PDA

View Full Version : Rampage vs Evans = really bad main event

flexapeal
06-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Was wondering what yo peeps thought about the fight @ UFC 114. To me the fight didn't live up to the fight. But really how could it. They do a great job of blowing up these fights but rarely produce. Evans fought a little but mainly was scared n was doing the stick n move tactic. Rampage just kinda showed up n give me my paycheck already. He didn't even really try to throw a punch until it was too late. This is clearly set up for a rematch but I think I will pass. Any thoughts???

ezmac31
06-01-2010, 08:46 AM
didnt see it but read about it..read it was more of a wrestling match than a fight...lame.

Max~Power
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
I was a little taken back by it. I though with all the smack they would stand up and throw blows the whole night, and that didn't happen. Also, with no title on the line, 3 rounds wasn't enough.

flexapeal
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I was a little taken back by it. I though with all the smack they would stand up and throw blows the whole night, and that didn't happen. Also, with no title on the line, 3 rounds wasn't enough.

Yup. I agree.

namean
06-01-2010, 09:43 AM

^^^This

$hitty fight was $hitty
There was only action:
In the 1st 30 seconds of the fight
And action for about 40 seconds in the 3rd round.

JBrook
06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
The problem is, these guys, especially wrestlers are figuring out how to win fights without throwing many punches, they wrestle their opponents taking them down at every chance, doing a little ground and pound and never really fighting. They win based on agression and octagon control but dont even damage their opponent, Ive seen so much of this lately, fighters can rack up wins like this but it is not entertaining. This is what Rashad did, it may have been a grudge match but both fighters would rather win than KO their oppnent so nobody really took a big chance. And lastly, agreed should have went 5 rounds.

Boogland
06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
ufc is lame

mophatthedamaja
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
i really think Page had too much time off, not because he said he had ring rust but because he did..he was not agressive, looked tentative and wasn't the same rampage..this movie bs got to him i think he should have destroyed rashad

Ochosiete
06-01-2010, 11:13 AM
you guys got a link to watch it?

NoS_oUtLaSt
06-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Only thing that really bugs me about it is because I hate Rashad. Not to mention the lay n pray and wall n stall **** has to stop. Remember why the UFC got popular with matches like Forrest vs Bonnar, Gonzaga vs Cro Cop, Liddell vs Rampage, Hughes vs Gracie, Serra vs GSP, Silva vs Franklin etc etc. I know now every fight won't be a finish but there needs to be more incentive for the fights to finish.

F.A.M.E.
06-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Shiit was overall a lame event, even the shiitty undercards in boxing are more entertainin' than this shiit. I decided to peep this one since Rampage usually has entertainin' fights though. I got hyped when he looked like he was gonna finish Rashad off though.

Mikehc69
06-01-2010, 11:34 AM
The problem is, these guys, especially wrestlers are figuring out how to win fights without throwing many punches, they wrestle their opponents taking them down at every chance, doing a little ground and pound and never really fighting. They win based on agression and octagon control but dont even damage their opponent, Ive seen so much of this lately, fighters can rack up wins like this but it is not entertaining. This is what Rashad did, it may have been a grudge match but both fighters would rather win than KO their oppnent so nobody really took a big chance. And lastly, agreed should have went 5 rounds.

This. Welcome to the Greg Jackson era.

J_Mart2387
06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
lame ass fight. only fight i wanna see is carwin/lesner after that nothing interests me

ebongo91
06-01-2010, 11:40 AM
It sucked that Rampage wasnt agressive enough and Rashad almost lost. The fight should have been five rounds. Would have been a lot more intersting.

FKAri
06-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I wasnt looking forward to this all that much. smack talk or wtvr doesnt ever mean anything. I dont care if they love each other or hate each other.

i really think Page had too much time off, not because he said he had ring rust but because he did..he was not agressive, looked tentative and wasn't the same rampage..this movie bs got to him i think he should have destroyed rashad

This. didnt expect him at 100% after his movie and lay off. He wasnt aggressive at all.

Only thing that really bugs me about it is because I hate Rashad. Not to mention the lay n pray and wall n stall **** has to stop. Remember why the UFC got popular with matches like Forrest vs Bonnar, Gonzaga vs Cro Cop, Liddell vs Rampage, Hughes vs Gracie, Serra vs GSP, Silva vs Franklin etc etc. I know now every fight won't be a finish but there needs to be more incentive for the fights to finish.

I hate watching **** like that. Id rather watch another fight like rampage vs rashad then another bonnar griffin.

THERES AN MMA SECTION

Max~Power
06-01-2010, 11:44 AM
This may sound crazy, but these guys are getting paid to bring viewers.

UFC should put a knockout clause in the contact. Stating you get x% of the earings for a KO

NoobThumper
06-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Hate Rashad for "laying and preying" all you want, but he controlled the fight and Rampage did nothing to break him off. Rashad was able to neutralize his abilities by holding him against the cage, hitting some short punches, and took him to the ground multiple times.

Rampage is the person to be mad at - he did next to nothing and couldn't stop Rashad from dominating his ass.

bigollie2006
06-01-2010, 11:52 AM
The REAL problem with this fight was that it was for a title shot. As much as these two guys wanted to get in there in brawl...whats more important to their careers? Shutting up someone who ran their mouth for months...or getting a title shot?

That being said....I would like to see a rematch when they both fall off the wagon again and are looking for a nasty KO to get them back up on the horse.

