PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand... Help Please

ECU_Pirate1990
06-12-2010, 10:29 AM
In the past two weeks I've weighed in at 205lbs both weigh in days and it started to get a little frustrating. My weigh in's are on Fridays and yesterday morning seeing 205 again pissed me off. Hadn't had a cheat meal/day in a few weeks so I decide to get rid of this frustration I'm going to enjoy myself for a day.

Breakfast:
Protein shake w/skim milk

Lunch:
6" turkey sub on wheat, mustard, lett, tomato, onions, pickles, jalapenos, banana peppers, oil and vin, spices

After lunch I lifted 1 hr and did 1 hr cardio and went to the pool with my buddies and drank about 10 beers and ate 2 oranges and 2 servings of pretzels.

Dinner: Buddies and I cooked philly cheesesteaks at my place. Ate about 9 inches of a footlong sub, white bread.

On my cut I'm eating 1400-1700 calories a day. Yesterday I consumed around 3000-3500 calories. Wake up to see how much weight I gained and I weighed in at 202 lbs.

My question is how do I not drop a pound for a week when I stay strict (1400-1700 cals, lifting 1 hr and cardio 1 hr daily) yet after my cheat day I lost weight?

sureshk
06-12-2010, 10:33 AM
make sure you measure yourself the same time/day each week, and preferably after taking a pee/poo after waking. that way you get consistent results. Maybe you didn't do something you did the week before so your weight was higher?

KarateChris
06-12-2010, 10:35 AM
First off, your daily calories are WAAAAAY too few. You weigh 205 lbs and you're eating less calories than I did right before my show when I was 19 yo and I weighed 160 lbs. Second, if you're failing to lose weight, the last thing you want to do is have a cheat day... you put in refeed days after having gone weeks of dieting and your metabolism slows down.

How did you lose weight the day after eating that much? I have no clue. But I'd be willing to bet if you weighed 205 lbs one day and the next day you were 202 lbs, it's ALL water weight fluctuating.

ECU_Pirate1990
06-12-2010, 10:39 AM
First off, your daily calories are WAAAAAY too few. You weigh 205 lbs and you're eating less calories than I did right before my show when I was 19 yo and I weighed 160 lbs. Second, if you're failing to lose weight, the last thing you want to do is have a cheat day... you put in refeed days after having gone weeks of dieting and your metabolism slows down.

How did you lose weight the day after eating that much? I have no clue. But I'd be willing to bet if you weighed 205 lbs one day and the next day you were 202 lbs, it's ALL water weight fluctuating.

I only record my weight once a week but weigh myself every morning after my shower. I've weighed the exact same weight 205lbs every single morning. I've gone from 235 to 205 so far and have another 30 at least to go. I haven't had a refeed day so maybe yesterday is considered a refeed day? Should I up my calories to 2000 and see if that helps? I was doing great and just kind of plateaued the past 2 weeks. Check my sig for progress

terracotta
06-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Weight changes depending on lots of things, and you shouldn't necessarily expect it to go down every week. Get out a measuring tape and put your measurements into bodyspace every week so you can compare them.

KarateChris
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I only record my weight once a week but weigh myself every morning after my shower. I've weighed the exact same weight 205lbs every single morning. I've gone from 235 to 205 so far and have another 30 at least to go. I haven't had a refeed day so maybe yesterday is considered a refeed day? Should I up my calories to 2000 and see if that helps? I was doing great and just kind of plateaued the past 2 weeks. Check my sig for progress

After several weeks of dieting, certain hormone levels (leptin) that help with lipolysis decrease and your metabolism begins to slow down. Having refeed days is one of the methods you can use to shock your metabolism back into it. I rather carb cycling. Having high, medium, and low carb days. For example, have 1-2 high carb days, 2-3 medium carb days and the rest low carb days. Play around with it and see what works.

Point is, your metabolism slows down over time while dieting and you have to change things up to continue to lose weight. I recommend carb cycling.

ECU_Pirate1990
06-12-2010, 08:59 PM
After several weeks of dieting, certain hormone levels (leptin) that help with lipolysis decrease and your metabolism begins to slow down. Having refeed days is one of the methods you can use to shock your metabolism back into it. I rather carb cycling. Having high, medium, and low carb days. For example, have 1-2 high carb days, 2-3 medium carb days and the rest low carb days. Play around with it and see what works.

Point is, your metabolism slows down over time while dieting and you have to change things up to continue to lose weight. I recommend carb cycling.

could someone explain carb cycling to me in greater depth and outline a decent schedule for me. I do a five day rotation, 4 days heavy lifting with cardio and 1 rest day then repeat.