PDA

View Full Version : With a 15% of bodyfat, what if i start Bulking

shandxb
06-14-2010, 05:06 AM
Hi,

I read few posts, in which they mention that "with a 15-16% bodyfat, one can start bulking and while they hit the gym everyday and eat clean, they will eventually cut that bodyfat... whereas in few other posts, i read people insisting that cut your bodyfat upto 10-12% and then bulk...

which statement is more accurate, i was willing to bulk if the first statement stands true.

Thanks very much.

jay24k
06-14-2010, 05:53 AM
You aren't going to cut fat while bulking unless you are doing a recomp plan that has it built in to it.

Bulking = adding calories over maintenance which means muscle and fat gain. Even eating completely lean will yield some fat.

Many people do a recomp and bulk for a few months and cut for a few weeks. So if you are 180lb, you could bulk till about 200. If you did it clean, maybe you have 6 to 7 pounds of fat. Then you could cut for a couple weeks and go at it again.

There is also another method I've seen successful on here and that is 20/10 recomp. Bulk 20 days and cut 10.

Obviously either way, if you bulk clean and 500 to 1000 over maintenance, you will see minimal fat gains.

boogie102786
06-14-2010, 07:20 AM
There is also another method I've seen successful on here and that is 20/10 recomp. Bulk 20 days and cut 10.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4708463&highlight=vipergq

I've been wanting to try this for a while now. Might actually give it a go pretty soon.