PDA

View Full Version : Learning Nutrition...Help?

tshives06
06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm a complete noob, and I've been reading tons of threads and so much of this stuff mixes me up. In the most dumbest words and easiest way to understand something, please fill me in on these 2 things.

A) If I'm trying to gain weight/muscle? How should my nutrition look?
B) If I'm trying to get ripped and tone the muscle I gained, what should my nutrition look like?

Thanks,
Tyler

bmay2
06-20-2010, 05:55 AM
A) Calorie surplus with protein intake = 1 g/lb target bodyweight
B) Calorie deficit with protein intake = 1 g/lb target bodyweight

Shr3dJunki3
06-20-2010, 05:58 AM
A) Calorie surplus with protein intake = 1 g/lb target bodyweight
B) Calorie deficit with protein intake = 1 g/lb target bodyweight

haha this is it right here.

ANaRCHY666
06-20-2010, 05:59 AM
top of the page theres a thread thats called fat loss for noobs read it! learn it! live it!

tshives06
06-20-2010, 09:04 AM
top of the page theres a thread thats called fat loss for noobs read it! learn it! live it!

I did read it before I posted this. So 1 g/lb target bodyweight ( is this of my bodyweight? ) This is where I'm getting confused in this equation. Even called my wife in here to read the equation. I'm really confused lol.

Vietgoboi
06-20-2010, 09:07 AM
I did read it before I posted this.Read the whole thread, I'm sure you ain't the first w/ questions.

So 1 g/lb target bodyweight ( is this of my bodyweight? ) This is where I'm getting confused in this equation.Ain't set in stones.

Depends on how fat you currently are, if your obese, you can get away w/ 1g per lean body mass.

Do google small terms ^

Even called my wife in here to read the equation. I'm really confused lol.
WOW ^

Read this too.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

snorkelman
06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
in that equation, the word "target" is the bodyweight that you realistically will obtain in 3-6 months. So, if your goal is to be 10 pounds heavier or lighter, that is how it factors in. As you can see, it is going to be pretty close to your current bodyweight. Basically you eat the same foods, just different quantities.