PDA

View Full Version : Diet, critique please?

Awhat
07-03-2010, 12:43 AM
hey guys diet:

Trying to go for a slow bulk but bit scared to eat more in case i put on weight (i dno why, guess cos I just lost 25kg I'm still in that mindset of not wanting to put on more weight)

http://i47.tinypic.com/k4ifxv.jpg

Program (Still on a full body since I'm sort of new, split next assessment though.)

45 Degree leg press : 3 sets of 10 reps (80KG)

Chest Press : 3 sets of 10 reps (15-20KG)

Dumbell Lateral Raise : 3 sets of 10 reps (5KG)

Lat pulldown : 3 sets of 10 reps (30KG)

Reverse Grip Lat pulldown : 3 sets of 10 reps (37.5KG)

Seated Row: 3 sets of 10 reps (30KG)

1 Leg Plank : Each leg 1 minute

Lying Reverse Abdominal Crunches : 10-30 reps

Weak as yeah I know lol.

EDIT:

Not including veggies etc.

Gusthebus
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Looks fine to me good carb fat protein ratio

Awhat
07-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Looks fine to me good carb fat protein ratio

awesome, would I be able to actually put on muscle with such low calories though?

madkad
07-03-2010, 02:03 AM
awesome, would I be able to actually put on muscle with such low calories though?

What?

are you trying to loose fat?

if so then no

if not, then on them cals you will loose fat

Awhat
07-03-2010, 02:12 AM
What?

are you trying to loose fat?

if so then no

if not, then on them cals you will loose fat

bulk, but slow I don't want to put on too much fat.

madkad
07-03-2010, 02:35 AM
:-|

lol well unless your height is 3" or somthing I cant see you bulking.

what is your height? and weight?

also this is the "Losing Fat" section and I could see you Losing Fat on that diet

EDIT: just seen this also "Trying to go for a slow bulk but bit scared to eat more in case i put on weight" you know you will put on weight bulking dont you?

what you dont want is body fat

sureshk
07-03-2010, 03:26 AM
impossible to bulk on 1500 calories.

edit: unless you are very small or weigh very very little.

edit 2: don't worry about what you are lifting, as long as you are pushing yourself, it doesn't matter what the weight is. just keep trying to increase it, that's the goal no matter if you are lifting 1kg or 100kg. if you are increasing, you are gaining. we all started somewhere (wasn't that long ago I could barely bench 20 kg reps, but now I do 60kg quite happily).

Awhat
07-03-2010, 05:22 AM
:-|

lol well unless your height is 3" or somthing I cant see you bulking.

what is your height? and weight?

also this is the "Losing Fat" section and I could see you Losing Fat on that diet

EDIT: just seen this also "Trying to go for a slow bulk but bit scared to eat more in case i put on weight" you know you will put on weight bulking dont you?

what you dont want is body fat

6"0 or 6"1? weight : 60.8KG
yeah, not really any other sections for gaining muscle. Yeah I know, I meant like fat.

impossible to bulk on 1500 calories.

edit: unless you are very small or weigh very very little.

edit 2: don't worry about what you are lifting, as long as you are pushing yourself, it doesn't matter what the weight is. just keep trying to increase it, that's the goal no matter if you are lifting 1kg or 100kg. if you are increasing, you are gaining. we all started somewhere (wasn't that long ago I could barely bench 20 kg reps, but now I do 60kg quite happily).

Ah okays, thats good, thanks.

RobOH
07-03-2010, 06:06 AM
You will probably put on a little fat while bulking but don't worry, as long as you don't go overboard eating everything in sight, you won't gain much. Eat clean but you need to increase your calories big time (300-500 cals OVER maintenance). Don't worry about the fat unless you already have a lot. What is your bf % currently?

Awhat
07-03-2010, 07:30 AM
You will probably put on a little fat while bulking but don't worry, as long as you don't go overboard eating everything in sight, you won't gain much. Eat clean but you need to increase your calories big time (300-500 cals OVER maintenance). Don't worry about the fat unless you already have a lot. What is your bf % currently?

Not sure, it would be low, the only part of my body where I actually have a lot of fat is my stomach, other then that barely.

edit: should I just take another couple of protein shakes? or maybe another serving of brown rice or something? (brown rice = 352 calories, extra 2 protein shakes : 240)

madkad
07-03-2010, 08:47 AM
calories are way to low

your daily cals for maintenance should be around 2500 a day (I think)

so like the other member said, add 500 cals to that and lift as heavy as you can

Awhat
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
calories are way to low

your daily cals for maintenance should be around 2500 a day (I think)

so like the other member said, add 500 cals to that and lift as heavy as you can

I think mines about 1800 man, yeah I'll add 300 see how I go then step to 500.

Thanks