PDA

View Full Version : now we understand the artest situation

cramron
06-01-2010, 07:12 PM
we mock artest for being stupid with shot selection then....

we realize why Lakers have him because he is the Pierce/Lebron stopper....Pierce gonna get raped

F.A.M.E.
06-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Double P will make him his biatch.

kyleTX
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Artest thinks he's more than just a role player now and he'll be back to his usual hacking up ugly 3's and contested jumpers. Oh and who's gonna stop Rondo?

Huse
06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
good thing the c's aren't a 1 man show

sparkblade
06-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Artest thinks he's more than just a role player now and he'll be back to his usual hacking up ugly 3's and contested jumpers. Oh and who's gonna stop Rondo?

I think Kobe's guarding Rondo, Artest on Pierce, and idk on Ray.

kyleTX
06-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I think Kobe's guarding Rondo, Artest on Pierce, and idk on Ray.

would have thought kobe would be on ray for sure, leaving fisher on rondo. Rondo will destroy fish.

sparkblade
06-01-2010, 07:46 PM
would have thought kobe would be on ray for sure, leaving fisher on rondo. Rondo will destroy fish.

Nah I don't think Phil's stupid enough to leave fish on Rondo. Although you never know with him.

Jattfusion
06-01-2010, 07:46 PM

bet u 3fiddy its goin to be derek fisher.

GPx
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Double P will make him his biatch.

Kevin Durant >>>>> Pierce

That didn't end well.

GPx
06-01-2010, 08:16 PM

So Artest is just going to figure out he's a role player NOW? He didn't learn his role in his first 6 months? lol please.

Oh and Kobe will guard Rondo.

jacketfan
06-01-2010, 08:18 PM

when the C's raped, errr, i mean beat the lakers when they played in the finals last. they had kobe guard rondo, so he could cheat off and help on other guys. but rondo is alot better now, so im curious to see what they do

sparkblade
06-01-2010, 08:20 PM
when the C's raped, errr, i mean beat the lakers when they played in the finals last. they had kobe guard rondo, so he could cheat off and help on other guys. but rondo is alot better now, so im curious to see what they do

yeah I remember he kept sagging off taunting Rondo to make the jumper. I think he'll do the same, but I think he'll have to be a lot closer because rondo will be practicing his j for sure.

Lasers1
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Artest thinks he's more than just a role player now and he'll be back to his usual hacking up ugly 3's and contested jumpers.

Bro, what are you talking about? Artest barely forces any shots during the course of the game, and is even hesitant when talking wide open 3's, rather looking for the post player. I hope you didn't base this off of the couple bad shots he took in Game 5

IceCoal
06-01-2010, 08:24 PM

That didn't end well.

this.

GPx
06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Bro, what are you talking about? Artest barely forces any shots during the course of the game, and is even hesitant when talking wide open 3's, rather looking for the post player. I hope you didn't base this off of the couple bad shots he took in Game 5

He's still mad that's how Artest played in Houston.

Pretty Boy Floyd
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
we mock artest for being stupid with shot selection then....

we realize why Lakers have him because he is the Pierce/Lebron stopper....Pierce gonna get raped

Pierce and Artest go back to Pacers/Celtics playoff runs and Pierce raped them game after game

these two know one another very well

That didn't end well.

on paper, yes, not in a Finals game, KD is still a youngster

kyleTX
06-01-2010, 08:51 PM

what? you bandwagon phags have been bitching about Artest's play all season, don't gimme that ****

He's still mad that's how Artest played in Houston.

Lasers1
06-01-2010, 08:59 PM
what? you bandwagon phags have been bitching about Artest's play all season, don't gimme that ****

howboutno.jpg

I admit I would rather have Ariza because of the age factor, plus Ariza gives us more athleticism, but I've never ONCE complained about Ron-Ron's shot selection or his ability to stay within his role. He's done an amazing job for a new player in Phil's offense, IMO.

Mj23foreva
06-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Fisher will guard Rondo...LA has more bigs than the Cavs and Magic, they dont have to really worry about Rondo's penetration that much.

dtbrehm
06-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm expecting to see a heavy dosage of Farmar and Brown on Rondo.

Dmoney30
06-01-2010, 09:22 PM
preventing rondo to penetrate and dish off and ignite others is key to the series. When orlando won, rondo disappeared cuz howard shut down the middle and he looked disinterested. But for sure rondo's shot has gotten better but resting on defense for offense will only help kobe during clutch time. Ron Ron is puttin everythin on him if the lakers don't repeat and that's a different kind of pressure than measley first or second rd playoffs when he faced pierce in the past. Lets be reality, artest is finally in playoff shape and he isn't suffering from plantar fasciitis anymore.

elpermic
06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
lol..
kobe is going to check rondo, look at the previous meetings kobe was checking rondo. fisher guards ray allen and artest guards pierce. fisher is one of the best guys in the league going through screens, plus if you put KB running around chasing allen, he's going to get tired quick, so KB will shut down rondo.

as for artest vs pierce..???

QUEENSBRIDGE IN THE BUILDING

why so ez?
06-02-2010, 01:27 AM
kobe on rondo and fish on ray. fish does a good job of chasing ray and kobe is a great one on one defender and will bother rondo with his length.
though i COULD see phil putting fish on rondo and kobe on ray to start the series off, and switch off if it doesn't work. fisher played great D on nash, and though nash isn't as fast as rondo he's a better passer and can hit shots from anywhere on the court, which makes him as big an offensive threat as rondo. though on defense it's obvious rondo is much better.

not worried much about pierce in this series, artest locked down a longer, faster, better durant. against utah and the suns artest really didn't have a star player he needed to completely shut down, so his effort on defense wasn't as high a level as he put into defending durant. probably why he was taking some ill-advised shots on offense, he wasn't focusing enough on defense. against boston his main focus will be to make pierce ineffective, which he will 4 games out of 7 if it gets that far. sorry pierce, you ain't burnin radmanovich and walton anymore.

mchoodie
06-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Pierce won't be a star in the series, but Artest won't shut him down the way LBJ did either.

Hoop_Dreams
06-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Fisher will guard Rondo...LA has more bigs than the Cavs and Magic, they dont have to really worry about Rondo's penetration that much.

No, he won't.

You think Phil is gonna have Kobe running around on D all day trying to get through screen after screen chasing Ray? Hell no.

That's Fisher's job.

Kobe will play free safety and lay off Rondo.

bking10
06-02-2010, 06:08 AM
No, he won't.

You think Phil is gonna have Kobe running around on D all day trying to get through screen after screen chasing Ray? Hell no.

That's Fisher's job.

Kobe will play free safety and lay off Rondo.

exactly

specially with Kobe's tendency to slack off and cheat on defense. cant leave ray even a slight bit of space.

kyleTX
06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
lmao bump

KingCanuck
06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.pchsperformingarts.org/media/laughing.gif

Huse
06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
ron artest for 3!!!!

lmao

Daewoo_Lanos
06-13-2010, 08:53 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/249383/nba_g_ariza_576.jpg

N.W.A
06-13-2010, 09:03 PM
lmao