
nah it was fine, even Carwin isn't complaining.

Luno7
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
When you get hit about 4-5 hard shots and don't try to fight back, yes they usually stop it. I'll be glad to post vids....

Brock got hit a few good times no doubt, but he was still blocking and pawing at Carwin clearly displaying he still had his wits about him.

ElBonemeister
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Good reffing by Rosenthal. Herb Dean would have done the same.

Steve Mazzadouchey on the other hand...

CobyWan
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
There weren't enough clean shots and damage done to warrant a stoppage in my opinion. Plus Lesnar seemed to have his senses the whole time and covered up and defended well enough. Also keep in mind that for championship fights they will typically give each fighter a little more opportunity to stay in the fight.

exzile
07-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Only reason they stop is to avoid serious damage and if not defending. Brock was defending most of the shots and was in no real danger of serious injury. And as you saw how fast he got back up goes to show he wasn't really even hurt much.

Stompin_Tom
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
lets be reality the officiating was perfect. lol @ op saying 4-5 "clean" shots to the head. just another carwin fanboy.

endofdays89
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
They don't stop fights unless the person is unresponsive. Brock was moving and covering up the entire time.

mdmass06
07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
from what I seen i dont think a lot of those shots were connecting, it did look like brock was defending himself quite well......at the same time i wouldve loved to have seen carwin win, but oh well

BobbyZeus
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
not at all sir

looked alright to me

Brock got hit a few good times no doubt, but he was still blocking and pawing at Carwin clearly displaying he still had his wits about him.

Good reffing by Rosenthal. Herb Dean would have done the same.

Steve Mazzadouchey on the other hand...

There weren't enough clean shots and damage done to warrant a stoppage in my opinion. Plus Lesnar seemed to have his senses the whole time and covered up and defended well enough. Also keep in mind that for championship fights they will typically give each fighter a little more opportunity to stay in the fight.

Only reason they stop is to avoid serious damage and if not defending. Brock was defending most of the shots and was in no real danger of serious injury. And as you saw how fast he got back up goes to show he wasn't really even hurt much.

lets be reality the officiating was perfect. lol @ op saying 4-5 "clean" shots to the head. just another carwin fanboy.

They don't stop fights unless the person is unresponsive. Brock was moving and covering up the entire time.

from what I seen i dont think a lot of those shots were connecting, it did look like brock was defending himself quite well......at the same time i wouldve loved to have seen carwin win, but oh well

Yep

batman15
07-04-2010, 01:56 PM

lol this.

To me there was only 2 was that fight was going to be stopped. By knockout or by submission.

ya dig?

BobbyZeus
07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
This was a true heavy weight bout. This is why the Boxing Heavy Weight Division ruled supreme for many decades.