PDA

View Full Version : Help! hitting the plateau!! no longer losing fat :(

lilgany
07-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Basically I started my first cutting phase about a month ago.

My cardio workout plan is doing HIIT: freestyle-stroke swimming with full effort for 25 meters and moderate effort breath-stroke back, and repeat freestyle stroke... for 20 minutes everyday (30+ minute if including warm up and cool down).

On my non-cardio day I'll have rigorous weight training (train max weight I can handle, 6 reps, 6-10 sets each, 3-5 muscle groups, generally for 2 hour). Basically I will have 1 day of Weight training and 3 days of HIIT and repeat the cycle. (HIIT days as my muscle recovery period)

My height is 5'9" and I went down from 166lbs to 148lbs within one month without losing much of strength. I was pretty happy and thought I had the perfect training plan. However, recently I noticed I had stopped losing weight. Right now my upper abs are showing up but I still have a layer of fat in my lower abs and lower back (and my butt LOL).

I think my body is getting used to the workout plan but I already trained as hard as I can(I can't train all day b/c my time and schedule won't allow me to). I am frustrated and I can't find anything I'm doing wrong. My diet is healthy, generally around 120g carb, 110g protein, and <30g fat daily intake. (around 1500 Cal if not less)

Should I try a new workout plan instead? or if I stay the same I will eventually lose the fat I want to get rid off??? I don't know what to do so decided to come here and ask the PROS. I will be appreciate if anyone have any advice to give.

Thanks in advance!!

Fmayi1101
07-03-2010, 08:53 PM
you dont have to increase your time too much and u lose muscle with cardio that is. Main tthing you wanna do is check your diet and up your intensity theres no im reaching my max. Go faster in the time your working out. Run faster, weight lift harder etc. Intensity, intensity. Also check what your maintenance calorie is you dont wanna eat to little and you dont wanna eat too much. Then again your 148 why you wanna lose more. Whats your goal.

RoWdY_RuFf_BoY
07-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Great story and all but you know what I noticed that is suppose to be quite obvious but you missed? YOUR DIET.

I'd take a 2nd look at your diet, properly.

lilgany
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Then again your 148 why you wanna lose more. Whats your goal.

I wanna lose enough fat till I look "ripped" and then go back to gaining phase

Fmayi1101
07-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I wanna lose enough fat till I look "ripped" and then go back to gaining phase

i get that im working on the same. But your 5'9 and 148 when you where 166 was that after bulking.

lilgany
07-03-2010, 10:57 PM
you dont have to increase your time too much and u lose muscle with cardio that is. Main tthing you wanna do is check your diet and up your intensity theres no im reaching my max. Go faster in the time your working out. Run faster, weight lift harder etc. Intensity, intensity. Also check what your maintenance calorie is you dont wanna eat to little and you dont wanna eat too much. Then again your 148 why you wanna lose more. Whats your goal.

I don't see how I can "lift more weight" while in a cutting phase. I now weight 148lbs, I DB press 160lbs and BB press 205lbs, Squat 225lbs, I don't think I can improve further unless I dedicate my life for it or go back to gaining. As for the cardio intensity, I can't sprint or jog to much due to bad knee from previous injuries, I'll probably try a stationary bike instead if swimming won't help lose anymore fat.

BamaBruce
07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
first problem I saw was 120 carbs! lol

lilgany
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Great story and all but you know what I noticed that is suppose to be quite obvious but you missed? YOUR DIET.

I'd take a 2nd look at your diet, properly.

what is wrong with my diet would you point them out?

grunmn
07-03-2010, 11:08 PM
well you could go on a velocity diet for week, carb up, lower your carb intake, or what I would suggest is just stop weighing yourself and keep pushing through it and check back 3 weeks.

Fmayi1101
07-03-2010, 11:10 PM
what is wrong with my diet would you point them out?

whats your diet and you said you only weight train 1 day a week. Why weight training is for getting ripped if thats what you want plus also burns calories just like cardio.

lilgany
07-03-2010, 11:21 PM
BTW that me in the profile picture, the fat Im trying to get rid of is that little "hump" on my lower abs :(