PDA

View Full Version : Tip for newbies (restaurant food)

pbodie89
06-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I used to go to a restaurant and WAY underestimate the calories in some of the items. For example, Ruby Tuesday has Ruby Mini's: 4 small hamburgers. Seems plain enough? Depending on which site you visit, they have between 900-1300 calories. Throw in a small order of fries and you're at 1600+.

About a year ago I went to Chili's and ordered the "2 for $20" combo: split an appetizer, each get an entree, then split a dessert. I didn't count the calories then, but looking back I'm astonished. Here's what I had:

Appetizer: 1/2 Order Texas Cheese Fries (split 2x): 700 Calories, 52g fat
Entree: Big Mouth Bites: 1810 Calories, 110g fat
Dessert: Cheesecake (split 2x): 350 Calories, 21g fat

Total: 2860 Calories, 183g fat for one meal (granted, you may not eat much else during the day, but still).

Anyway, most of you probably already know this, but a word of caution: check nutrition facts BEFORE you go out to eat and make smart choices! ;)

pinoykcin
06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
yeah i recently started looking at nutritional value at restaurants. I used to go to dennys and get these nachos, only 7.99$, they were 3rd highest calorie count at about 1800cals haha. mind that I'd eat this at around 12am because it was a late night snack run with friends. Most foods at restaurants have soooo many cals, its hard to keep track. If its once a week, im like blehhh w/e Im make up for it later, and I usually do.