PDA

View Full Version : lets face it, even if you don't accept that brick is ALREADY better than kome....

lustsmith
06-25-2010, 07:35 PM
.....you NO DOUBT has to accept that before his career is over, he will surpass kome on virtually every level when comparing both players in their prime....NO DOUBT.....right?

dude is what? 24? 25?

NBA players do not reach their prime until 28, 29?...

and lets face it, he is a genetic freak. When he reaches his peak, he probably won't start declining until he is in his mid 30s like Jordan.......

The only thing that kome is STILL better at is shooting the ball, and even at that kome is just a streaky shooter......brick is better at EVERY OTHER THING THAT A BASKETBALL PLAYER DOES ON THE COURT......EVERY SKILL.....EVERY ABILITY......

once brick achieved the jumpshot.......discussion over.............AS IF IT IS NOT ALREADY OVER......

Ephedra
06-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the laugh and picking up my mood a little before I go out tonight.

ryux999
06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck

namean
06-25-2010, 07:55 PM
O.P. starting rep power: 14

GPx
06-25-2010, 07:56 PM
I smirked.

yott
06-25-2010, 08:20 PM
he might put up better stats, but he's a notch lower until he shows the drive, and the ability to lead a team to a ring.

SweatAndTears
06-25-2010, 08:22 PM
O.P. starting rep power: 14
OP Rep Power: 33
Must have gotten repped by KC.

Mafiafolife77
06-25-2010, 08:26 PM
lebron fanbois still make these threads?

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj203/Skoalbandit77/TI.gif

IllPhill
06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
As a "genetic freak" he should've gone into badybalding not basketball

TheVM
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Yea for sure, no doubt. Lebron is a better player now. He does everything better then Kobe, everything.
In before, not win championships. Please if you substitute lebron for kobe, he would have swept the whole playoffs. lets be reality. Kobe rides other people's tails. thats it.

namean
06-25-2010, 08:39 PM
OP Rep Power: 33
Must have gotten repped by KC.

Damn, troll repping at its finest.

sparkblade
06-25-2010, 08:43 PM
As a "genetic freak" he should've gone into badybalding not basketball

lol badybalding. I've seen that before...

BeanieWells
06-25-2010, 08:53 PM
he might put up better stats, but he's a notch lower until he shows the drive, and the ability to lead a team to a ring.

Where was Kobe's drive when he didn't have Shaq and Gasol?

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/tard.gif

VernonWellsFargo
06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
and this is how you troll sports misc

JTrain306
06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
and this is how you troll sports misc
Ld3O_9R7JUQ

SgSpartan
06-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Damn. If Arnold chose to play basketball and develop a jumpshot, who the fuk would Magic, Bird and MJ be?

Propulsion
06-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Footwork? - Kobe
Shooting? - Kobe
Defense? - Kobe
Teamwork? - Kobe
Winning? Kobe
Making his teammates better? - Kobe

Stats? Lebron

justin_smith850
06-25-2010, 10:00 PM
^^^^this

VernonWellsFargo
06-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Footwork? - Kobe
Shooting? - Kobe
Defense? - Kobe
Teamwork? - Kobe
Winning? Kobe

Stats? Lebron

bbbbbbuuttt lebron is the back to back REGULAR season MVP

jakobi
06-25-2010, 10:20 PM
genetic freak doesn't equal championships

kobe stays in la, win championships
jordan stayed in chicago, won championships

lebron couldn't even win in cleveland... and he's going to NY? chicago? LOL

TheVM
06-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Footwork? - Kobe
Shooting? - Kobe
Defense? - Kobe
Teamwork? - Kobe
Winning? Kobe

Stats? Lebron

lol worst stats ever. footwork wtf does that have to do with NBA this aint And1 son. Learn basketball. Really trying to find ANYTHING to make it seem like Kobe is better huh? So sad

Shooting? Lebron brb shooting the 3 better then Kobe. Plus ALOT higher FG%
Scoring? Lebron, more points on less attempts.
Rebounding? Lebron, ofcourse again.
Teamwork? Lebron brb 3.6 more assists per game. Kobe only knows how to shoot and loves scewing his team over. We all saw the last game brb shooting with 20 seconds on the clock cause I cant pass loooool.
Defense? Lebron faster, stronger, longer. can catch up with defenders, behind the back blocks. Less PF.
Stats? Lebron, please don't need to explain the King's greatness anymore
Making his team better? Lebron, look at JJ HIckson the guy is wanted by teams because of what Lebron made of him. Kobe made Pau Gasol, one of the best players in the NBA, worse.

Raping people? Kobe
Riding the coat tails of his teammates? Kobe

Brb saying that Kobe is better with no proof because there isn't any. Its just lies delusional Kobe dick suckers tell themselves.

"Lebron James .... you are the best player in the world" - Magic Johnson
http://i46.tinypic.com/1yo761.jpg

justin_smith850
06-25-2010, 11:00 PM
i lol'd at that pic

JBDW
06-26-2010, 12:45 AM
footwork wtf does that have to do with NBA

Stopped reading here.

