PDA

View Full Version : Man steals bike

Dummkopf
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
SJLDjSMqXLg

Boxman
06-27-2010, 05:50 PM
This is typical behavior among blacks; they're usually passive when blacks commit crimes against whites or other races. In general, black people only get upset about black-on-black crime.

I have to give that white boy props - frankly surprised the whole crowd of blacks didn't attack him. And they wonder why many whites are so racist.

saloman
06-27-2010, 05:52 PM
This is typical behavior among blacks; they're usually passive when blacks commit crimes against whites or other races. In general, black people only get upset about black-on-black crime.

I have to give that white boy props - frankly surprised the whole crowd of blacks didn't attack him. And they wonder why many whites are so racist.
Oh come on.. I'd say it is more likely that the people knew one another than it is this is "tribal behavior."

farquezy
06-27-2010, 05:55 PM
i dont understand why people dont get their license to carry a concealed weapon, i bet this guy learned his lesson

btw i enjoy how everyone just stood there and did nothing, anyone ever heard of a citizens arrest?

realistromeo
06-27-2010, 05:57 PM
I would have put that juvenile looking punk in a chokehold smashed that grill., then probably get pounded by security.

Dude with camera was taking it over the edge at the end lol.

Boxman
06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Oh come on.. I'd say it is more likely that the people knew one another than it is this is "tribal behavior."

I'd like to think that were true, but the black community's tolerant attitude towards black-on-white (or black-on-asian) crime is a well-known phenomenon to prosecuters and defense lawyers, who fight over jury selection knowing full well the # of blacks on the panel is more important than the actual evidence.

saloman
06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
i dont understand why people dont get their license to carry a concealed weapon, i bet this guy learned his lesson

I'm a proponent of open carry and concealed carry, however I think if someone pulled out their gun because someone was attempting to steal their bike it would be a bit 'overkill'.

Inev
06-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd like to think that were true, but the black community's tolerant attitude towards black-on-white (or black-on-asian) crime is a well-known phenomenon to prosecuters and defense lawyers, who fight over jury selection knowing full well the # of blacks on the panel is more important than the actual evidence.

interesting . . . This makes sense but i would have hopped that people would be less bias . . . U got any links or keywords to google for some background reading?

farquezy
06-27-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm a proponent of open carry and concealed carry, however I think if someone pulled out their gun because someone was attempting to steal their bike it would be a bit 'overkill'.

of course, but the odds would be A LOT better if those guys went app****
You heard the guy, he kept threatening him and seeings the other were friendly there would have been a high chance he would have attacked
who knows

I have learned my lesson and i wont ever risk being defenseless

Inev
06-27-2010, 06:23 PM

agreed. But when someone starts threatening to beat you up? and especially if they have friends around? The way this scenario unfolded there was no need for a weapon. however so many scenarios where weapons have the ability to save lives start exactly like this one.

just out of curiouscity. what can you do about this? can he detain the man and call police? or does he have to just call police and hope they show up before the guy leaves?

To be honest . . . Most people who commit assault are never caught . . . especially if the person assaulted has a criminal record and cannot provide a name of the person who assaulted them. Had the guy who was trying to steal the bike punched him and ran off, he would have never been caught . . . Likewise for the biker . . . Except he might frequent that area, so people might know him.

saloman
06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
agreed. But when someone starts threatening to beat you up? and especially if they have friends around? The way this scenario unfolded there was no need for a weapon. however so many scenarios where weapons have the ability to save lives start exactly like this one.

just out of curiouscity. what can you do about this? can he detain the man and call police? or does he have to just call police and hope they show up before the guy leaves?

To be honest . . . Most people who commit assault are never caught . . . especially if the person assaulted has a criminal record and cannot provide a name of the person who assaulted them. Had the guy who was trying to steal the bike punched him and ran off, he would have never been caught . . . Likewise for the biker . . . Except he might frequent that area, so people might know him.

In many states citizens arrests aren't legal, and even when they are legal most police officers recommend against the practice. As a private citizen, you can still be prosecuted for false imprisonment if you detain someone improperly. In this case the guy has the other guy on video so he should take that to the police and see what he can do (likely nothing since police do not care in my experience).

Newbtime
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM

popcorn.gif

SuupaBuu
06-27-2010, 07:47 PM

As I said in another thread of the same topic, do you know that for a fact or are you making assumptions?

