PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the call that will be forever remembered in sports history

MikeyScarfino
06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm perplexed. I will say that making a close call on a play where the pitcher is in stride while catching the ball to tag first is more difficult than simply listening to the "pop" when a fixed first baseman catches the ball and the runner first hits the base.

However, there is simply no excuse here. My only explination is that Joyce is flat out trolling for the lulz. When its the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs perfect game on the line, if you think its a tie, the call does not go to the runner.

This was no tie though, not even close, Joyce was positioned in the best seat in the house to make the correct call and he failed horribly, taking one of the most precious accomplishments in the game away from a guy.

Can you all imagine the thoughts going through his head after getting in the clubhouse and seeing the replay? Not even a fifth of the finest vodka will help this guy sleep for many nights to come.