Propulsion
06-26-2010, 04:01 AM
lol worst stats ever. footwork wtf does that have to do with NBA this aint And1 son. Learn basketball. Really trying to find ANYTHING to make it seem like Kobe is better huh? So sad

Teamwork? Lebron brb 3.6 more assists per game. Kobe only knows how to shoot and loves scewing his team over. We all saw the last game brb shooting with 20 seconds on the clock cause I cant pass loooool.
Defense? Lebron faster, stronger, longer. can catch up with defenders, behind the back blocks. Less PF.
Making his team better? Lebron, look at JJ HIckson the guy is wanted by teams because of what Lebron made of him. Kobe made Pau Gasol, one of the best players in the NBA, worse.

Raping people? Kobe

Brb saying that Kobe is better with no proof because there isn't any. Its just lies delusional Kobe dick suckers tell themselves.

haters? Kobe

TheVM
06-26-2010, 10:15 AM
I like how no one even tries to argue with my statement. Where are the Kobe dick suckers when facts are brought out and not lies? No where.

ArchangelDante
06-26-2010, 10:18 AM
he wont be considered better than kome til he wins a ship and he wont win a ship unless he teams up with wade, however his ego is too big to fit in the heat locker room

SweatAndTears
06-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Raping people? Kobe

Lulz at rebounding, brb stealing the defensive rebounds so I can pad my stats. Kobe averages more off rebounds than Brick but he's 2 inches shorter. You mad?

sparkblade
06-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I like how no one even tries to argue with my statement. Where are the Kobe dick suckers when facts are brought out and not lies? No where.

Because this has been gone over millions of times. And there were no Lebron > Kobe or vice versa when the Cavs were ousted this year. These threads are old...

Mafiafolife77
06-26-2010, 11:07 AM
footwork wtf does that have to do with NBA this aint And1 son. Learn basketball.

Yeah idiots, learn basketball.

wait...

ChillNoWork
06-26-2010, 12:50 PM

Raping people? Kobe

Lebron James' Playoff Avgs.

G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG
71 71 43.5 0.459 0.316 0.743 1.4 7.0 8.4 7.3 1.6 1.0

TO PF PPG
3.73 2.39 29.3

Kobe's Playoff Avgs. (Excluding his first two years, cause he was benched and had a limited role)

165 148 39.4 0.453 0.342 0.815 1.0 4.1 5.4 5.4 1.7 0.9

TO PF PPG
2.94 3.21 29.7

So the fact that Lebron's a better shooter is completely stupid, cause first of all, he averages 45.9% from the field AFTER shooting fewer jumpers than Kobe. And, Kobe manages to score more with more playoffs games.

BUT NOW, the more important STAT

Lebron Playoff Record: 42-29 --59% Winning

Kobe Playoff Record: 117-48 --71% Winning

Lebron Playoff Series Record: 7-6

Kobe Playoff Series Record: 28-4

Lebron Finals: 1

Kobe Finals: 7

Lebron Championships: 0

Kobe Championships: 5

/thread

alarmist
06-26-2010, 01:11 PM
you put lebron on the lakers roster the last 2 seasons and they don't even make the finals

dtbrehm
06-26-2010, 01:26 PM
He will not be effective for as long as Kobe has. He relies on athleticism, has no post-game/fundamentals.

jakobi
06-26-2010, 01:47 PM
his stats would be down if he plays for the lakers....

you put lebron on the lakers roster the last 2 seasons and they don't even make the finals

TheVM
06-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Lebron James' Playoff Avgs.

71 71 43.5 0.459 0.316 0.743 1.4 7.0 8.4 7.3 1.6 1.0

TO PF PPG
3.73 2.39 29.3

Kobe's Playoff Avgs. (Excluding his first two years, cause he was benched and had a limited role)

165 148 39.4 0.453 0.342 0.815 1.0 4.1 5.4 5.4 1.7 0.9

TO PF PPG
2.94 3.21 29.7

So the fact that Lebron's a better shooter is completely stupid, cause first of all, he averages 45.9% from the field AFTER shooting fewer jumpers than Kobe. And, Kobe manages to score more with more playoffs games.

BUT NOW, the more important STAT

Lebron Playoff Record: 42-29 --59% Winning

Kobe Playoff Record: 117-48 --71% Winning

Lebron Playoff Series Record: 7-6

Kobe Playoff Series Record: 28-4

Lebron Finals: 1

Kobe Finals: 7

Lebron Championships: 0

Kobe Championships: 5

/thread

Wow you just proved my point if anything. Strong retard! Hey look at me Kobe is better because he scores .4 while shooting a lower percentage. Also having significantly less rebounds and assists!!!!!!!!! A LOT LESS! We talking about just best scorer or player? Player right? Kobe is a fkin joke.

One more thing, let me just go back and do this math for you ok. Kobe PPG in the playoffs: 27.6!! Thats not taking into account the first two seasons. Considering the fact that he played 20MPG in his second season playoffs while scoring only 8.6 points. That PPG should be even lower even if you double his MPG and PPG in his second season. Hey it aint my fault he sucked balls, deal with it Kobe dick rider.
Its sad that the numbers you made up for Kobe are still worse than Lebron's still. Maybe you should have thrown in some Assists and Rebounds once you stop dreaming that Kobe would be like Lebron.

So lets see here, so far you proved that Lebron is a better scorer, rebounder, and at getting assists (yea he fukin involves his team, your not used to that Laker huh?). Even when compared to the stats you wish Kobe had. Plus you proved you retard, might be why you keep thinking Kobe is better.

