PDA

View Full Version : NHL Stanley Cup high ratings...

B_Nelley35
06-03-2010, 06:32 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/13467493/flyersblackhawks-game-2-scores-best-nhl-ratings-on-record/cbsnews

It is obvious that bigger markets are more important than star players for ratings.

NEW YORK -- The Chicago Blackhawks' win Monday night earned the best overnight rating for a Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals on record.

The Blackhawks' 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers drew a 4.1 rating and 7 share on NBC, the highest overnight rating since at least 1975, which is as far back as the records go.

The rating was up 21 percent from last year's 3.4 for Red Wings-Penguins.

The game earned a 25.1 rating and 39 share in Chicago.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program, while the share is the percentage of all TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the nation's largest markets.
Copyright 2010 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

baseball_player
06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Thats awesome

DatMilkman
06-03-2010, 09:51 AM
I couldn't believe that Game 3 of the f**king STANLEY CUP FINALS was on Versus.

VERSUS!

Uncontested
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I couldn't believe that Game 3 of the f**king STANLEY CUP FINALS was on Versus.

VERSUS!

Game 4 is on there as well... Lol @ philly getting the 2nd class treatment they deserve.

Guess where game 5 is once they go back to Chicago? Yep, back to NATIONAL television again and not basic cable.

Beasly3333
06-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Could you imagine what a disgrace it would be if the Hawks won the Cup in 4? To have the Stanley Cup won on Versus? I wish it would of happened just to say FUK YOU NBC. Plus, Versus took on the NHL after the lockout when no one would.

Carpathia
06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
sportscenter was on for 15 minutes this morning before they showed highlights of game 3. can you imagine them doing that for the finals of any other sport. even golfs majors get better coverage on sportscenter