PDA

View Full Version : R.A Dickey with a 2.62 ERA?

ChrisM0509
07-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Jon Niese with a 3.63 ERA? Heck, even Pelfrey with a 2.93 ERA? Takahashi with a 4.20 ERA

Is there a staff that is more collectively performing over their heads than the Mets?

Dickey is trash, so are Niese and Takahashi. The only two good pitchers on that staff are Pelfrey and Santana, and Pelfrey is not 2 ERA good.

inb4 5.00 team starter ERA for the Mets in the second half.

wtfisthis****.jpg

89FoxBody
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
They are all pitching out of their minds right now. I agree about Pelfrey, he is pretty good but no way he will finish with an ERA below 3.00.

Niese, Takahashi, and Dickey are all garbage though.

NewYorkMets
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
i expect the dickey wave to come crashing down soon but i'll ride it til it does.

richard02
07-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Too bad they have Francisco Rodriguez trying to close games for them lol.

no Mets hate, they take problems off the Angels hands - thank you!

The_Source
07-03-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah the whole Padres squad

Mat Latos-2.62
Clayton Richard-2.74
John Garland-3.24
Wade Leblanc-3.25

Correia ****in sucks but the D always bails him out. Don't forget Chris Young's coming back soon.

Average team ERA is 3.10 btw

yeah u mad :cool:

sups31
07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Padres
Giants
Yankees

89FoxBody
07-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Padres
Giants
Yankees

How are the Yankees pitchers over-performing?

Burnett has sucked dick lately.

Vazquez has been better but just got blown up.

CC is expected to be good.

Hughes is pitching his first full year as a starter, thus no expectations are established.

The only one that might be overachieving is Pettitte.

Pls go.

WheyneNewton
07-03-2010, 08:39 PM
bishes don't know shi*t bout' dat knuckleball

sabonis224
07-03-2010, 08:41 PM
niese definitely is not this good, he will be some where in between the 4.00+ era pitcher from last year and the lights out pitcher he has been ever since he came back from the DL. Takahashi has been solid, he throws strikes and doesn't walk many batters. he is a solid 4-5 starter but he will get moved back to the pen once the Mets get another pitcher in the next few weeks. don't doubt Dickey, people have been for a month now and he keeps delivering, no earned runs today as well. i think he can keep it up, will probably end up with an Era a bit over 3, pitchers sometimes have years like this where they pitch the season of their life time then the following year they suck again. and i think pelfrey has really found himself and he will be a 2.50-3.00 era pitcher this season, he has great stuff and has really matured a lot

Runngunn29
07-03-2010, 09:21 PM
niese definitely is not this good, he will be some where in between the 4.00+ era pitcher from last year and the lights out pitcher he has been ever since he came back from the DL. Takahashi has been solid, he throws strikes and doesn't walk many batters. he is a solid 4-5 starter but he will get moved back to the pen once the Mets get another pitcher in the next few weeks. don't doubt Dickey, people have been for a month now and he keeps delivering, no earned runs today as well. i think he can keep it up, will probably end up with an Era a bit over 3, pitchers sometimes have years like this where they pitch the season of their life time then the following year they suck again. and i think pelfrey has really found himself and he will be a 2.50-3.00 era pitcher this season, he has great stuff and has really matured a lot

Niese was projected to be a middle of the rotation (#3) guy up until this year. But he learned and developed a real good cutter in the off-season and it's why he's been so successful this year. Now the Mets won't even trade him for Lee, and value him more than Mejia. So he might be this good.

Takahashi is great as a reliever, but seems like he's ineffective after one time through the lineup.

Dickey is just unexplainable

sabonis224
07-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Niese was projected to be a middle of the rotation (#3) guy up until this year. But he learned and developed a real good cutter in the off-season and it's why he's been so successful this year. Now the Mets won't even trade him for Lee, and value him more than Mejia. So he might be this good.

Takahashi is great as a reliever, but seems like he's ineffective after one time through the lineup.

Dickey is just unexplainable

yeah i definitely agree on Niese, I mean it is unrealistic to expect him to be as good as he has been his past 4-5 starts, but the people here saying he is garbage don't have a clue. repped.