The only thing that Kobe is good at is riding on the coat tails of his team because he gets lucky that LA organization can get good players. Let look back to the years when he didn't have Shaq or 3 7-footers on his team. Who was struggling to get out of the first round? Well its your man Kobe. There is is a reason he whined and complained. There is a reason Phil Jackson said the guy was uncoachable. Kobe knew he couldn't carry a team past the first round and thats why he wanted a trade and cried all the time. Strong baby.

In the mean time Lebron was carrying his team to the NBA finals with a bunch scrubs like Ben Wallace, Wally Z, Sasha Pav, Gibson, Donyell Marshall. Some of these guys started and they don't even play anymore cause no one wants them/ they sit on the bench because they suck so much!!!!!

Don't throw achievments at me that were the product of other people and claim them as Kobe's. If Lebron had half as good team as Kobe, they would've swept through the playoffs. Lebron can do it ALL (not just one thing!) cause he is a GOAT. He is better then Kobe in every way! and he isn't even at his potential. LAWWWWL

Facts win over make belief numbers and wishes.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2v93r74.jpg

BrawnySwoleman
06-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Stopped reading here.

x2.

VernonWellsFargo
06-26-2010, 02:13 PM
why we still discussing lebron vs kobe? what has lebron done to prove/show he should even be in these talks? Dwade vs Kobe is much, much more valid/....

GPx
06-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow you just proved my point if anything. Strong retard! Hey look at me Kobe is better because he scores .4 while shooting a lower percentage. Also having significantly less rebounds and assists!!!!!!!!! A LOT LESS! We talking about just best scorer or player? Player right? Kobe is a fkin joke.

One more thing, let me just go back and do this math for you ok. Kobe PPG in the playoffs: 27.6!! Thats not taking into account the first two seasons. Considering the fact that he played 20MPG in his second season playoffs while scoring only 8.6 points. That PPG should be even lower even if you double his MPG and PPG in his second season. Hey it aint my fault he sucked balls, deal with it Kobe dick rider.
Its sad that the numbers you made up for Kobe are still worse than Lebron's still. Maybe you should have thrown in some Assists and Rebounds once you stop dreaming that Kobe would be like Lebron.

So lets see here, so far you proved that Lebron is a better scorer, rebounder, and at getting assists (yea he fukin involves his team, your not used to that Laker huh?). Even when compared to the stats you wish Kobe had. Plus you proved you retard, might be why you keep thinking Kobe is better.

The only thing that Kobe is good at is riding on the coat tails of his team because he gets lucky that LA organization can get good players. Let look back to the years when he didn't have Shaq or 3 7-footers on his team. Who was struggling to get out of the first round? Well its your man Kobe. There is is a reason he whined and complained. There is a reason Phil Jackson said the guy was uncoachable. Kobe knew he couldn't carry a team past the first round and thats why he wanted a trade and cried all the time. Strong baby.

In the mean time Lebron was carrying his team to the NBA finals with a bunch scrubs like Ben Wallace, Wally Z, Sasha Pav, Gibson, Donyell Marshall. Some of these guys started and they don't even play anymore cause no one wants them/ they sit on the bench because they suck so much!!!!!

Don't throw achievments at me that were the product of other people and claim them as Kobe's. If Lebron had half as good team as Kobe, they would've swept through the playoffs. Lebron can do it ALL (not just one thing!) cause he is a GOAT. He is better then Kobe in every way! and he isn't even at his potential. LAWWWWL

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2v93r74.jpg[IMG]

lmao so a guy that wears shirts that say "Check My $tats" and has been known around the league to play for personal stats....does indeed have the best personal stats?

Wow bro, you sure told us.

Ephedra
06-26-2010, 02:17 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/ephedra123/untitled-1.jpg

TheVM
06-26-2010, 02:20 PM
lmao so a guy that wears shirts that say "Check My $tats" and has been known around the league to play for personal stats....does indeed have the best stats? Oh and the best player in the world has 0 championships?

Wow bro, you sure told us.

Hey thanks, I am glad you agree with me. My points were all very valid and correct. Thanks for once again trying to use your opinion the slander one of the best team players in the NBA. Its rightly noted, laughed at, and discarded. Go through piece by piece what I said and tell me how I am wrong. Try it, I dare you. You can even make up stats for Kobe too, if you want, it seems its the only way you can even get him a bit closer to The King's level.

Stop posting your opinions and repeating things I already proved false.

Thats what I thought, nothing but crickets.

ArchangelDante
06-26-2010, 02:23 PM
This **** again?
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2237/aahe0978x10dwyanewadewi.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/aahe0978x10dwyanewadewi.jpg/)

kome and lebrick gtfo

Baller01
06-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Ignorance cannot be fought with.

Brb saying Lebron sucks because he has 0 championships even though he plays with some bummy ass scrubs.

Brb being Kobe and going 6 for 24 last game and still winning a championship because my team can bail me out.

Brb being Lebron and scoring 30+ points, rebound and assisting 8+ and then having an off day and my teammates can't do **** or bail me out and fail to reach double digit points and then having everyone say I chocked.

Strong ignorance itt. Kobe is great a solid player. But don't talk about championships when you have superior supporting casts around you ***got.

Haters gonna hate.

tonythetiger17
06-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Brb saying Lebron sucks because he has 0 championships even though he plays with some bummy ass scrubs.

