PDA

View Full Version : Hockey fans. Explain to me this.

Shangius
06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Why are there teams in Nashville, Atlanta, Phoenix, Tampa Bay, and San Jose but none in towns like Milwaukee, Quebec City, Winnipeg, Seattle, etc.

Sense, this makes none.

Markus87
06-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Why are there teams in Nashville, Atlanta, Phoenix, Tampa Bay, and San Jose but none in towns like Milwaukee, Quebec City, Winnipeg, Seattle, etc.

Sense, this makes none.

Gary Bettman.

That's all you really need to know lol

Shangius
06-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Gary Bettman.

Elaborate. I don't follow the sport except for the odd playoff game.

I do know Seattle won one of the first Stanley Cups and Portland had a team that advanced to the finals.

This was in like WW1 though lolololol.

Nodice123
06-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Gary Bettman.

this x10000000000000000

I give betman props for stiking to his guns during the strike but he is completely oblivious to the Canadian market place

Nodice123
06-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Elaborate. I don't follow the sport except for the odd playoff game.

I do know Seattle won one of the first Stanley Cups and Portland had a team that advanced to the finals.

This was in like WW1 though lolololol.

Betman's pitch when he first became commissioner was that hockey in the south could work. That was his main idea for the future. He will stick to it until the bitter end.

DejaVudoo
06-02-2010, 11:36 PM
^ Bettman's a douche

Although I will say San Jose surprisingly has a large dedicated fan base considering the team friggin chokes in the playoff every year despite always finishing top 3 in standings

Kenetics
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Winnipeg Jets will come back.

Hockey in phoenix is pretty much done. Bettman also talked about Quebec getting a team back through relocation today on CBC, he said this would happen only if the city agreed to build a future new arena.

Nodice123
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Winnipeg Jets will come back.

Hockey in phoenix is pretty much done. Bettman also talked about Quebec getting a team back through relocation today on CBC, he said this would happen only if the city agreed to build a future new arena.

surprising, but I am definitely happy if that happens

Shangius
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Betman's pitch when he first became commissioner was that hockey in the south could work. That was his main idea for the future. He will stick to it until the bitter end.

Why is every sports commissioner crap?

Kenetics
06-02-2010, 11:41 PM

Bettman used to work for David Stern. Lol, that should tell you alot about the guy.

Nodice123
06-02-2010, 11:41 PM

haha no idea. I used to like Goodell but he has since disappointed me...

nobody on here really follows the CFL but I was a big fan of Tom Wright. He is now in charge of representing mma/ufc in Ontario.

MusclePrime
06-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Bettmans all about making the owners rich. Dude has no hockey knowledge. Someone should assassinate him.

Mac_xX
06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Bettmans all about making the owners rich. Dude has no hockey knowledge. Someone should assassinate him.

he can't even skate (srs)

its50
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I was hoping to god that MacLean would punch Bettman tonight on air. Perhaps Don Cherry could jump in from behind the set and help strangle him.