PDA

View Full Version : DROGBA BREAKS ARM...Not likely to make world cup!!!! (srs)

Euro_Brah
06-04-2010, 07:59 AM
awesome news!

TML67
06-04-2010, 08:01 AM
awesome news!

Contrairement à ce qu'il nous avait annoncé initialement, Didier Drogba n'est pas forfait pour la Coupe du monde. L'attaquant ivoirien, qui s'est fracturé ce vendredi le cubitus lors du match amical contre le Japon (2-0), a finalement décidé de se faire opérer. Le joueur, percuté par le défenseur central japonais Tulio à la 19e minute, pense ainsi être opérationnel dans dix jours. Il pourrait ainsi participier au premier match des Eléphants le 15 juin contre le Portugal.

He's going to play

Lovetodream
06-04-2010, 08:01 AM
meh not really

you want to watch the best players play

drewh4386
06-04-2010, 08:10 AM
yeah. I wanted to see how Brazil's back 4 and Julio handled Drogba. :-|

:-/

cottage_cheese
06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
If the PL was still in progress that would be good news but at the WC I wan't to see the best

Mac_xX
06-04-2010, 08:24 AM
You need an arm to play soccer?

mr_ben
06-04-2010, 08:26 AM
so? he's in ivory coast brah.

SwagMorris
06-04-2010, 08:31 AM

This. Further proof that soccer player are pussies

SpartacusJones
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM

Need two arms to properly sell the flop brah.

Mj23foreva
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
damn that sucks, you want to see the best players play

Mj23foreva
06-04-2010, 08:44 AM

yea dik, you need arms for positioning and throw ins, just like any other physical sport.

tmc.
06-04-2010, 09:00 AM
arms are used more in soccer than in basketball, it's a much more physical sport

SwagMorris
06-04-2010, 09:18 AM
arms are used more in soccer than in basketball, it's a much more physical sport

I usually agree with your posts, but this one I do not follow

smith197
06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
FUUUU that sucks, I think he might still play though, Drogba's pretty tough.

BloodRush
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM

......What is this I don't even.

Anyway, arms are important for balance in soccer. Plus, it's not fun running around with a broken arm.

tmc.
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I usually agree with your posts, but this one I do not follow

I've played both my whole life very competitively. Basketball is more about body positioning than arms. You can't play defense using your arms anymore in basketball because everything is a touch foul. In soccer, any time you are near an opponent, whether you're defending him with the ball, marking him off the ball, you have the ball, you're trying to get off his mark, etc... you are using your arms. Soccer has a reputation for being a non-contact sport because of all the diving (which is justifiable because the diving has gotten out of control), but it is more physical.

JamesGatz83
06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I've played both my whole life very competitively. Basketball is more about body positioning than arms. You can't play defense using your arms anymore in basketball because everything is a touch foul. In soccer, any time you are near an opponent, whether you're defending him with the ball, marking him off the ball, you have the ball, you're trying to get off his mark, etc... you are using your arms. Soccer has a reputation for being a non-contact sport because of all the diving (which is justifiable because the diving has gotten out of control), but it is more physical.

You live in Texas and you played soccer? Were you considered a second-class citizen?

tmc.
06-04-2010, 09:43 AM
You live in Texas and you played soccer? Were you considered a second-class citizen?

I still play here, but my actual career I did not live in Texas. Soccer has a pretty big following in Texas though (obviously Latino related).

batman15
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM

I don't know about "more", but as much.

tmc.
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't know about "more", but as much.

I'm talking about the physical aspect of it, why playing with a broken arm would be incredibly difficult in soccer. Obviously, basketball players use arms to shoot, pass, ballhandle, etc.

JamaicaBrah
06-04-2010, 10:01 AM

How do you expect to shield, throw in, balance yourself, sprint etc if one of your arms is not functioning?

BloodRush
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM

I won't talk about the physical part, but for the use of hands discussion...what about shooting, dribbling, passing, etc? Or did you mean from a purely defensive standpoint? If so, I still disagree and hopefully most people with eyes would as well.

JamesGatz83
06-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I still play here, but my actual career I did not live in Texas. Soccer has a pretty big following in Texas though (obviously Latino related).

I didn't consider the Latino factor. Would've imagined soccer was looked down upon in Texas given how fanatical the state is about football.

And I'd say soccer is as physical as basketball. The contact in soccer is usually more intense, but it's more frequent in basketball.

psych
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM

the casts can easily be used as weapon
thus they are out

tmc.
06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I didn't consider the Latino factor. Would've imagined soccer was looked down upon in Texas given how fanatical the state is about football.

And I'd say soccer is as physical as basketball. The contact in soccer is usually more intense, but it's more frequent in basketball.

Lots of misconceptions about the South. Big cities in the South and their surrounding areas are nothing like the small towns. I love football though so I like the small town culture as well.

989sports
06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
He should suck it up.

VTheKing
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
-Drogba was injured by Marcus Túlio Tanaka
-Tanaka is a Brazilian naturalized Japanese
-Group G: Brazil, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Portugal

http://s5.tinypic.com/nyd4pf_th.jpg

Sandbrah
06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Bro.....how do you block? swat the ball...steal......when someone is posting up, you need your forearm on them..to deflect passes, playing the passing lane.....cmon son.....when you're boxing out....ffs cuz

Pro_Shark
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Except for the fact, you know, that you can't play basketball without an arm.

psych
06-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Except for the fact, you know, that you can't play basketball without an arm.

lol

what was he thinking with that argument.....

Caerus
06-04-2010, 10:37 PM

http://www.chrkcheung.com/images/misc/facepalm.gif