PDA

View Full Version : So we gonna act like Joyce didn't "blow" that call on purpose?

Lasers1
06-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Umpire: Born in Ohio

Pitcher playing for perfect game: Plays for Detroit

Rivalry between Ohio and Michigan comes into play.
Umpire blows call intentionally because he is a homer and hates Detroit
Insincerely apologizes, media buys it
???????
Profit

semi-srs

Nodice123
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
it was a pretty bull**** call haha

smith12p
06-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Umpire: Born in Ohio

Pitcher playing for perfect game: Plays for Detroit

Rivalry between Ohio and Michigan comes into play.
Umpire blows call intentionally because he is a homer and hates Detroit
Insincerely apologizes, media buys it
???????
Profit

semi-srs

Hahah I seriously doubt that is the reason. But we all just witnessed the BIGGEST blown call in baseball history. I can't think of a bigger one right now. Only 20 perfect games in the entire HISTORY of baseball. Football uses replay for progressing INCHES on the field, and Basketball uses replay for TENTHS of seconds on the clock. Get with it baseball, I can't believe that Joyce and his horrible mustache got to decide this without question.

Lasers1
06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Jus sayin'

TexasHeat
06-02-2010, 11:40 PM
maybe...

he was looking right at the base, how anyone could mis that call is beyond comprehension.

wsuwarrior
06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Like my brother said, if it were him umping he would call them out no matter what on a play that close. If it were the other way around I dont think many people would care.

animalfan
06-02-2010, 11:49 PM
i don't know if it was on purpose, but damn, it was like a foot in the replay. i was at work and didn't get to see the game live- so i had to wait till i got home to see it.

his apology seemed sincere, and his 20+ year career in the majors is now going to be remembered for this one call. galaraga (sp?) was smiling when the call was made, i don't think i could have faked a smile there.

DatDereCe11Tech
06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
what I don't understand is why in the world you call him safe there anyways?

I would have called him out even if he beat the pitcher by a foot... the game was basically over (they were down 3 runs with 1 out left, basically no chance to win). Don't you weigh in risk vs reward there? a worthless single in a regular season game vs costing someone a perfect game

just mind boggling

animalfan
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq182/animalfan_photo/galarragasperfectgameinthetoilet.jpg

the indian's first base coach had to know it was a bad call, too.