PDA

View Full Version : This year is Kobe's last chance to even be in the same conversation as MJ

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
If he doesn't win a finals MVP and Ring then he never will be comparable to Jordan ever again, especially if you consider someone like Wade and LBJ might join forces which would make it tougher for him (also hes not getting any younger). This is his year to show everyone what hes really made of.

Greg1983
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
No matter what he does people will just be blinded by the youthful enthusiasm they had when watching MJ play and no one will ever measure up in their subpar minds.

LAballin24
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
If he doesn't win a finals MVP and Ring then he never will be comparable to Jordan ever again, especially if you consider someone like Wade and LBJ might join forces which would make it tougher for him (also hes not getting any younger). This is his year to show everyone what hes really made of.

wait brah, I thought we're comparing players that have rings.

SweatAndTears
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Lulz This. Wasn't Lebron suppose to win this year to show how similar he is to MJ or possibly be better than?

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Stop trying to create a lbj vs, kobe. All i was implying that it could possibly be harder for him next year than this year because of something like that summit which could bring 2 superstars together.

Greg1983
06-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Stop trying to create a lbj vs, kobe. All i was implying that it could possibly be harder for him next year than this year because of something like that summit which could bring 2 superstars together.

That will just clinch the argument even more when Kobe beats both of them at the same time.

ajn
06-02-2010, 09:25 PM
i agree with OP. Kobe is the only player in the league who can win a championship, but still have to prove himself in the following season. to be compared to Jordan, Kobe needs to have a dynasty of his own (led by HIM, not Shaq). a title and Finals MVP this season is imperative.

if he loses this year, 7 finals appearances still puts him in ridiculously elite company, but not at the legendary status that everyone expects him to be in.

in my eyes, in this years Finals and possibly the next, Kobe can prove that he is the second-greatest player to ever pick up a basketball. whether or not he actually will prove that remains to be seen.

n1e
06-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Kobe doesn't need to prove **** to anyone, he's already established himself as the best player in the NBA and already has his 4 rings.

it's Burger King Lebron James who still has to prove himself worthy and live up to the hype

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Kobe doesn't need to prove **** to anyone, he's already established himself as the best player in the NBA and already has his 4 rings.

it's Burger King Lebron James who still has to prove himself worthy and live up to the hype

Stats: 5'5", 148 lbs

I'd be bitter if I were you too.

pls go thread has nothing to do with Lebron

n1e
06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Stats: 5'5", 148 lbs

I'd be bitter if I were you too.

pls go thread has nothing to do with Lebron

LOL says the kid with no avi, any thread pertaining to Kobe or Lebron in the Sports Misc will always eventually include the other... just starting it off

also join date March 2009, Posts 6,333 Get off the Misc and get a life

JDuB128
06-02-2010, 09:41 PM
What kind of legacy does lebron have it he does team up with wade, another top 5 player in the game. Say Lebron wins 5 titles with wade, but wade had the bigger impact? What does that mean? To be the goat, IMO you have to be the clear cut go-to guy on your team.

IamaMotherLover
06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
What kind of legacy does lebron have it he does team up with wade, another top 5 player in the game. Say Lebron wins 5 titles with wade, but wade had the bigger impact? What does that mean? To be the goat, IMO you have to be the clear cut go-to guy on your team.

wouldnt that mean kobes first 3 rings dont matter?

n1e
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Lebron will never be paired up with another superstar, he may talk big but his ego is not allowing it

whose gonna be the superstar/leader on that team, Lebron or Wade? Neither will play second fiddle to the other

also the "All-Star Summit" is a fcuking joke

n1e
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM

No, Kobe never went out and organized an "All-Star Summit" to try to get All-Stars around the league to join a team with him

JDuB128
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM

That is a good point my friend. It will bring us back to the same arguement. it was shaq/wade/kobe/lebron. At this point Jordan was the only clear but #1 man, Kobe has a chance with the current team, but if lebron plays with wade I dont think he does.

