PDA

View Full Version : legs

tattoo
11-06-2001, 06:54 PM
I know that one cant spot reduce but is anyone have a good exercise or tip to reduce inner thigh
fat. I am pretty lean everywhere but this always has been a troubled area...

RickyNZ
11-06-2001, 08:24 PM
Yeah ur right, it's not really possible (if at all possible) to spot reduce.

Are you as lean as you think (not saying you're spinning ****e), but perhaps u are not as lean as you could be?

Do you do any specific exercises for ur inner thigh area. There are some machines around that target that area ie One that concentrates on inner thigh, and one the outer (I forget the correct name for the muscle group(s)!) - perhaps working that area specifically may tone the muscles to give more shape ie musclular looking shape..

I'm not saying that using these machines is going to burn fat from that area (because it's hardly cardio). I'm not an expert on metabolism, but maybe stimulating muscles in that area more, may induce that muscle group to derive energy from the surrounding fat stores? But thats me assuming muscles get their energy from near sources of fat, which I am not sure about - I am more inclined to assume any fat in the body is an energy store for any muscle group that requires it, which makes more sense.

I'm reasonbly built in the legs and upper body, and have similar stats to you (5'10, 195 pounds), and do hold a little more fat around my inner thigh, but have always thought thats just the nature of my build - and it's not excessive if at all noticable. It's pretty firm rather than soft in that area anyway, so I'm not that concerned..

Probably havn't answered ur question dude, but it's a perspective to think and have an opinion on!

CU

cowboy3
11-08-2001, 05:35 PM
One thing that helped but is no magic cure is I wear spandex thermal fleece shorts [the rubbery type] when I workout in sports or otherwise, those thermal tight shorts [black] raise your body temperature in that area to 101 degrees or better , heat melts fat or at least softens it as well as as thins your blood as to allow it to flow more freely.
That one last step helped get rid of my thigh, crotch and pubic area fat. But be prepaired to sweat like the dickens with them on.
However, it is a natural cure never the less. I am no muscle bound jock [though it would be nice] But considering I was a fat slob 6 months ago I am not complaining.

Dorian
11-08-2001, 07:41 PM
avant labs Par deus is coming out with a topical that supposed to work for spot reduction

Quiet Storm
11-08-2001, 08:05 PM
avant labs is ****in expensive!