Brb being Kobe and going 6 for 24 last game and still winning a championship because my team can bail me out.

Brb being Lebron and scoring 30+ points, rebound and assisting 8+ and then having an off day and my teammates can't do **** or bail me out and fail to reach double digit points and then having everyone say I chocked.

Strong ignorance itt. Kobe is great a solid player. But don't talk about championships when you have superior supporting casts around you ***got.

Haters gonna hate.

what about MJ having a top50 player along with multiple all-stars helping him out?

IllPhill
06-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Lebron's teammates weren't scrubs when they won the best record in the league 2 years in a row just sayin'...

alarmist
06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
lebron can't even take his team to the finals in the eastern conference with homecourt advantage lmao

justin8684
06-26-2010, 03:57 PM
So many of you people on here are dumb as ****ing test tube babies, you think everything is just all about stats and numbers. LeBron is a forward, he should average more rebounds. LeBron also has the ball in his hands as the creator and facilitator in Cleveland's offense on virtually every possession. I would hope he would average more assists when their offense is him iso'ing on every play.

Bottom line is that against the elite teams in a playoff series, that **** doesn't work. Those teams are too good and know what's coming. They can either take away LeBron and let his teammates get theirs, or they can let LeBron get his and take away his teammates. It's quite simple, and that's why his career record against 50+ win teams in the playoffs is absolutely putrid. With Kobe, you don't know what he's going to do from game to game, thus it makes him, and as a result, his team, much more difficult to prepare for because you're not going to see the same stuff as you did in the previous game.

justin8684
06-26-2010, 04:04 PM
I also don't get why people hold LeBron in such higher standing than Wade either.

Their regular season and playoff career stats are pretty much a wash, yet Wade has lead a team that was constructed very similarly to what the Cavs have been the past two seasons to a championship. Wade also had a severely out-gunned squad taking on Boston and he put up a much better showing than LeBron did with a team that was favored. Wade didn't quit and LeBron looked like there was a few times where he cashed it in during their series with the Celtics.

OH10
06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
lebron can't even take his team to the finals in the eastern conference with homecourt advantage lmao

you can blame his team for that

his sidekick is mo williams LOL

FGCHENG
06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
could it be that OP made this thread for the sole purpose of being repped by a high roller lebrick fan..

and he succeeded?

GPx
06-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey thanks, I am glad you agree with me. My points were all very valid and correct. Thanks for once again trying to use your opinion the slander one of the best team players in the NBA. Its rightly noted, laughed at, and discarded. Go through piece by piece what I said and tell me how I am wrong. Try it, I dare you. You can even make up stats for Kobe too, if you want, it seems its the only way you can even get him a bit closer to The King's level.

Stop posting your opinions and repeating things I already proved false.

Thats what I thought, nothing but crickets.

Stop posting my opinions?

lmao brah you just said Lebron was the GOAT. You should stop posting period.

sherm24
06-26-2010, 05:11 PM

what makes u think that? srs...i wanna hear it.....he'd avg 10+ assists with those two big men...

GPx
06-26-2010, 05:15 PM
what makes u think that? srs...i wanna hear it.....he'd avg 10+ assists with those two big men...

Triangle offense. No he wouldn't.

sherm24
06-26-2010, 05:18 PM

http://i46.tinypic.com/2v93r74.jpg

This x1000....whenever i watched a cleveland game this yr I never saw them compare kobe's numbers with Lebron..it was MJ and The big O....all time numbers

OH10
06-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Triangle offense. No he wouldn't.

lebron is one of the best passers in the game today and all with all that space, you're telling me he couldn't learn the triangle offense? lmfao

Scorpion613
06-26-2010, 07:18 PM
"Did you know that Tim Duncan -- the man that many consider the best player of the 2000s and the greatest power forward of all time -- averaged just 15 points a game in Games 3 and 4 of the 2005 Finals on 10-for-32 shooting? In the decisive Game 7, he went 10-for-27.

Do you remember that or do you remember that he won Finals MVP and his third ring? Do you remember that Duncan also went a combined 10-of-32 in the last two games of the 2007 Finals or do you remember that it was his fourth ring?"

We have forgotten, however, that in Game 5, at home with a chance to close out the Jazz, MJ shot 9-of-26, with four turnovers. We also don't remember that in the previous series against the Pacers, Jordan was just 9-for-25 in Game 7. We remember only the Bulls won and advanced to the Finals.

Do we remember that Jordan was 5-of-19, with five turnovers, in the decisive Game 6 of the 1996 Finals? Nope.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/vince_thomas/06/22/kobe.legacy/index.html

Every great player has a time where they struggle or have a bad game. 6/24 is irrelevant because the end result was a championship. The only thing worse than having an off night is NOT showing up to play like Lebron did in game 5 against the Celtics. Kobe may have done it in 07 against the suns, but since then has redeemed himself and won 2 rings.

MJ had Pippen, Bird had mchale and parish, magic had kareem and worthy, kobe had shaq, and now has gasol. Duncan had parker and ginoboli. I can go on forever about every championship team. Great players who are champions have great teammates, but carry the team mentally and physically during games. Kobe did it in the suns series and won that final game 6. He did it in the jazz series. He was hurt in the thunder series, and he won the finals mvp in the end.

Right now, regardless of teammates, Lebron is somehow able to win 60+ wins in the regular season, but cannot get the job done in the playoffs.

