PDA

View Full Version : dietician???

DubyaAye
06-14-2010, 09:41 AM
a few months back i had a orthoscopic surgery on my shoulder and a slight herinated disc on my back. so i havn't been able to exercise much.all i've been doing is eating and can't workout as much cus of my injuries. one of my friend suggest i see a dietician so that way i can eat healthier. my question is, is it worth my money to go see a dietician or its the same to search online and save me some money?

Nuwin
06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
All of the information you need is out there. It may be difficult to weed out the junk information from the good however.

And there is no guarantee the dietitian will be educated to help you with your goals. They may be of the type to get you on RDA minimums and call it a day.

Are you motivated to do it yourself or do you prefer someone else do it for you? Only you can accurately place value on your time and money.

DubyaAye
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
All of the information you need is out there. It may be difficult to weed out the junk information from the good however.

And there is no guarantee the dietitian will be educated to help you with your goals. They may be of the type to get you on RDA minimums and call it a day.

Are you motivated to do it yourself or do you prefer someone else do it for you? Only you can accurately place value on your time and money.

I'm motivate to do it but i just need a headstart

saidmusician
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
a few months back i had a orthoscopic surgery on my shoulder and a slight herinated disc on my back. so i havn't been able to exercise much.all i've been doing is eating and can't workout as much cus of my injuries. one of my friend suggest i see a dietician so that way i can eat healthier. my question is, is it worth my money to go see a dietician or its the same to search online and save me some money?

There are plenty of good resources out there. A few suggested good reads:

Power Eating - by Dr. Susan M. Kleiner

This book has the building block material you need to understand nutrition. Excellent recommendation for anybody - not just a bodybuilder.

http://www.drskleiner.com/books_products.html

Also, please pick up "Food Rules" and for something a bit more in depth, "In Defense of Food", both by Michael Pollan. You will learn so much about the foods we eat.

I think Michael's stuff comes in audio book as well... he's at the top of my list for great food writers.