And surprise surprise, guess who the thread starter is?

illriginalized
06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
=\

Wouldn't mind experiencing getting my car jacked, I'd love to see what my heavy metal can do to someone's cabbage.

Inev
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
In many states citizens arrests aren't legal, and even when they are legal most police officers recommend against the practice. As a private citizen, you can still be prosecuted for false imprisonment if you detain someone improperly. In this case the guy has the other guy on video so he should take that to the police and see what he can do (likely nothing since police do not care in my experience).

yeah . . . that is what i sorta figured . . . Sucks that there isnt anything you can really do about it in a situation like this.

Melkor
06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
That's absurd.

brighamw
06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
1OEQuBc6UeE&hl

:D

EasTexan
06-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Totally deserved it. Bike wasn't in the bike rack.

WHAT THE F...?

trailwarrior
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Several years ago, as I stepped out of a building, I guy down the block was yelling "stop!...that guy stole my bike!" as he pointed at this guy speeding away on a bicycle heading my direction. I never seen the guy steal the bike, but a quick assessment of the situation led my to believe he was telling the truth. As the bike sped by I reached out my arm and cloth-lined the rider, sending both him and the bike flying. The rider got up and took off running, but the bike was a bit dammaged and both wheels were bent. The owner thanked me for stopping the theif, picked up his crippled bike and walked away.

I thought about this afterwards...what if the theif had a weapon and didn't take kindly to my intervention or what if I had broke his neck or he had hit his head when he went flying and died? I don't know...I think I did the right thing even if it was "just a bike". Perhaps the theif will think twice before stealing another bike and maybe have saved him from a life of crime...maybe not.

SDMuscleBuddy
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
I'll say this, white people have been giving blacks so much slack for so long that it seems to me that this is an example of someone taking advantage of it. That **** about not putting one's hands on someone threatening you with bodily harm because you are stopping them from ripping you off comes from too many white people backing down. The thief was a punk-ass piece of **** and unless the victim was a total pansy, not much of a threat. Funny how the victim/perpetrator rolls got reversed in the eyes of the bystanders. I guess stealing doesn't rise to the same level as kicking a thief's ass.

However, the dude should have just taken off once he regained possession of his bike instead of trying to get compensated for the broken lock. That was pretty stupid.

PerfectFormForever
06-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm wondering why the guy who taped this never told the officers that he had footage of it? That should have been enough to convince them. Show everyone you had a camera rolling and you'd be more than willing to show it to them on the spot, and I'm guessing that thief might have changed his attitude pretty quick, or ran away.
I had a very similar situation to this at the Detroit Zoo (srs, no racist) and it makes me rage just thinking about it.

Boxman
06-28-2010, 11:53 AM
As I said in another thread of the same topic, do you know that for a fact or are you making assumptions?

And surprise surprise, guess who the thread starter is?

interesting . . . This makes sense but i would have hopped that people would be less bias . . . U got any links or keywords to google for some background reading?

I'm not pulling this stuff out of my arse. This phenomenon of black tolerance towards crime (when it's committed against anyone but fellow blacks) is very well-known and widely documented. This is why prosecuters always try very hard to keep any blacks off the jury in these types of cases, because they know that even with overwhelming evidence against a black defendant, even one black on the jury can often result in a hung jury. There are many blacks who simply will NOT convict if the victim is white (or asian, etc).

Just google "black jurors won't convict" and you'll find many articles and studies on this phenomenon. It may be politically incorrect to point it out, but this is a very real problem. I'm not some dip**** Republican or white supremacist; I'm liberal on most things and voted for Obama but that doesn't mean I'm so naive as to pretend black rasicm doesn't exist.

SuupaBuu
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm not pulling this stuff out of my arse. This phenomenon of black tolerance towards crime (when it's committed against anyone but fellow blacks) is very well-known and widely documented. This is why prosecuters always try very hard to keep any blacks off the jury in these types of cases, because they know that even with overwhelming evidence against a black defendant, even one black on the jury can often result in a hung jury. There are many blacks who simply will NOT convict if the victim is white (or asian, etc).