Let's examine some stats. Lebron scores more than Kobe and is a more efficient scorer, mainly because he gets a majority of his points in the paint. He rebounds more than kobe, yet somehow kobe averages more OFFENSIVE rebounds which are harder to get. Anyone can get a defensive rebound, especially when you don't have any dominant rebounders on the team. Also he is a bigger, stronger, more athletic player, and plays the SF/PF so he should get more rebounds, especially when 38 year old shaq and ilgauskas are the main rebounders on the team. He dishes more assists and is probably a better passer. Fact: no one who ever played in the triangle has averaged more than 6.7 APG. Jordan only averaged more than 6 APG TWICE in the triangle, and pippen only did it once. Kobe did it once. This is why the stats are the way they are. Can you prove me wrong?

When it's all said in done, if lebron and kobe continue on the pace they are at, kobe will be remembered as a 5+ time champion, and lebron will be remembered for stats. Based on that, you decide who is the better player.

VernonWellsFargo
06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
lebron is one of the best passers in the game today and all with all that space, you're telling me he couldn't learn the triangle offense? lmfao

you are an idiot, the triangle offense doesnt allow for someone to dominate the ball

Mickles
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Lebron - Athleticism
Kobe - Skill/Intelligence

/thread

They're both elite players

rebelprettyboy
06-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Bron nut huggers still make threads? Aint seen that guy on the since Early May...

How nvmd...

CaptainGorgeous
06-26-2010, 08:50 PM
The only thing that kome is STILL better at is shooting the ball, and even at that kome is just a streaky shooter......brick is better at EVERY OTHER THING THAT A BASKETBALL PLAYER DOES ON THE COURT......EVERY SKILL.....EVERY ABILITY......

once brick achieved the jumpshot.......discussion over.............AS IF IT IS NOT ALREADY OVER......

lol

SgSpartan
06-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Brb, same group of "scrubs" won the best regular season record.

Brb, hitting clutch shots and grabbing 15 rebounds as a SG and winning a championship.

Brb, averaging the most points throughout the series and getting blamed just because a game.

Brb, turning the ball over 9 times and not having the desire to have the ball in my hands in the deciding game.

Negatron617
06-26-2010, 10:04 PM
he maybe better than kobe if he develops both his outside game and mental aspect.............but right now no......he is not........better than kobe

yakusa
06-27-2010, 04:18 AM
"Did you know that Tim Duncan -- the man that many consider the best player of the 2000s and the greatest power forward of all time -- averaged just 15 points a game in Games 3 and 4 of the 2005 Finals on 10-for-32 shooting? In the decisive Game 7, he went 10-for-27.

Do you remember that or do you remember that he won Finals MVP and his third ring? Do you remember that Duncan also went a combined 10-of-32 in the last two games of the 2007 Finals or do you remember that it was his fourth ring?"

We have forgotten, however, that in Game 5, at home with a chance to close out the Jazz, MJ shot 9-of-26, with four turnovers. We also don't remember that in the previous series against the Pacers, Jordan was just 9-for-25 in Game 7. We remember only the Bulls won and advanced to the Finals.

Do we remember that Jordan was 5-of-19, with five turnovers, in the decisive Game 6 of the 1996 Finals? Nope.

Every great player has a time where they struggle or have a bad game. 6/24 is irrelevant because the end result was a championship. The only thing worse than having an off night is NOT showing up to play like Lebron did in game 5 against the Celtics. Kobe may have done it in 07 against the suns, but since then has redeemed himself and won 2 rings.

MJ had Pippen, Bird had mchale and parish, magic had kareem and worthy, kobe had shaq, and now has gasol. Duncan had parker and ginoboli. I can go on forever about every championship team. Great players who are champions have great teammates, but carry the team mentally and physically during games. Kobe did it in the suns series and won that final game 6. He did it in the jazz series. He was hurt in the thunder series, and he won the finals mvp in the end.

Right now, regardless of teammates, Lebron is somehow able to win 60+ wins in the regular season, but cannot get the job done in the playoffs.

Let's examine some stats. Lebron scores more than Kobe and is a more efficient scorer, mainly because he gets a majority of his points in the paint. He rebounds more than kobe, yet somehow kobe averages more OFFENSIVE rebounds which are harder to get. Anyone can get a defensive rebound, especially when you don't have any dominant rebounders on the team. Also he is a bigger, stronger, more athletic player, and plays the SF/PF so he should get more rebounds, especially when 38 year old shaq and ilgauskas are the main rebounders on the team. He dishes more assists and is probably a better passer. Fact: no one who ever played in the triangle has averaged more than 6.7 APG. Jordan only averaged more than 6 APG TWICE in the triangle, and pippen only did it once. Kobe did it once. This is why the stats are the way they are. Can you prove me wrong?

When it's all said in done, if lebron and kobe continue on the pace they are at, kobe will be remembered as a 5+ time champion, and lebron will be remembered for stats. Based on that, you decide who is the better player.

LOL OP got owned

u mad? repped

s0mechin0kid
06-27-2010, 04:54 AM

QFT
but OP u seriously gotta chill out, u should really reread ur posts and see how mad u sound... no hate , just sayin' brah

justin8684
06-27-2010, 05:41 AM
As far as rebounding numbers go, lets also not forget that Kobe plays on a team with three of the best rebounders in the league in Gasol, Odom, and Bynum; those three pulled down 2077 rebounds in 212 games combined this past season, 9.8 per game apiece on average. Cleveland's leading rebounder, Varejao, averaged just 7.7 boards per game this past season! Tough competition for LeBron there for the boards on his own team.

