PDA

View Full Version : I just had some delicious Domino's Pizza!

pbodie89
06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Mmm....just had 5 slices of ham/pineapple pizza with a few cinnastix (no icing) and it was GOOD! Calculated right around 2100 calories, and I had about 700-800 earlier. My calculated metabolic rate is right around 2400-2700 (I walk a LOT, lift weights, play basketball), so I'm not too worried about the calories...it was worth it! :)

As a side note, I haven't had many designated "cheat" days...typically I consume 1500-1800 calories/day with ~100g protein and minimal fat. How much benefit is there to a "cheat" meal once/week? Does it help progress weight loss, or is it merely a mental thing?

bstregs
06-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I feel like it's a mental thing. I look forward to it all week, then after, I feel like I need to 'catch up' for all the sins I committed over the weekend.

Shr3dJunki3
06-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Or you could have 2 slices everyday o_O

03Venomous
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
I feel like it's a mental thing. I look forward to it all week, then after, I feel like I need to 'catch up' for all the sins I committed over the weekend.Catching up on sins huh?

Nvm. . . nvm

Er. . . . yeah, nvm

wait. . . wut?

pbodie89
06-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Or you could have 2 slices everyday o_O

Hah, very true, and that's what I'll do with the leftovers (280 cal/slice, not too bad).

I've already lost a lot of weight and have been working out hard lately, figured I'd earned a break :D. Especially considering the way I used to eat...I wouldn't have felt at all bad about this (or wouldn't count the calories).

phillipinoc
06-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I think its good to enjoy a snack like that now and then but dang it really mentally wrecks me when I do it.

I know that I lift weights like a MF'er. I'm 350lbs and I can eat just about anything I want and lose a couple lbs a week. But far too often a little snack like some pizza turns into an entire pizza, bread sticks, a 2 liter, wings, brownies etc... in one meal lol.

I've been watching my sodium levels, blood pressure, and calories alot more but sometimes these snacks kill me. I think its the same kinda thing where I have a buddy who smokes now and then, he never gets to that pack a day addiction. I smoked for 10+ years and if I have 1 cigarette it would be over.

addictive personalities can be a B

Moral of the story, make sure its just once in a while

Leon2006
06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Mmm....just had 5 slices of ham/pineapple pizza with a few cinnastix (no icing) and it was GOOD! Calculated right around 2100 calories, and I had about 700-800 earlier. My calculated metabolic rate is right around 2400-2700 (I walk a LOT, lift weights, play basketball), so I'm not too worried about the calories...it was worth it! :)

As a side note, I haven't had many designated "cheat" days...typically I consume 1500-1800 calories/day with ~100g protein and minimal fat. How much benefit is there to a "cheat" meal once/week? Does it help progress weight loss, or is it merely a mental thing?

OMG HOW WEIRD MAN! I did the same thing today! I bought 2 dominos pizza's and to be honest there are only 6 pieces left of that pizza.... oh well it was my 1 cheat day... I won't be doing this again for another 3 or 4 months. Reason why I did this was because I kinda screwed up my metabolic rate of losing fat, meaning I slowed it down... so I am just doing a major carb load, then going back to a fixed super low carb, high fat, high protein diet. I be burning like nothing this week :)

metroins
06-20-2010, 08:31 PM
addictive personalities can be a B

Moral of the story, make sure its just once in a while

Get addicted to health food and calorie counting. Put the addictiveness to good use!

Kmart23
06-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Simply put, the more cheat meals, the slower your weight loss, but to keep you from totally giving up, 2 or 3 cheat meals per week is advised. otherwise people can just go **** it, and go off their diet totally.

keep it clean 90-95% of the time. If you are a freak, keep it clean 100% of the time, but I can't do it, and don't recommend doing it.

Cheat meals are what keep us sane!!!!

Shr3dJunki3
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Why not just eat pizza every day and lose fat while youre at it? It can be done. Heck I had pizza today, just not the whole pie, coincedentally there was pineapple on it o_o, whats going on here.

Oh side note, have "cheat" foods every day and you wont feel so deprived on your cut ;) in the long run I highly believe it pays off.

SlimmJimm
06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I can't cheat. The biggest cheat I have is eating a bowl of oatmeal cereal during a keto diet. I owe it to myself to get back into shape. My previous muscle loss was too depressing.

Demagogue28
06-20-2010, 09:01 PM
If I cheat I do it on big lifting days but I simply don't have the will power to eat oatmeal 3 times a day or the time to cook so I get by as I can.

schnell123
06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I save my "cheat meal" of the week for thursdays. Burn notice + Buffalo wild wings. It still isn't too bad, and calorie wise fits into my day like any other day of my cut but just deep fried guilt afterward.

03Venomous
06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I save my "cheat meal" of the week for thursdays. Burn notice + Buffalo wild wings. It still isn't too bad, and calorie wise fits into my day like any other day of my cut but just deep fried guilt afterward.Buffalo wild wings? When I go there it takes me half an hour to decide which of the 14 sauces I want LOL.

Shr3dJunki3
06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I save my "cheat meal" of the week for thursdays. Burn notice + Buffalo wild wings. It still isn't too bad, and calorie wise fits into my day like any other day of my cut but just deep fried guilt afterward.

Burn notice =D

JeffyDOS
06-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Why not just eat pizza every day and lose fat while youre at it? It can be done. Heck I had pizza today, just not the whole pie, coincedentally there was pineapple on it o_o, whats going on here.

Oh side note, have "cheat" foods every day and you wont feel so deprived on your cut ;) in the long run I highly believe it pays off.

Exactly what I do. I eat fast food when I feel like it. Which is about 3-4 times a week. I'm still leaning out.

Forty0zFreedom
06-21-2010, 07:12 AM
2,3,4 times a week? Wow. I thought I was pushing it with 1 time a week.

I love the cheat meal, but when I do it, its like 2,000-2,500 calories easily. Yesterday for lunch I went to this AWESOME burger place. BBQ wing appetizer (had 3 pcs), big burger, ton of fries.

Before I started counting calories I would have assumed that was 1,000-1,500 calories . . its easily 2500, maybe more.

glen666
06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
I feel like it's a mental thing. I look forward to it all week, then after, I feel like I need to 'catch up' for all the sins I committed over the weekend.

I used to do this when cutting.

uracowman
06-21-2010, 08:20 AM

this is exactly the reason why I hate cheating.