PDA

View Full Version : lose weight fast

critterbug
06-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Apparently, if you burn 3500 calories of lean muscle, you'll lose 6 pounds. Wow. I'd no idea how much easier it was to lose weight in muscle. Does make quick weight loss seem quite ominous.

Another interesting [and relevant, to me] point: people who are more overweight are 'safer' at a larger calorie deficit. This is kinda a given, but it's nice to see it in writing.

Check out the article (a Tom Venuto read) if you want to read the whole goods:
http://www.submityourarticle.com/articles/Tom-Venuto-367/calories-20436.php

th3pwn3r
06-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Apparently, if you burn 3500 calories of lean muscle, you'll lose 6 pounds. Wow. I'd no idea how much easier it was to lose weight in muscle. Does make quick weight loss seem quite ominous.

Another interesting [and relevant, to me] point: people who are more overweight are 'safer' at a larger calorie deficit. This is kinda a given, but it's nice to see it in writing.

Check out the article (a Tom Venuto read) if you want to read the whole goods:
http://www.submityourarticle.com/articles/Tom-Venuto-367/calories-20436.php

The only problem is that the rates at which muscle and fat are lost based upon X individual on Y diet and Z training aren't known. This is why you see the word "tend" being used as those statements don't exactly apply to everyone. There's only one way to know what will happen per individual and that's through trial.

Ronin45
06-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I keep seeing everything with fat people lose it faster. All I am reminded is that like most American thinking we all want our fat asses to be skinny ASAP. Well my friends I think we should concentrate on doing it the right way the first time. Too much concern about the end result and no one takes the steps to get there. If we follow the basics all our end results will be the same!

critterbug
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I keep seeing everything with fat people lose it faster. All I am reminded is that like most American thinking we all want our fat asses to be skinny ASAP. Well my friends I think we should concentrate on doing it the right way the first time. Too much concern about the end result and no one takes the steps to get there. If we follow the basics all our end results will be the same!

Dude. You totally missed the point. To make it really obvious, the point is this: If you seem to be losing more than you can account for, it's probably muscle.

I just like to occasionally threaten myself with the ol' "What if you got what you thought you wanted..."