Also, when you go back and watch LeBron's games from his senior year of high school, all the announcers talk about how "unstoppable" he'll be once he develops a jumpshot, and now after seven years of competition and coaching at the NBA level, people still say the same thing. I'm leaning towards thinking that dream will NEVER come to fruition if it's been such an issue for that long.

Those documentaries & whatnot from high school also show LeBron as a bit of an immature goon in his approach to the game and how he conducts himself on the court. Strutting out and thinking he's the cat's meow and he can't be stopped, assuming he'll win by 40 just because, carrying on like a prima donna and wrapped up in sideshow antics throughout the course of a game. Acceptable behavior from an 18 year old, but a bit ridiculous that he still does it at 25 with 7 years of experience in the NBA.

justin8684
06-27-2010, 05:48 AM
Also, the reason why Kobe's team can overcome off nights from him and why Cleveland is unable to with LeBron is quite simple. Kobe plays within a structured, team oriented offense that doesn't live and die with one player. His team can survive him having off nights because everything is pretty much coming within the flow of the offense and other guys are still getting touches and attempts, and there is player movement throughout the course of most possessions.

With Cleveland, if LeBron is struggling to hit shots and is turning the ball over, their team is screwed because they live and die by him being the initiator and facilitator of their offense. Guys stand around and watch, go for long stretches without touching the ball and getting attempts, and basically get out of the flow of the game. That's what happens when one guy dominates the ball so much, it's very easy for the other guys to get out of sync. Charles Barkley has been saying that for YEARS now as it pertains to LeBron James, that his style of play as it stands right now will not win championships.

People can blame it on Mike Brown all they want, but anybody with a brain knows he was just a figure head in Cleveland and that LeBron was running the show and calling the shots. There is no way a competent NBA coach could continue to use that same flawed, proven to be unsuccessful offensive philosophy that many years in the playoffs and not learn anything from it. It would not be tolerated by management, but Mike Brown was a player's coach and let LeBron do what he wanted to do, and as long as he kept LeBron happy, he got to stick around. Simple as that!

TheVM
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
As far as rebounding numbers go, lets also not forget that Kobe plays on a team with three of the best rebounders in the league in Gasol, Odom, and Bynum; those three pulled down 2077 rebounds in 212 games combined this past season, 9.8 per game apiece on average. Cleveland's leading rebounder, Varejao, averaged just 7.7 boards per game this past season! Tough competition for LeBron there for the boards on his own team.
Also, when you go back and watch LeBron's games from his senior year of high school, all the announcers talk about how "unstoppable" he'll be once he develops a jumpshot, and now after seven years of competition and coaching at the NBA level, people still say the same thing. I'm leaning towards thinking that dream will NEVER come to fruition if it's been such an issue for that long.
Those documentaries & whatnot from high school also show LeBron as a bit of an immature goon in his approach to the game and how he conducts himself on the court. Strutting out and thinking he's the cat's meow and he can't be stopped, assuming he'll win by 40 just because, carrying on like a prima donna and wrapped up in sideshow antics throughout the course of a game. Acceptable behavior from an 18 year old, but a bit ridiculous that he still does it at 25 with 7 years of experience in the NBA.
I agree with you on the rebounds thing. This does help Lebron, but lets not forget that Antwan Jamison also averaged 7.7 rpg and that Shaq + Z get a lot of boards between their split times. Kobe has never really been that big of a rebounded tbh, he never even hit the 7rpg mark in his entire season (and thats including seasons without shaq and the big 7 footers). There is also so many rebounds a team can get, so one can argue that Lebron's teammates would get more rebounds playing with a player who isn't as good as rebounding as Lebron. But thats getting a little too complicated tbh.

I don't know if you actually watch Lebron play or not, guessing not, but his shooting has improved dramatically this season. The fact that he shot over 50% FG this season is attributed to his increase in shooting ability. I am not saying he is the next ray allen, but its blatantly getting better. Just like MJ, I am certain his shooting prowess will increase as he begins to slow down.

I watched the documentary too, and if anything it showed that he is a very dedicated person on court and that he works at his game like no other. In fact I don't know how you got another picture from those documentaries. He likes to goof off the court but that's cause he actually has a personality. I am 100% he is at least a bit self-centered, obviously, but what star isn't.

Also, the reason why Kobe's team can overcome off nights from him and why Cleveland is unable to with LeBron is quite simple. Kobe plays within a structured, team oriented offense that doesn't live and die with one player. His team can survive him having off nights because everything is pretty much coming within the flow of the offense and other guys are still getting touches and attempts, and there is player movement throughout the course of most possessions.

With Cleveland, if LeBron is struggling to hit shots and is turning the ball over, their team is screwed because they live and die by him being the initiator and facilitator of their offense. Guys stand around and watch, go for long stretches without touching the ball and getting attempts, and basically get out of the flow of the game. That's what happens when one guy dominates the ball so much, it's very easy for the other guys to get out of sync. Charles Barkley has been saying that for YEARS now as it pertains to LeBron James, that his style of play as it stands right now will not win championships.

