PDA

View Full Version : 3 Months, 30 Pounds. Help.

SamNewton
05-31-2010, 07:22 PM
So I have June, July, and August to go from 195 to 165 lbs.
I've been steady on weight loss for the past 5 months, but here I need to go into hyper-mode. So I just want to know what else do I need to do other than lower my calories, which are pretty low already. So basically 10 pounds / month, roughly.

Anything that can help me lose ~30 pounds in ~90 days. Any advice / help really needed. Thanks a lot guys, I'm really optimistic and ready to do this, so I'm ready to go through "hell". Give me all and any advice, this is major for me. Mainly because I'm starting college in Sept, this is why I want a fresh start. New school, new people, new me (Hopefully).

Thanks BB!

Jesterclause
05-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Cardio...run everyday...every single day. even twice a day if you have time. Run for a long time too, three hours straight if you can. And you'll lose enough in 3 months...

.aeterna
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
its good to see you are motivated,

but 30 lbs in 3 months will be very tough! your mindset has gotta be on fatloss 24/7. that means great dieting, great workout sessions, and lots and lots of cardio. a deficit + lifting alone will not cut it (for that amount of weight in that timespan).

in addition, u may have to keep ur deficit higher than the recommended 500 under maintenance. you're looking at roughly 2.3lbs/week steady for 3 months straight. thats ALOT of weight!

fullcontact123
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
why so much so fast...
bb is a lifestyle.
if you have a goal, set a timeline thats realistic so that you wont be turning back in the other direction after day 90.
20lb in 3 months is much more feasible, and you won't hate what you're doing every day.
lower cals 5-600 below maintenance, and i suggest a good pre-workout to keep your workouts intense on the calorie deficit.
but you are 17, so some may advise against it

PoGo86
05-31-2010, 08:14 PM
You can do it. When I cut, I set up what I will eat and when, with macro's in check. Workout as much as you can within reason, don't over do it or hurt yourself. My goal is 35 LBS in 90 days, and I plan on hitting that goal.

Also, just an FYI: You might want to think about joining the 'Summer Weight Loss Challenge'. Check for the thread, it says there is $500 in prizes to the winner!

RamaDollars
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
This is great dude. I am doing the exact same thing. I am currently at 198 and my goal is 165 by Aug 27.

PSMF with 150 g protein per day
a carb up or refeed every 10 days

just started today.

background:

april 09 I was 245
april 10 I was 183

in the last 45 days i gained 15lbs :@

sooo.... I will be busy. 5 day routine with brief (10-16 minutes) HIIT M-T
I have baseball 4 nights of 7 nights per week. So I will be busy. I have no money to buy fast food, or binge on junk. Will stay focused and I will get there!!!!!!

Im with you!

Modest_Force
05-31-2010, 08:41 PM
You could just lift, eat less, and do a little cardio every day. I lost close to fifty pounds in five months (also ten pounds per month) by doing the basics. If you are dedicated and consistent with your workouts and diet, then you will see the results you are looking for. I would say you could eat about 2000 calories per day and get to where you need to be in three months. This is all IMO based off of experience and my own results.

If you want my specific diet and workout regimen, here is a link to my fat loss log.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124543481

I hope this helps. =)

wakawakalj
05-31-2010, 09:03 PM
So I have June, July, and August to go from 195 to 165 lbs.
I've been steady on weight loss for the past 5 months, but here I need to go into hyper-mode. So I just want to know what else do I need to do other than lower my calories, which are pretty low already. So basically 10 pounds / month, roughly.

Anything that can help me lose ~30 pounds in ~90 days. Any advice / help really needed. Thanks a lot guys, I'm really optimistic and ready to do this, so I'm ready to go through "hell". Give me all and any advice, this is major for me. Mainly because I'm starting college in Sept, this is why I want a fresh start. New school, new people, new me (Hopefully).

Thanks BB!

Using this plan I lost about 30lbs over about 3 months (190lbs to 160lbs), and went from about 23% bodyfat to about 14%.

The basic outline is here: fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/

I buy large boxes of chicken breasts (about ~4kg - 10lbs). I cook off about 8-10 at a time, slice them up, keep them in the fridge.

