PDA

View Full Version : Another no hitter: All due to the tougher Sterioid policies

italican07
06-25-2010, 07:01 PM
MLB is getting stricter and stricter on steroids so most hitters have stopped taking them. It shows.

Let's be reality, the era of the pitcher has begun.

SteezeFactory
06-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, because steroids improve your ability to put the bat on the ball right?

George Costanza
06-25-2010, 07:04 PM

No but they can definitely improve your bat speed.

By a round of applause how do you feel?

TexasHeat
MLB is getting stricter and stricter on steroids so most hitters have stopped taking them. It shows.

let's be reality... you're an idiot.

count up all the no hitters and perfect games through the dead ball era and compare to now.

namean
Who threw the no hitter?

wsuwarrior
06-25-2010, 07:05 PM

Unless there were 27 strikeouts your logic is severely flawed.

WheyneNewton
06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
maybe they pitchers are taking more steroids than the batters and it's canceling out the batter's steroid use

(not srs)

endofdays89
06-25-2010, 07:07 PM

Agreed. The NL has been pathetic offensively this year. It's not just the ridiculous amount of no hitters already, but look at the home run totals.

bking10
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
i think the umps have widened the strike zone in an attempt to speed the game up. but it could also be because of roids

G0tMeWr0ng
06-25-2010, 07:14 PM
It's not just hitters that are effected by the stricter PED policies. Pitchers were/are taking PEDs just as much as hitters.

The two links are players that have been suspended for PEDs and the Mitchell Report. As you can see it wasn't just hitters using illegal PEDs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_suspended_fo r_performance-enhancing_drugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_named_in_the _Mitchell_Report

namean
06-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Who threw the no hitters phaggots!?

WheyneNewton
06-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Edwin Jackson of the dbacks, it's literally on the front page of espn.com brah, not like it's a secret

SteezeFactory
06-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Unless there were 27 strikeouts your logic is severely flawed.

If batters are getting sh*tty contact all game long steroids aren't going to help them much. I didn't tune in until the 4th or 5th inning and the hardest hit ball I saw all game was straight at mark reynolds. There rest were weak fly balls or ground outs. I won't argue with HR numbers being down because of stricter testing, but I don't think it's affecting no hitters/perfect games. When a pitcher is on like that steroids aren't going to help batters that can't square up the ball all game long.

sellihca
06-25-2010, 07:18 PM

edwin jackson

lol @ rays, they got no hit twice, one was a perfect game.

Uncontested
06-25-2010, 07:21 PM
edwin jackson

lol @ rays, they got no hit twice, one was a perfect game.

edit: nm hes a righty.

EHSTennis
06-25-2010, 07:40 PM
i swear, edwin is the most inconsistent pitcher ever. he can have nights like this, and then he can have nights where he goes 2.1 and gives up 10 like at the end of april this year

deeezyyy
06-25-2010, 07:43 PM
yeah edwin jackson **** yeah woo

wsuwarrior
06-26-2010, 06:03 AM
If batters are getting sh*tty contact all game long steroids aren't going to help them much. I didn't tune in until the 4th or 5th inning and the hardest hit ball I saw all game was straight at mark reynolds. There rest were weak fly balls or ground outs. I won't argue with HR numbers being down because of stricter testing, but I don't think it's affecting no hitters/perfect games. When a pitcher is on like that steroids aren't going to help batters that can't square up the ball all game long.

If you dont think stronger players and harder hit balls increase the likelihood for more hits then you are a retard, end of story.

headinahole
06-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Lolololololololol