People can blame it on Mike Brown all they want, but anybody with a brain knows he was just a figure head in Cleveland and that LeBron was running the show and calling the shots. There is no way a competent NBA coach could continue to use that same flawed, proven to be unsuccessful offensive philosophy that many years in the playoffs and not learn anything from it. It would not be tolerated by management, but Mike Brown was a player's coach and let LeBron do what he wanted to do, and as long as he kept LeBron happy, he got to stick around. Simple as that!
Once again, I don't know if you watch Cavs play basketball at all. I love Mike Brown, wish he wasn't fired. But he makes a lot of blatant mistakes, he calls timeouts at what seem like the worst times and doesn't call timeouts when it seems like the most obvious time to call them. His rotations are a little goofy and kind of suck. He is an awesome defense coach, but honestly he needs refinement in other areas. I think with a few years under his belt he will win a championship I really do. I mean he has only coached for 5 years, he should improve, but we will see.

The reason they are able to overcome nights and win without Kobe is cause he has an awesome team that carries him to victories. The point you made is a little stupid in my opinion. Kobe shoots the ball more than LBJ does, so how can his teammates all the sudden be getting less touches. Lets go back to the days when Kobe didn't have as many stars on his team, were they winning championships? No, they sucked more than LBJ's team who had even suckier players. Kobe loves shooting the ball even when he is cold as fuk, while Lebron knows how to actually find his teammates more when he is having a cold night. Lebron has some of the best court vision in the league, his teammates have great shots all the time. The reason his team can't win without him is because he is soooooo much better than the rest of his team. While Kobe has great teammates to pick up the pieces of un-Lebron like skills.

I mean the point that Phil Jackson > Mike Brown is true, I don't think one needs to even argue that.
Great idea listening to Barkley for advice ..... ehhhh

CarpeD1em500
06-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Is winning championships "AN ABILITY DONE ON THE BASKETBALL COURT"?

If so, you sir, fail.

TheVM
06-30-2010, 06:36 PM

OK dude I agree with you 100%, sort of. Yes Kobe has horrible nights so does Lebron. I mean we saw his last 3 games of the playoffs. I never seen someone lay down and just die like that on the floor. Every great player has horrible games, I don't care about that. That is not where I am getting my points from. Read what I said again, I made like one references that was really used to show an example of his love to shoot the ball even though he is having an abysmal night.
I agree every championship team needs a great team overall. The fact that Lebron is able to win so many games is weaker conference and his ability to play consistently every night. Last last season (2008-2009) was an anomaly, lets all be honest, no one even saw that coming. That was just everything going right. I agree this season was a disappointment (but like you said Kobe has been a let down before), but lets not go out and say that his team was somehow better than Kobe's it wasn't. Lebron wills his team to wins in the playoffs all the time (even this playoffs), if you watch the game and even go beyond his ridicules numbers, its easy to see. Watch the year the Cavs went to the finals, his stats were far from shiny, but he willed his team about as far as anyone could envision. Kobe has a hard time willing teams to the finals when his team isn't insanely good.... explain me that brb having trouble getting out of the first round.

Ok last paragraph jsut seemed like you were getting on Lebron's dick. Yes he is better at finishing at the rim. THAT IS WHY HE IS BETTER THAN KOBE. yes he is bigger, stronger, faster. THAT IS WHY HE IS BETTER PLAYER THAN KOBE.

He does deal more A LOT more assists. He has muuuuuuuch better court vision, comon you really going to argue this? Watch Kobe pass, watch Lebron pass. Its not even close. Lakers' have like only 7% less assts than the Cavs, the reason Kobe has so fewer assts is because you can't rely on him to pass as well as LBJ. Though I am sure it hurt his assist game to play in that offense, I am sorry he hasn't developed the skills LBJ has. Don't compare LBJ to MJ either, they are different players and looking at pre-triangle offense one can see that LBJ was a better passer than MJ. Plus MJ had Pippen to pass, who is passing for Kobe? BTW Pippen average 7APG in the triangle offense. Strong lie. I don't have to apologize that Kobe is not good enough passer to run the offense and can only score. Kobe loves shooting when he has a cold night, he is a shooter at heart. But he should pass more when he sucks, something Lebron is good at doing. BETTER PASSER IS WHY HE IS BETTER.

I responded to the rebound one in the previous post. In short, Kobe can't rebound well even when his seven footers and shaq wasn't around. Second of all you reaching for offensive rebounds is sad as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxxxxxxt. Hey look Kobe get .2 O boards more. Such a huge difference. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME KOBE HAS MORE O BOARDS PER GAME SINCE LBJs FIRST SEASON. that stat is so stupidly wrong and sad for you to attempt to prove something!!!! Rebounds are rebounds, you mad LBJ can out rebound Kobe anytime he wants.

Thanks for proving my point btw ^^^^^^

Now respond to my posts instead of running away! do it mf.

I love how Kobe dick riders are just throwing new stuff at me and I am running laps around them. But everyone is scared as **** to respond to my proof. Once again because I am right. Common someone quote my first and third posts, do it, dissect it!!! I have dared people blatantly when they negged me, but not one responded. Kind of funny isn't it that when push comes to shove that all the Kobe dick riders run away?