I also make a black bean soup thing that I use as the base for my dinners (recipe at the bottom).

For breakfast I have two scoops of whey protein powder. If I'm conscious early enough sometimes I'll have a ham/egg/black bean goop scramble - avoid ketchup on it if possible, it's really not that good for you.

For lunch and my midday/after-work snack I have a 60% whole wheat pita with bbq sauce, lots of chicken (about 1-1.5 breasts worth depending on the size of them), leaf lettuce, and jalapeno havarti cheese. (I know I shouldn't have the cheese but I like it and I want to be able to eat the same things over and over and not get sick of them)

For dinner I have some chopped up chicken breast with frozen mixed veggies topped with about a cup of the black bean soup.

I avoid all other carbs, especially refined ones, if possible. I usually had between 1600-1800cal per day - quite a drop for me, but the high protein content keeps me full all day. This range (1600-1800) would probably be good for you, but obviously tweak it if it's not working - I don't know how active you are etc.

I highly recommend getting a food scale for portion control and estimating calories - you don't need to weigh *everything* you eat, but figuring out what's in your regular meals is a good idea so you can keep a running total over the day.

Only drink water or 0 calorie drinks - but water is best. I usually have at least 1.5L of water per day, more if possible.

On sunday I eat whatever and as much as I can. I try to have a little of everything that I was craving over the previous week. I deliberately boost my calories as high as I can get them, close to 3000 if I can manage it (though I usually feel bloated and sick before I reach that point) - this keeps your metabolism from going into starvation mode. If you *have* to have something that isn't on your plan, don't feel guilty about it, but try to make it on wednesday if possible, and only one thing/meal if you can. A small calorie spike mid-week won't really hurt you.

Because of the very limited nature of this diet, it's a good idea to take a good multivitamin. If you've got one you like, cool. But I did a whole bunch of research and highly recommend AST Multi Pro 32x bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html

Also, research suggests that having a good balance of EFA (omega 3-6-9) in your diet can speed up fat loss and has other health benefits etc. I take bodybuilding.com/store/lab/leangold.html

Black Bean Soup
900ml low-sodium (if possible) chicken stock
3x 540ml cans of black beans, not drained
1x 500gr bags frozen spinach
~200ml salsa (I like hot, YMMV)
cumin

Toss the stock, salsa, and two cans of the beans in a large pot. Blend with a hand mixer or use a blender. Turn the heat onto about medium, add the last can of beans and the spinach. Reduce by about 1/5-1/4. Toss in a tupperware and throw in the fridge once it's cooled.

You can get all the ingredients for a big batch of this at walmart for under $10. Responds well to half batches too.

1 cup of the soup is roughly 140-160 calories. It makes a great base for chicken/vegetable soups and also as a sauce type thing for broccoli/beef/black bean stir fry.

I am now on a variation of this diet, but it worked really well for me, especially for the first three months. I was doing 1.5hrs of intense jiu-jitsu training 4-5x per week, which covered both my strength and cardio. I hit a plateau after hitting about 160, but I think it's mostly my fault as I stopped being able to train as I took on a fourth job. I've switched my dayjob to one that is very physically intense, so that should reboot things for me.

Hope this helps.

princessfit
05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Being in your 20's and losing weight can actually be really hard even though everyone says it isnt! I am 26 but my body has drastically changed along with my metabolism since high school when I could eat anything and never workout. I finally found something that has really worked to me, because on top of working out and diet I was not reaching the goals I wanted in the amount of time that I needed to meet them in. Mostly no one is perfect and a lot of people cannot meet their goals because their metabolism is slowing down and they cheat by snacking during the day (so hard for me to control!!!). I really wanted to see a difference in my body that my workout and dieting were not achieving. It called Phenyl Core, by Infinite Labs. I am so happy that I have started to see a lot more toning and fat loss and I havent changed my workout. It gives me energy throughout the whole day, really boosts my metabolism and most importantly for me curbs my snack cravings as well (my biggest downfall). I cant happily say it has been what's made my body from good to great!! I really recommend it because its hard to do it without any help. Good luck!!