PDA

View Full Version : Eating a lotta good foods?

markshark
01-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey, I've been working out and running most days of the week, each about an hour, and I eventually just get burnt out by the end of the week. I'm chalking this up to a lack of good dieting and simply eating enough foods. People seem so obsessed with loosing weight, that it gets in the way of just feeling good and energized during the day. I'm just wondering, if I maintain a good diet (simply cutting out junk foods, lots of sugars and sodium) and keep running and working out daily, if I will eventually end up with a good body anyways? I mean, if i eat about 3000 calories a day, and still work my ass off in the gym and treadmill, if I will eventually still gain muscle, and lose that fat around my gut and stuff. I'm 235 pounds and 5'10, so 3000 calories isn't out of the question, as I just can't hack 2000 calories some days and still feel up to getting to the gym.

What do you guys think. If I keep the fire burning in the gym everyday, would eating a good amount of food eventually make me look good.

gymgrown
01-28-2007, 07:56 PM
A calorie deficit by exercise is definitely better than a calorie deficit by dieting. You'll feel much more alive.
If you're hitting the treadmill a lot, I'd say switch to interval training (intense/rest/intense/rest/repeat). It will raise your resting metabolism and won't take as much time from your day. My plan right now is to hang a punching bag in my basement and whale on it for about 10 minutes a day, in intervals. Should do the trick. F*k treadmills.

markshark
01-28-2007, 08:26 PM
See thats what I was thinking, just I mean as long as its a clean diet, and you are burning enough from the gym, your still set. I mean, I find its better to eat a bit more, and workout better, than not as much either way.