PDA

View Full Version : Why are lefty batters worse against lefty pitchers than rightys? Reps.

DominationStation
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Basically, I'm a righty batter and I could never figure out why lefty batters are so bad against lefty pitchers when righty batters don't have a huge problem with righty pitchers. Is it just b/c there are so many more righty pitchers in the game, so therefore it is more difficult for lefty batters to get used to a lefty pitcher? Or am I missing something obvious.

Reps.

vudoodoodoo
06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
i think it has something do w/ the angle the ball is coming in, idunno lol

Animal_Strength
06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Basically, I'm a righty batter and I could never figure out why lefty batters are so bad against lefty pitchers when righty batters don't have a huge problem with righty pitchers. Is it just b/c there are so many more righty pitchers in the game, so therefore it is more difficult for lefty batters to get used to a lefty pitcher? Or am I missing something obvious.

Reps.

your thoughts are the only plausible reason. righty hitters are already used to seeing righty batters so more often than not they do not have a huge problem with it. lefty batters however are also used to righty batters and have to adjust to not seeing the ball for a breaking pitch.

CobyWan
06-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Besides the fact lefties get to face right handed pitchers more often and have accustomed their swings to them. And they are used to the ball breaking towards them.

When a left handed hitter faces a left handed pitcher he has to protect the inside of the strikezone. Which leaves him more susceptible to curbeballs and sliders breaking away.

bustermac
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM

You DO know. Angle.

4thelvofthegme
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
not as many lefties to face. curveball breaks away, and often times pick up the ball later than a righty

sohard88
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Its simply the angle its just much harder to hit a ball that starts off inside and then goes over the plate, it also feels like your going to get hit too. Im left handed and hated facing lefty pitchers, was never great at hitting. I was a Pitcher.

sups31
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Harder to pick up the release point. Against a righty you have a 'window' so to speak.

tarheelblue0378
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM

this, can see the release better

4thelvofthegme
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Harder to pick up the release point. Against a righty you have a 'window' so to speak.

righty vs righty there is the same window though. so i dont see how that makes a difference lefty on lefty