JDuB128
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Lebron will never be paired up with another superstar, he may talk big but his ego is not allowing it

whose gonna be the superstar/leader on that team, Lebron or Wade? Neither will play second fiddle to the other

also the "All-Star Summit" is a fcuking joke

well this is what im thinking, he doesnt want anyone to have the chance to steal his thunder, say if he teamed with wade, and wade got the finals mvp, LBJ's legacy would be gone.

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
No, Kobe never went out and organized an "All-Star Summit" to try to get All-Stars around the league to join a team with him

lol. because he never needed to

n1e
06-02-2010, 09:58 PM
well this is what im thinking, he doesnt want anyone to have the chance to steal his thunder, say if he teamed with wade, and wade got the finals mvp, LBJ's legacy would be gone.

his legacy currently is dancing during Bulls games and choking during the playoffs with a 60 win team

http://i50.tinypic.com/2rcs591.gif

n1e
06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
lol. because he never needed to

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/drew_packham/12/06/lakers.playoffs/t1_smush.jpg
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/kwame1020_iougfikn.jpg

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 10:01 PM
his legacy currently is dancing during Bulls games and choking during the playoffs with a 60 win team

http://i50.tinypic.com/2rcs591.gif

*sigh*. another dumbass who fails to contribute anything intelligent to a thread that had potential

please do the world a favor and swallow a cyanide pill so your offspring will not pollute this earth

n1e
06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
*sigh*. another dumbass who fails to contribute intelligent thread that had potential

please do the world a favor and swallow a cyanide pill so your offspring will not pollute this earth

is Lebron playing in the NBA finals? Nope
were the Cavs a 60 win team? Yep
Did Lebron play up to standards when it counted? Nope

Evaluation = Choked

please explain how that was a dumb statement, Thank you Jump_man23 with no avi

and speaking of intelligent conversation
please do the world a favor and swallow a cyanide pill so your offspring will not pollute this earth way to contribute to the thread, do YOURSELF a favor and listen to your own advice. Thanks

css4lyfe
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM

wade and lebron are essentially same player/position

kobe and shaq weren't, and kobe dominated in the playoffs while shaq had it fairly easy in the finals which made kobe look like he didn't do anything when thats hardly the case. kobe was the playoffs mvp of those teams, shaq was just the finals mvp (if you get what i'm saying)

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Evaluation = Choked

please do the world a favor and swallow a cyanide pill so your offspring will not pollute this earth way to contribute to the thread, do YOURSELF a favor and listen to your own advice. Thanks

thread has nothing to do with Lebron, do you have a crush on him? why do you keep bringing him up?

thread is about Kobes dynasty

gswarrior510
06-02-2010, 10:12 PM
why did you bring lebron up in first place then?

n1e
06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
and i already answered your OP

KObe has nothing to prove to anyone, you, me the media

his legacy has already been cemented as the 2nd best basketball player to ever play next to MJ. Every year it's the same crap, This year Kobe has to prove this, that to fulfill his legacy

no, no he doesn't.

n1e
06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
why did you bring lebron up in first place then?

also this. LBJ AND WADE were stated in the OP, yet i brought him up? LULZ

jump_man23
06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
also this. LBJ AND WADE were stated in the OP, yet i brought him up? LULZ

I merely used him as an example of 2 superstars joining forces

how about wade and bosh? happy now you instigating phaggot?

JDuB128
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I merely used him as an example of 2 superstars joining forces

how about wade and bosh? happy now you instigating phaggot?

ok well thats fine, 2 superstars together, it works. No mega-stars involved.

RampantEgo
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Evaluation = Choked

well put bro. this guy thought he was smart...just another lebron fan. all of em are the same

SgSpartan
06-02-2010, 11:39 PM

Hahahhaa.

This.

MrLJizzle
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Kobe is the real king.

jacksongp69
06-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Why do you ***s always associate rings with great players? Saying Lebron is a choke artist because he doesn't have a ring? Gimme a break it's a TEAM effort.

BrawnySwoleman
06-03-2010, 02:04 AM
http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t360/tweeds_69/JackLike.gif

Mafiafolife77
06-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Why do you ***s always associate rings with great players?

http://js.talkaudiohosting.co.uk/gif/Joker_not_sure_if_serious.jpg