Just google "black jurors won't convict" and you'll find many articles and studies on this phenomenon. It may be politically incorrect to point it out, but this is a very real problem. I'm not some dip**** Republican or white supremacist; I'm liberal on most things and voted for Obama but that doesn't mean I'm so naive as to pretend black rasicm doesn't exist.

But do you know if it happened in this situation? Is based on what you have heard before? Or other facts that you know of from the race as a whole? See where I'm getting at?

There was an individual that was trying to mediate the situation. Now was he trying to defend the other blacks? And are you disregarding the security guards actions because he's trying to stick it to the man? Or do you think that he was more likely to be on his side due to them having a friendly discussion earlier? Or maybe he was just being a dick? And how do you know the jerk that tried to steal the bike wasn't friends with the guy in the red jersey?

Anyway, you might have a point about the prosecutors in general, but you can't really use that as base for your argument. Here's a fact: you don't really know.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/craigslist-study-race-gives-some-sellers-an-upper-hand/19499464

Wow let me slip my hand in the picture while I try to sell my xbox. If I don't get a response on a sale, I know for a fact it's due to race!!!!!!1

realistromeo
06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
because they know that even with overwhelming evidence against a black defendant, even one black on the jury can often result in a hung jury.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/realistromeo/mjgif301.gif
lol?

neonhypoxia
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/craigslist-study-race-gives-some-sellers-an-upper-hand/19499464

Wow let me slip my hand in the picture while I try to sell my xbox. If I don't get a response on a sale, I know for a fact it's due to race!!!!!!1

And what did that link and your little snarky remark have to do with anything? Oh, that's right, nothing. Now given you posting pattern then is where you call someone a racist then run out of the thread.

Just google "black jurors won't convict" and you'll find many articles and studies on this phenomenon.

Looked, didn't find. Well okay, didn't look very hard, but still. You have a link, or no? And I mean a link to an actual study, not a blog or some crap like that. Odd though considering how many times you've been asked for a link, and haven't provided one yet despite stating we would easily find many.

While looking I did find one that was interesting. Apparently a study that was done on trial conviction rates showed that white jurors were no more likely to convict a black, or asian (For brits this usually means people from Pakistan, India, ect.) than a white. However if the crime was a commited by a white against a black or asian, then they were more likely to convict the white person. However it was an article in The Guardian without a link to the original study provided so I'm a little unsure about it.

SuupaBuu
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
And what did that link and your little snarky remark have to do with anything? Oh, that's right, nothing.

Yep, just like numerous comments in this thread but let's ignore those and focus on mine....

Now given you posting pattern then is where you call someone a racist then run out of the thread.

Some of my claims, not all, were wrong and I admit to that. But where did I run out of threads? Please aware me on this.

neonhypoxia
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Yep, just like numerous comments in this thread but let's ignore those and focus on mine....

Some of my claims, not all, were wrong and I admit to that. But where did I run out of threads? Please aware me on this.

Actually the comments with respect to crime, as the OP was about a crime, seem atleast fairly on topic. Possibly up for debate if they really even mattter, but still somewhat on topic. And I didn't just focus on your's at all, Boxman's claim got some attention too. There's enough to go around.

Speaking of, seriously Boxman can I get a link?

And perhaps run out was a wrong way of wording it. Just stopped posting might be a better way to put it. Which ever. The one about prejudice with respect to names comes to mind there. Actually come to think of it I'm pretty sure you tried to imply I was a racist in that thread for not agreeing with you and pointing out that most people dislike rednecks too. D*mn rednecks.

SuupaBuu
06-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Actually the comments with respect to crime, as the OP was about a crime, seem atleast fairly on topic. Possibly up for debate if they really even mattter, but still somewhat on topic. And I didn't just focus on your's at all, Boxman's claim got some attention too. There's enough to go around.

W/E it doesn't really matter.

And perhaps run out was a wrong way of wording it. Just stopped posting might be a better way to put it. Which ever. The one about prejudice with respect to names comes to mind there. Actually come to think of it I'm pretty sure you tried to imply I was a racist in that thread for not agreeing with you and pointing out that most people dislike rednecks too. D*mn rednecks.

I figured it was that. I made a post the next day in the thread but did not see any responses in my subscribed threads list.

BTW, I was not implying that you were racist, but excusing possible racist behavior by claiming that the names in the study were biased and the whole situation had nothing to do with race.