PDA

View Full Version : started cutting 2 weeks ago, gained 5 pounds

jestros
05-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Pretty funny huh?
Last summer when I cut I ate hardly anything, lost lots of weight muscle and strength. It was pretty depressing. Lots of hard work down the toilet.
So this time I decieded I wouldnt eat any less than normal, just eat clean (with a cheat day). But two weeks in, and Im up 5 pounds! I didnt gain that much when I was trying to bulk!

Ashkon
05-10-2003, 10:16 PM
ok buddy
ROFLMFAO!

wildman536
05-11-2003, 12:40 AM
hmmmmm whats your Cheat Day look like?

Ashkon
05-11-2003, 12:41 AM
hahah dis is halerious...

jestros
05-11-2003, 12:29 PM
cheat day is like usual, except dinner. One of my favorites is spagetti with sausage, lots o french bread, salad. Some candy for desert.

a typical day would be
6am oatmeal w/milk and protien powder, multi vitamin
9am chicken breast w/ veggies
11am can of tuna, banana
1pm protien bar
3:45pm yogurt
5pm after workout shake: grape juice, protien powder, water, half a bagel
6pm chicken, soy beans, brocilli, potatoe, lots of skim milk
8pm milk, carrots
945pm cottage cheese, vit. E and C

Frosty908
05-12-2003, 12:15 AM
1. It doesn't look too bad, however that is hard to tell without accurate measurements (ie "lots" of skim milk). How much do you eat in that cheat meal?
2. Are you on any cardio program?
3. I assume you left out alot of the fluid you drink in a day, if not...*passes over a jug of water* start drinking.

jestros
05-12-2003, 12:16 PM
1. I eat big portions, I don't have a food scale, and weighing everything before I eat it doesnt sound like fun.
2. umm, yeah, maybe I should do some cardio
3. I drink around a gallon of water a day

Tamacracker
05-12-2003, 04:21 PM
hm... drop the milk, or atleast drink less "skim" milk, and small portions, just eat slow... let your stomach tell you when you're just filled. Drink around 2 gallons of water. Do atleast 30 minutes of runnin, or a sport for atleast 1 hour. And there's no such thing as a cheat "day" it's more like a cheat meal, which would mean you rather have a dessert, or somethin you love such as 2-3 slices of pizza or a small plate of pasta. Stay away from cheese, and starch such as bread (except for whole wheat), bagels, and tortillas. THe oatmeal, are you makin it with water or milk? Try to take the liking of makin oatmeal with water, and instead of usin sugar use equal or what ever that generic sugar is.

I eat 6 meals a day which mainly consist of protein, at first my stomach would feel like crap... but after a few days it finally stayed in my system and accepted it. Even though I think I need more protein intake... There's some one in here that is inducin
around 200-300 grams of protein a day... I wish I knew what their diet looked like.

Also you should try not to eat any later than 8 pm... usually try to stick to no after than 6 pm. If you do tend to eat kinda late, then do cardio in the mornin before eatin just drink a protein shake and your good to go... Also what I got my body trained to do is runnin 1 hour on the weekends in the mornin. And make sure to sleep for atleast 8 hours, let your body fully recharge for the next day.
You can easily gain 5 lbs. by eatin heavy meals, fatty meals, and especially really late like around 10 pm and then go to sleep afterwords... then you're screwed and you have to work extra hard. I learned the hard way.... now I know better!

And the very last thing... if you feel hunger late at night when it's almost time to go to bed, just drink atleast 2 cups of ice cold water, this fills your stomach and takes the hunger atleast a lil bit away and helps you to go to bed.
Other than that you're doin good player!

P.S. Hope this helps curve your cuttin
-Dan

Chuwawa
05-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Tamacracker
h
Also you should try not to eat any later than 8 pm... usually try to stick to no after than 6 pm.

Bad advice. Eat your cottage cheese.

str8flexed
05-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tamacracker

Also you should try not to eat any later than 8 pm... usually try to stick to no after than 6 pm. If you do tend to eat kinda late, then do cardio in the mornin before eatin just drink a protein shake and your good to go... Also what I got my body trained to do is runnin 1 hour on the weekends in the mornin. And make sure to sleep for atleast 8 hours, let your body fully recharge for the next day.
You can easily gain 5 lbs. by eatin heavy meals, fatty meals, and especially really late like around 10 pm and then go to sleep afterwords... then you're screwed and you have to work extra hard. I learned the hard way.... now I know better!

And the very last thing... if you feel hunger late at night when it's almost time to go to bed, just drink atleast 2 cups of ice cold water, this fills your stomach and takes the hunger atleast a lil bit away and helps you to go to bed.
Other than that you're doin good player!

P.S. Hope this helps curve your cuttin
-Dan

this is terrible advice

derekmac
05-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by str8flexed
this is terrible advice

Bump.

Tamacracker
05-12-2003, 06:56 PM
hm... funny nutritionist recommended it for me atleast... dont understand wtf is the prob.
explain where there's a **** up on this... please.

jestros
05-12-2003, 10:00 PM
They are probably thinking that going that long without food is going to burn muscle.
If I didnt eat from 6pm to 6am, thats 12 hours. Like I said in the first post, I am real nervous about wasting muscle. I bust so much ass all year, I really dont want to waste the gains I've made.
I think I need to follow some of the points made though, when I cheat, I'll have to do it smarter.
And I do need to start some kind of cardio. I havent done any for 6 months or so. I tell you what, trying to run when you dont have endurance is pretty rough.
Thanks for the help everyone