PDA

View Full Version : how do i make my own mass shake?

natural n tall
06-30-2010, 07:29 PM
for post workout. i usually use a mass shake already made.. but they are expensive.. what can i put into a regular whey protein shake to make it heavy on calories and carbs?

IamABeast
06-30-2010, 07:44 PM
for post workout. i usually use a mass shake already made.. but they are expensive.. what can i put into a regular whey protein shake to make it heavy on calories and carbs?

Mine is.....
Ice
Whole milk
4 heavy spoons of naturally more PB
1-2 Bananas
2 heavy scoops vanilla whey(chocolate if you prefer)
Heavy dash of cinnamon(key for flavor)

Blend,consume,win.

natural n tall
06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Mine is.....
Ice
Whole milk
4 heavy spoons of naturally more PB
1-2 Bananas
2 heavy scoops vanilla whey(chocolate if you prefer)
Heavy dash of cinnamon(key for flavor)

Blend,consume,win.

i dont wanna take all that to tha gym yo

determined4000
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Oats, PB , fruit, fruit juice, milk, whey

robbie_vlad
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM
8oz milk
4tbsp natty PB (PB&co Dark Chocolate Dreams recommended)
2 scoops chocolate whey
1/2 cup oats
1/2 banana

Blend and enjoy (~900 cal; 72g protein).

Scooter4
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Do you go home right after your workout? Just blend a shake and make it at home.

Oats
Peanut butter
Yogurt
Fruit
Whey
Milk

Get creative...

MirzaRamovic
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Just make a protien shake before you go to the gym, and consume it after you are done working out.

natural n tall
06-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Do you go home right after your workout? Just blend a shake and make it at home.

Oats
Peanut butter
Yogurt
Fruit
Whey
Milk

Get creative...

nahhh man.. i go straight from tha gym to work

MirzaRamovic
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Dude why not make a protein shake before you go to the gym, put it in those cofee cup container or whatever, take that, put it in a cooler lunch box, and then once you are done working out, take protien shake out of lunch box cooler and consume it.

determined4000
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
nahhh man.. i go straight from tha gym to work

u can make it B4 you leave
or make a sandwich to pack with you

natural n tall
06-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Dude why not make a protein shake before you go to the gym, put it in those cofee cup container or whatever, take that, put it in a cooler lunch box, and then once you are done working out, take protien shake out of lunch box cooler and consume it.

not a bad idea man

MirzaRamovic
06-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah man, would save a lot of time. And thanks, just being helpful :)

natural n tall
06-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah man, would save a lot of time. And thanks, just being helpful :)

yea.. do u think it would be more expensive to make my own? or buy a mass gainer

MirzaRamovic
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Well as you stated before "i usually use a mass shake already made.. but they are expensive" I think its all up to you buddy, you can spend money on those mass gain products or get ingridients for making a mass shake at any local grocerie store. Its all up to you, personally if i were you, i think i would buy a good brand of mass gaining product just in case, but making one would be even cheaper and more healthier. Plus if you were to make one, i dont think its that expensive to buy some steel cut oats/yogurt/fruits/veggies or whatever you need to make your "mass shake" at your local food store haha.

determined4000
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
yea.. do u think it would be more expensive to make my own? or buy a mass gainer

depends what you use
whey, milk, pb and oats is way cheaper
the more fruit, yogurt the mor expensive
homemade is healthier without the additives