Scorpion613
06-30-2010, 07:24 PM
OK dude I agree with you 100%, sort of. Yes Kobe has horrible nights so does Lebron. I mean we saw his last 3 games of the playoffs. I never seen someone lay down and just die like that on the floor. Every great player has horrible games, I don't care about that. That is not where I am getting my points from. Read what I said again, I made like one references that was really used to show an example of his love to shoot the ball even though he is having an abysmal night.
I agree every championship team needs a great team overall. The fact that Lebron is able to win so many games is weaker conference and his ability to play consistently every night. Last last season (2008-2009) was an anomaly, lets all be honest, no one even saw that coming. That was just everything going right. I agree this season was a disappointment (but like you said Kobe has been a let down before), but lets not go out and say that his team was somehow better than Kobe's it wasn't. Lebron wills his team to wins in the playoffs all the time (even this playoffs), if you watch the game and even go beyond his ridicules numbers, its easy to see. Watch the year the Cavs went to the finals, his stats were far from shiny, but he willed his team about as far as anyone could envision. Kobe has a hard time willing teams to the finals when his team isn't insanely good.... explain me that brb having trouble getting out of the first round.

Ok last paragraph jsut seemed like you were getting on Lebron's dick. Yes he is better at finishing at the rim. THAT IS WHY HE IS BETTER THAN KOBE. yes he is bigger, stronger, faster. THAT IS WHY HE IS BETTER PLAYER THAN KOBE.

He does deal more A LOT more assists. He has muuuuuuuch better court vision, comon you really going to argue this? Watch Kobe pass, watch Lebron pass. Its not even close. Lakers' have like only 7% less assts than the Cavs, the reason Kobe has so fewer assts is because you can't rely on him to pass as well as LBJ. Though I am sure it hurt his assist game to play in that offense, I am sorry he hasn't developed the skills LBJ has. Don't compare LBJ to MJ either, they are different players and looking at pre-triangle offense one can see that LBJ was a better passer than MJ. Plus MJ had Pippen to pass, who is passing for Kobe? BTW Pippen average 7APG in the triangle offense. Strong lie. I don't have to apologize that Kobe is not good enough passer to run the offense and can only score. Kobe loves shooting when he has a cold night, he is a shooter at heart. But he should pass more when he sucks, something Lebron is good at doing. BETTER PASSER IS WHY HE IS BETTER.

I responded to the rebound one in the previous post. In short, Kobe can't rebound well even when his seven footers and shaq wasn't around. Second of all you reaching for offensive rebounds is sad as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxxxxxxt. Hey look Kobe get .2 O boards more. Such a huge difference. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME KOBE HAS MORE O BOARDS PER GAME SINCE LBJs FIRST SEASON. that stat is so stupidly wrong and sad for you to attempt to prove something!!!! Rebounds are rebounds, you mad LBJ can out rebound Kobe anytime he wants.

Thanks for proving my point btw ^^^^^^

Now respond to my posts instead of running away! do it mf.

I love how Kobe dick riders are just throwing new stuff at me and I am running laps around them. But everyone is scared as **** to respond to my proof. Once again because I am right. Common someone quote my first and third posts, do it, dissect it!!! I have dared people blatantly when they negged me, but not one responded. Kind of funny isn't it that when push comes to shove that all the Kobe dick riders run away?

First of all, your grammar sucks and makes what you write difficult to read. As for what I said about pippen, when you click on his career stats, for some reason it shows his PLAYOFF numbers first (http://cache.nba.com/playerfile/scottie_pippen/career_stats.html), and then his regular season numbers. For current players, it shows it to you the opposite way, so I was looking at the wrong numbers.

Your arguments are lame. Saying that Kobe is a bad rebounder because he never averaged 7 or more (although he did average 6.9). How many SHOOTING GUARDS average 7 RPG in the history of the nba? FACT = Bynum, Gasol, Odom = the best trio of rebounders in the nba. Look it up, these 3 combined average more than any other 3 players in the nba. You can make a logical analysis that it's tougher to rebound when you have 3 of the better guys in the league fighting for every rebound.

Go to NBA.com, check the top GUARD rebounders year by year, and you will see that almost every year, Kobe is in the top 5. Now, click on forwards, and SCROLL DOWN, and look for lebron. Kobe is a top 5 rebounder for his position, but he's a bad rebounder? I suppose that Shaq is a bad passer then, because he's never averaged 4 or more APG, right? :rolleyes:

Kobe has a hard time willing teams to the finals when his team isn't insanely good.... explain me that brb having trouble getting out of the first round.

Lame.... LBJ couldn't even get out of the second round, and has only beaten ONE 50+ win team in the playoffs for his CAREER. The lakers played the thunder and the cavs played the bulls. You are really arguing that Kobe is bad because they had a tough time beating the thunder? LOL.

BRB, winning back to back 60+ seasons and not getting to the finals. Brb, not showing up for game 5 against the celtics. Brb, winning 5 rings and 2 finals mvps.

I love how Kobe dick riders are just throwing new stuff at me and I am running laps around them. But everyone is scared as sh*t to respond to my proof.

Yea... I'm so "scared as sh*t" because you are posting non-sense. Get a life. :rolleyes:
*/thread*

TheVM
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
still waiting

JTrain306
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
still waiting for LeBron to win a ring

gonna be a while brah

thefederalist
02-15-2013, 05:54 PM
gonna be a while brah

u mad?