Budly69
06-01-2010, 11:57 AM
The problem was that UFC allowed the two most arrogant fighters in the business to run their mouths wrecklessly for over a year about "ima knock you out with one punch" "black on black crime son" and all the rest of the bull$#!+ these two f*cking idiots spouted off and when it came down to it they were both too scared to swing away for fear of getting caught and looking bad. It doesnt matter though, Rashad will get his **** pushed in by Shogun and Rampage will knock some poor sap and then in turn his **** pushed in by Shogun. Its only fitting that Shogun knock the f*ck out of both of those idiots.

melanimal_old
06-01-2010, 12:03 PM
IMO it was a better match than some of the recent s hit main events.

RedAuerbach
06-01-2010, 12:06 PM
The fight sucked. It basically made me realize how much boxing is better.

Cinderblock
06-01-2010, 01:09 PM
It's MMA, mixed martial arts. You guys have these ridiculous expectations. You want every fight to be a f*ckin brawl. Do you guys not understand that they are professional fighters and come into the fight with a gameplan? Takedowns and wrestling are a part of MMA. Rampage is one dimensional and is a puncher, what f*ckin sense would it make for Rashad stand toe to toe with him and play into Rampage's one and only strength? Rashad used his speed and versatility to win. MMA is evolving and Rampage needs to utilize other aspects of this game instead of being a one trick pony, don't blame Rashad for fighting smart and being a good wrestler.

If you want to see a brawl go watch Kimbo's videos.

rippedandforty
06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
It's MMA, mixed martial arts. You guys have these ridiculous expectations. You want every fight to be a f*ckin brawl. Do you guys not understand that they are professional fighters and come into the fight with a gameplan? Takedowns and wrestling are a part of MMA. Rampage is one dimensional and is a puncher, what f*ckin sense would it make for Rashad stand toe to toe with him and play into Rampage's one and only strength? Rashad used his speed and versatility to win. MMA is evolving and Rampage needs to utilize other aspects of this game instead of being a one trick pony, don't blame Rashad for fighting smart and being a good wrestler.

^^^^this

Thai_Clinch
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I thought the card overall was really good outside the main event.

wsuwarrior
06-01-2010, 01:16 PM

I will, phaggot.

But seriously I agree with everything you said.

cramron
06-01-2010, 01:36 PM

If you want to see a brawl go watch Kimbo's videos.this x2

thegenerel
06-01-2010, 02:25 PM

of course.

unfortunately what was best for rashad was not best for the viewers

its like floyd mayweather. he has no reason to stick his neck out when he can play it safe and win easily.

Uncontested
06-01-2010, 02:58 PM
You phaggots may pull out the 'its MMA' card, but when the UFC tanks because people stop giving a sh!t about lame ass lay and pray fights constantly, MMA will go back to being a joke and being mocked like it was in the 90s, like it or not people want brawls and thats where the moneys at, or at least submissions, not this lay and pray bullsh!t.

sabonis224
06-01-2010, 04:10 PM
i thought it was kind of lame because of all the tie ups against the cage, they had to be seperated like 6 times. plus rampage looked like crap out there.

Fritz311
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
i think non title fights should be 5 rounds and title fights be 7 rounds....3 rounds just simply is not enough. were not getting our moneys worth

brudman
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
You phaggots may pull out the 'its MMA' card, but when the UFC tanks because people stop giving a sh!t about lame ass lay and pray fights constantly, MMA will go back to being a joke and being mocked like it was in the 90s, like it or not people want brawls and thats where the moneys at, or at least submissions, not this lay and pray bullsh!t.

That's like saying people only watch NASCAR for crashes, or baseball for homeruns, or basketball for dunks. If Pujols doesn't hit two bombs you don't say "baseball sucks." You blame Pujols.

Don't blame the sport. Blame Rampage Jackson for not being agressive and making it his fight. He's the boxer. If he was aggressive early Rashad wouldn't have been able to wear him down as bad. Welcome to a sport that involves wrestling. If you don't like it, watch boxing or youtube.

By the way brah thanks for your service. Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend.

Tuga88
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I wanted to see this:

http://i32.tinypic.com/110hqc7.jpg

Instead I got to watch Rashad hold Rampage against the cage.

Son, I am disappoint.

Sandbrah
06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
you guys want knockout adn FUN fights?? watch K-1 kickboxing....thats where its at

ss6IzSk3nW8

Greg1983
06-01-2010, 05:37 PM
i think non title fights should be 5 rounds and title fights be 7 rounds....3 rounds just simply is not enough. were not getting our moneys worth

Then there will just be less fights per card. Besides, people are bitching about how "boring" the fight was (in quotations because I disagree). How is 2 rounds of them even more gassed and sweaty going to help?

NeverGymLess
06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I wanted to see this:

http://i32.tinypic.com/110hqc7.jpg

Instead I got to watch Rashad hold Rampage against the cage.

Son, I am disappoint.

Man , I miss Pride so much :( I stopped watching MMA once UFC took over.

NoS_oUtLaSt
06-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Then there will just be less fights per card. Besides, people are bitching about how "boring" the fight was (in quotations because I disagree). How is 2 rounds of them even more gassed and sweaty going to help?

lol this. Lets just say for example Lesnar vs Carwin doesn't get finished in the first three rounds. We all know two heavyweights in rounds 4 and 5 typically are boring as ****. now imagine them even more gassed throwing weak ass punches and clinching with no action every 10 seconds in rounds 6 and 7 would be.

J_Mart2387
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
IMO it was a better match than some of the recent s hit main events.

is that saying much? people stop bumping this thread. i get pissed off just seeing it.