PDA

View Full Version : planning meals

cadet4303
06-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I am 20. 5'10''. 155lbs. about 11% bf. I would like to gain 10-15 more lbs. I workout on a regular basis, but I think the reason why I can't gain muscle size is because I have a hard time planning meals. I am really busy working and going to school and I have very little time to cook or prepare big meals 3-5 times a day.

I drink a lot of weight gain and protein shakes, but they aren't doing a whole lot considering I take in about 1700-2000 calories per day.

What kinds of meals can I make that are easy to prepare, healthy, not hard to clean up and would help me out in gaining the weight I need this summer?

Simmo0508
06-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I am 20. 5'10''. 155lbs. about 11% bf. I would like to gain 10-15 more lbs. I workout on a regular basis, but I think the reason why I can't gain muscle size is because I have a hard time planning meals. I am really busy working and going to school and I have very little time to cook or prepare big meals 3-5 times a day.

I drink a lot of weight gain and protein shakes, but they aren't doing a whole lot considering I take in about 1700-2000 calories per day.

What kinds of meals can I make that are easy to prepare, healthy, not hard to clean up and would help me out in gaining the weight I need this summer?

Get into the habit or pre-cooking your meals in advance, in bulk, and storing them away in containers. Have your days worth of meals/food cooked and prepared the night beforehand for example.

* Tuna cans + oats are a portable combo. Chuck them in your bag.
* Chicken + rice keeps well. If you have a microwave nearby at work/school, excellent.
* Fish + rice is another good combo (can be eaten really quickly too when mushed together)

There's 3 easy ways to get in some healthy meals, and the calories you need. The only thing stopping you in those sorta situations is yourself, your excuses, and your laziness to prevent you from preparing them in the first place.

If ya want something, go and get it and make it happen at whatever cost.

uflcook
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Eggs
Pre-cooked chicken that you can pop in the microwave.
Vegetables for the microwave.
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Just plan out things that you like and fit them into your diet, write it out and you'll be more organized and healthier.