PDA

View Full Version : Speeding up the Game of Baseball.......

rippedandforty
06-02-2010, 07:59 AM
What's your guys stance on this. I have been seeing some crazy calls from behind the plate as of late. I agree some changes need to be made.....but this huge strike zone is gonna take some time to get used to.

IraHays
06-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I think Joe West and his crew of numbnuts can go to hell. Baseball fans don't b*tch about the length of games and I really doubt cutting 30 minutes off a game is going to attract new fans.

That Rays/Jays game last night was a joke and West and his crew should be fired. Not only for ringing Pena up on that bullsh*t but then after Hernandez(?) (home plate umpire) obviously felt like a jack ass for doing it and totally f*cked Gregg by calling everything he threw a ball. (of course I'm happy with the win, but he was calling those pitches strikes until after Pena, that's bullsh*t)

The length of the game is not an issue and West is losing his mind.

NDame616
06-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I think Joe West and his crew of numbnuts can go to hell. Baseball fans don't b*tch about the length of games and I really doubt cutting 30 minutes off a game is going to attract new fans.

That Rays/Jays game last night was a joke and West and his crew should be fired. Not only for ringing Pena up on that bullsh*t but then after Hernandez(?) (home plate umpire) obviously felt like a jack ass for doing it and totally f*cked Gregg by calling everything he threw a ball. (of course I'm happy with the win, but he was calling those pitches strikes until after Pena, that's bullsh*t)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/SSmstzo/1249443353147.jpg

IraHays
06-02-2010, 08:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/SSmstzo/1249443353147.jpg

If the Rays wouldn't have won the game I'm certain I would have needed a new TV today. I've never seen any bullsh*t like that before.

bbacn123
06-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I haven't seen any changes personally. Yes sometimes you'll get an ump with a wider strike zone for a game every now and then but that's nothing new. At the same time you can easily turn around and get an ump with a tighter strike zone the next day.

But I have not seen the strike zone widen consistently to say they're trying to speed games up.

niospecv
06-02-2010, 09:37 AM
It should sped up just a little.

RedAuerbach
06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
When you actually go to a game it goes by so fast. I say NO.

I go to my buddies apartment we take a crapload of shots and get buzzed real nice then we walk over to fenway and get there right when it starts. Go buy beer like 3-4 more times throughout the game next thing you know they stop serving booze and the game is almost over.

bustermac
06-02-2010, 10:06 AM
If West wanted to speed up the game, he would have let Buehrle stay in. He's the fastest-working pitcher in MLB. I went to a game he pitched, was done in LESS than 2 hours.

Him pitching knocks an hour off game time every time...from 3 hours to 2 or less. If there was another Buehrle on the opposing team, it could be between 60 and 90 minutes to finish the game!

Joke was on West...wants to speed up games...threw Buehrle out...made his work night an hour longer. Idiot.

That ump just wants to have his name in the news...so he acts like a jackass to get attention.

bustermac
06-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Reps. Correct.

NoS_oUtLaSt
06-02-2010, 10:08 AM
just for reference. I don't like baseball now. And even if it is 30 minutes shorter I still won't like it. If anything I like it being longer because the times I go to games with my friends I like it being longer to give me more time to get drunk and hangout with friends.

bustermac
06-02-2010, 10:09 AM
just for reference. I don't like baseball now. And even if it is 30 minutes shorter I still won't like it. If anything I like it being longer because the times I go to games with my friends I like it being longer to give me more time to get drunk and hangout with friends.
Stats: 1'1", 1 lbs

Really? Shouldn't take you that long...

Huse
06-02-2010, 10:30 AM
If West wanted to speed up the game, he would have let Buehrle stay in. He's the fastest-working pitcher in MLB. I went to a game he pitched, was done in LESS than 2 hours.

Him pitching knocks an hour off game time every time...from 3 hours to 2 or less. If there was another Buehrle on the opposing team, it could be between 60 and 90 minutes to finish the game!

Joke was on West...wants to speed up games...threw Buehrle out...made his work night an hour longer. Idiot.

That ump just wants to have his name in the news...so he acts like a jackass to get attention.

West doesn't care about speeding up the game, he cares about promoting himself and his book and is succeeding. He should be fired but the MLB is almost as corrupt as the NBA so it won't happen

QB_Killa
06-02-2010, 11:09 AM
I only started watching baseball recently but I think the pace of the game is one of the things that makes it great.